How are new players ever going to catch-up? (a parody)

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    this post is funny but also the dumbest thing i've ever read

Or is it
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Anyone else have any issues with the forums being down all the time?

I do. They haven't worked once for me in two weeks.

Have you tried closing and reopening your browser? If that doesn’t work, I’m sure CG will fix it soon (tm). They might even give everyone 3 likes once it’s working again.

I opened a report on EA Answers, fingers crossed.
  • Hyperlike bundle incoming.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    This thread is too good.

How do I report the OP for cheating? No way he can make a forum post this good with his post history.

What’s the point, though? The devs negotiate with forum cheaters.

Have you seen @CG_SBCrumb 's post count? There is no way he can get the legendary 10k likes with that post per like ratio

I think he cheated

Message @Kyno' sDaddy
    Summoning is bugged and sometimes doesn't work
  • Calo_Nord
    224 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    The forum isn’t fun anymore and I would have quit already if it wasn’t for the great community.
  • TVF wrote: »

Have you tried closing and reopening your browser? If that doesn’t work, I’m sure CG will fix it soon (tm). They might even give everyone 3 likes once it’s working again.

Did I say “close and reopen your browser”? I meant delete and recreate your account. I’m sure you’ll be able to recover your progress. (I swear I’ve got no ulterior motives here).
  • this post is funny but also the dumbest thing i've ever read

Thanks (I think). It took a while to theorycraft a decent post. I did almost DM the content to a veteran forumer to post on my behalf but new post creators have to start somewhere, right?
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    this post is funny but also the dumbest thing i've ever read

Thanks (I think). It took a while to theorycraft a decent post. I did almost DM the content to a veteran forumer to post on my behalf but new post creators have to start somewhere, right?

You should make a video.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    This thread is too good.

How do I report the OP for cheating? No way he can make a forum post this good with his post history.

What’s the point, though? The devs negotiate with forum cheaters.

Have you seen @CG_SBCrumb 's post count? There is no way he can get the legendary 10k likes with that post per like ratio

I think he cheated

Message @Kyno' sDaddy
    Summoning is bugged and sometimes doesn't work

And apparently doesn't count if you under-post. :(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Did I say “close and reopen your browser”? I meant delete and recreate your account. I’m sure you’ll be able to recover your progress. (I swear I’ve got no ulterior motives here).

Ok I'll be right ba--
  • Where's the posting guide? What to post in and what not to post in.
  • I also feel like CG manipulates like rates - especially for newer posters. I posted about 20 times and didn't get a single like. I feel like I go weeks without a single like, despite posting every day. It also feels like when I'm at 99 likes, that 100th one takes FOREVER! Dynamic like rates is underhanded. And don't even get me started about double-like days.

Also, does anyone know whether to get likes if it's better to post one day at time? Or multiple posts in one day? I feel like I get more likes one at a time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I also feel like CG manipulates like rates - especially for newer posters. I posted about 20 times and didn't get a single like. I feel like I go weeks without a single like, despite posting every day. It also feels like when I'm at 99 likes, that 100th one takes FOREVER! Dynamic like rates is underhanded. And don't even get me started about double-like days.

Also, does anyone know whether to get likes if it's better to post one day at time? Or multiple posts in one day? I feel like I get more likes one at a time.
    I post in threes. It doesn’t make a difference to how many likes I get, but it makes it feel less disappointing when I draw a blank.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Remember when CG reduced the possible post count in a day from 8 to 5? Greedy.

That only affects general discussions. Off-topic farming has no limits.
    You’re a noob. I was around in the 3 post per day era.

The thing that kills me is that I posted with gay abandon when there was no consequences to bloating your post count.

Now, I get compared with much leaner posters.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

The thing that kills me is that I posted with gay abandon when there was no consequences to bloating your post count.

You've had plenty of time to stop posting, but you're still doing it.

Pffft, you're not even in Div 1 yet. Wait till you hit 5k and your posts start getting compared to someone with 25k. Then you're in for a world of hurt.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Can we get new threads cycled in to old discussions?

Feedback thread hasn’t had a new thread in months! And the GET discussion has so much competition that it takes 6 months to farm a rare high GP player from that discussion
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

Pffft, you're not even in Div 1 yet. Wait till you hit 5k and your posts start getting compared to someone with 25k. Then you're in for a world of hurt.
    I try to keep my post count down so I get compared to other lower posters. But I keep seeing that blue “post comment” button and I can’t resist pressing it.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

I try to keep my post count down so I get compared to other lower posters. But I keep seeing that blue “post comment” button and I can’t resist pressing it.

You're lucky - my "post comment" buttons keep disappearing!

• Double like days are nice, but doubling zero is still zero. Doesn't help at all.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Why is there no censorship filter for visASS marr?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Double like days are nice, but doubling zero is still zero. Doesn't help at all.

If CG cared about the forums they'd change double likes to double like rates.

Unfortunately likes don't drive spending.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Remember when we had a balanced like/dislike meta? Now its all about the likes
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

It's not just unbalanced, they took one side completely out of the forums. Now it's either likes or neutral.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Stop asking CG to fix your mistakes.

It's not just unbalanced, they took one side completely out of the forums. Now it's either likes or neutral.

There's a datamine about "giga-likes" coming to the forums with crazy requirements, like creating 14 10-pages post. If those GL are really a thing, I may quit the forum for good. The balance will be gone forever.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

There's a datamine about "giga-likes" coming to the forums with crazy requirements, like creating 14 10-pages post. If those GL are really a thing, I may quit the forum for good. The balance will be gone forever.

I've been hoarding likes since December. I'm ready.

I've been hoarding likes since December. I'm ready.

Just make sure you wait to see the post kits before you decide which post to put all those likes on. Choose wrong and you'll never be able to solo anything.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.