How are new players ever going to catch-up? (a parody)

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Remember when we had a balanced like/dislike meta? Now its all about the likes

It's not just unbalanced, they took one side completely out of the forums. Now it's either likes or neutral.

There's a datamine about "giga-likes" coming to the forums with crazy requirements, like creating 14 10-pages post. If those GL are really a thing, I may quit the forum for good. The balance will be gone forever.

I've been hoarding likes since December. I'm ready.

Just make sure you wait to see the post kits before you decide which post to put all those likes on. Choose wrong and you'll never be able to solo anything.

I'm sure they'll buff the posts I don't like though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

It's not just unbalanced, they took one side completely out of the forums. Now it's either likes or neutral.

There's a datamine about "giga-likes" coming to the forums with crazy requirements, like creating 14 10-pages post. If those GL are really a thing, I may quit the forum for good. The balance will be gone forever.

Just make sure you wait to see the post kits before you decide which post to put all those likes on. Choose wrong and you'll never be able to solo anything.

@TVF has never had trouble soloing the forums before.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

TVF has never had trouble soloing the forums before.

Not true, sometimes there's a bug where I can't post for a few days for some reason.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

TVF has never had trouble soloing the forums before.

Not true, sometimes there's a bug where I can't post for a few days for some reason.

You probably just forgot to hit join. Happens to the best of us from time to time.
  • 20 minutes and no replies.

Forums are dying :/
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
    20 minutes and no replies.

There's nothing to do on the forums. Post your dailies, hit auto and that's it. What are supposed to do for the other 23 hours and 53 minutes of the day? Do they just expect us to go post somewhere else?

I know some people complain about the forums being a time sink, but really, there's not much to do on this forum. And no, reading the same thread is NOT new content.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

There's nothing to do on the forums. Post your dailies, hit auto and that's it. What are supposed to do for the other 23 hours and 53 minutes of the day? Do they just expect us to go post somewhere else?

I know some people complain about the forums being a time sink, but really, there's not much to do on this forum. And no, reading the same thread is NOT new content.

All threads are reskins of previous threads.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

There's a new forum called "Reddit" that is a copycat of this one. Me and my guildies already went there, we just started and it's a ton of fun. You should have a look.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

There's a new forum called "Reddit" that is a copycat of this one. Me and my guildies already went there, we just started and it's a ton of fun. You should have a look.

This post is likebait.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

I just feel like all we need is for Crumb to post more. Then people wouldn't feel the need to look at other forums.

Too many feels?

I just feel like all we need is for Crumb to post more. Then people wouldn't feel the need to look at other forums.

Too many feels?

No way. Feels >>> Facts. It is the forum way.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Too many feels?

No way. Feels >>> Facts. It is the forum way.

I have tracked feels and facts in the forum for several years now and my data proves that this is correct.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think this place is doing shard merging

This @CG_TopHat guy with came out of nowhere in my top 50 most liked users with 1.7k likes and he only has 78 GP (Global Posts)

How can a new player suddenly show up in day one shard??
  • Ultra wrote: »

This @CG_TopHat guy with came out of nowhere in my top 50 most liked users with 1.7k likes and he only has 78 GP (Global Posts)

I heard that likehacks where a problem here...
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Problem is not gonna go away when they just get a 1 week ban negotiated down to 3 days.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Problem is not gonna go away when they just get a 1 week ban negotiated down to 3 days.

I’ve seen players like TVF sithpost all day but never get banned because he’s a kraken account who keeps liking developer posts
  • Calo_Nord
    224 posts Member
    edited September 2020

I’ve seen players like TVF sithpost all day but never get banned because he’s a kraken account who keeps liking developer posts

I’m sensing growing animosity between casual posters and competitive ones here. Everyone thinks their way is more noble.
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »

I’m sensing growing animosity between casual posters and competitive ones here. Everyone thinks their way is more noble.

I'm totally f2post. I refuse to pay for likes like some people here, it just sorta feels dirty.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The hyperlike bundle was the best investment I've ever made here.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The hyperlike bundle was the best investment I've ever made here.

I almost bought it in frustration just to get the icon off my profile page as it was covering up my like count so I couldn't tell how well I was doing, but I've resisted this long so I'm in it for the long haul. They can't leave it there forever can they?
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Even without hacks,
    If you cost someone else likes
    They'll just flag your post.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Even without hacks,

swgoh.gg isn't tracking it (yet) so how is anyone gonna know I'm costing them likes?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Even without hacks,

swgoh.gg isn't tracking it (yet) so how is anyone gonna know I'm costing them likes?

They can feel it.

• Someone in my GA post battle cheated! They kept getting more likes even though what they said made no sense.
  • Someone in my GA post battle cheated! They kept getting more likes even though what they said made no sense.

It’s just a visual like glitch on forums.gg.
  • All I know is that the LS Geo TB pages are the worst posts on the forum. They're not fun at all. I don't know why anyone would like any of those posts.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    All I know is that the LS Geo TB pages are the worst posts on the forum. They're not fun at all. I don't know why anyone would like any of those posts.
    Sounds like you’re not ready for them. You should stick with the LS Hoth posts until you’re an advanced poster.
  • 100th post!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually, seemed somewhat fitting here.)
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    All I know is that the LS Geo TB pages are the worst posts on the forum. They're not fun at all. I don't know why anyone would like any of those posts.

Rey would help a lot. Start a post about her.
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    100th post!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually, seemed somewhat fitting here.)

Put it on Reddit
    Tagged "Pride and accomplishment",
    I've heard they love that.