What the sith?-GC feat

Replies

• Lockslay wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lockslay wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I can't get t5 to work. Tried Barris l, hoda, Malak, Wat, Sith trooper. The battle went so long all the rebels died from frost bite and still nothing.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236148/galactic-challenge-hoth-solved#latest

You need all g13 Triumverate though.

Just for last tier, the other ones need to remove mods to let them kill your siths

I've done all the other ones. I've spent 4 hours+ on T7. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I can't get t5 to work. Tried Barris l, hoda, Malak, Wat, Sith trooper. The battle went so long all the rebels died from frost bite and still nothing.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236148/galactic-challenge-hoth-solved#latest

Just for last tier, the other ones need to remove mods to let them kill your siths

Didn’t remove mods but DR lead with Malak / Wat / zBariss works

Try to get as many counters when Malak has taunt through DR AOE
  • I have two issues with this feat.

1. There needs to be some way to tell if you have the feat.

2. I think the numbers are tuned a bit high. For tier 7 you have to heal for 1.5 mil health. Malak has about 150k to 200k health and protection. Mine is 169k at r3. So he has to get down to almost no health and drain 10 times to get the feat. Even using multiple characters, it is probably tuned a bit high for the amount of rewards.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Yep - did that 10+ times. No luck. I give up. This isn't worth 3 carbs. I'd rather play LS TB. Thanks all for the suggestions.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I have two issues with this feat.

1. There needs to be some way to tell if you have the feat.

2. I think the numbers are tuned a bit high. For tier 7 you have to heal for 1.5 mil health. Malak has about 150k to 200k health and protection. Mine is 169k at r3. So he has to get down to almost no health and drain 10 times to get the feat. Even using multiple characters, it is probably tuned a bit high for the amount of rewards.

Forget malak use nihilus

Traya nihilus with full health, wat without mods, sith trooper (old) and a random junk sith without mods to get killed
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Yep - did that 10+ times. No luck. I give up. This isn't worth 3 carbs. I'd rather play LS TB. Thanks all for the suggestions.

this
  • worst feat ever... one more time CG release something without having tested it
  • I completed the feat from T3 to T7 using Malak. Tried T1 and T2 a couple of times for completeness and gave up.the rebels died too fast.
  • Agree with what many others have said already. With SOME kind of progress indicator for how much of the feat you've achieved at a given point, this could be a really interesting puzzle-type event to figure out. Without that, it's just a rote exercise in guess-work where you have no idea how close you are/whether you're on the right track/getting closer to success with any particular variation you try until/unless you somehow blindly stumble into a solution that results in total success. It's mostly just an exercise in frustration at this point.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited September 2020
    Hey folks, a few qualifiers for the feat to help clarify the interaction. It looks to be working correctly but there are some specific criteria that need to be met:
    • Sith needs to be the one healing
    • Sith needs to be the one being healed
    • The credit for the heal will only be applied if the target being healed is missing health, and only the missing health will count (ie, 3000/10000 HP unit gets healed for 25K, only 7K will count towards the feat)
    • Health steal does not count

Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey folks, a few qualifiers for the feat to help clarify the interaction. It looks to working correctly but there are some specific criteria that need to be met:
    • The credit for the heal will only be applied if the target being healed is missing health, and only the missing health will count (ie, 3000/10000 HP unit gets healed for 25K, only 7K will count towards the feat)

yopiivaxyx9k.jpg
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey folks, a few qualifiers for the feat to help clarify the interaction. It looks to working correctly but there are some specific criteria that need to be met:

This explains why Medpac is working. The ability that puts it on your sith isn't a sith ability, but once it's there it's the character with the Medpac healing the character with the Medpac.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
    Hey folks, a few qualifiers for the feat to help clarify the interaction. It looks to be working correctly but there are some specific criteria that need to be met:

So DN lead is pointless. And anyone who put the zeta on the lead wasted it. Cool, cool, cool.

• MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    This is one extremely obnoxious feat CG. It literally goes against your own words regarding greeting up toons. Trying to get some of the these stun guns in t4 without ANY paper sith is a joke.
  • This is one extremely obnoxious feat CG.

Understatement.

Cool. Thanks for finally communicating and clarifying. Please tell the team that this feat is incredibly dumb and pointless without a progress bar and with how it’s set up. You make it virtually impossible to get the feat if your sith are geared too high. Never do it again.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Cool. Thanks for finally communicating and clarifying. Please tell the team that this feat is incredibly dumb and pointless without a progress bar and with how it’s set up. You make it virtually impossible to get the feat if your sith are geared too high. Never do it again.

i think its okay overall to have feets like this, but maybe make them tied to the lower feets. so if you can complete this on tier 5, you get tiers 1-4 also, but you still need to do teirs 6 and 7 independently. I'd say tier 4/5 would be the highest to auto earn the lower teirs, the rest you have to do manually each.

BUT i highly agree a progress bar is needed for these in the future.

(note tying to lower tiers is only for feets that are harder/impossible with higher gear characters)
  • CaptSpaulding
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Tried T4 few times with only DN lead and DS and failed... Set it on auto and took a shower and somehow got it.
    DN is R1 and DS is R7 so that's probably the only one I will get
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

i think its okay overall to have feets like this, but maybe make them tied to the lower feets. so if you can complete this on tier 5, you get tiers 1-4 also, but you still need to do teirs 6 and 7 independently. I'd say tier 4/5 would be the highest to auto earn the lower teirs, the rest you have to do manually each.

BUT i highly agree a progress bar is needed for these in the future.

(note tying to lower tiers is only for feets that are harder/impossible with higher gear characters)

That's a pretty applicable solution.
  • Zanth
    37 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I've only been able to make this work 1x on T5: Malak Wat 3PO BO. Wat gives health to Malak, shield to 3PO. 3PO gives translation to Malak and ideally every subsequent time to speed up his life suck. Everyone is balancing the frostbite, clear it as you see fit. No need to keep them all for Malak by any means. In fact, having BO around = healing on crits. Having 3PO around = reducing cooldowns. Having Wat around = keeping Malak free and clear of debuffs (buff immunity, ability block) so that he can like drain when it is available. Gonna give T6 a whirl.

Edit: This just worked on T6. Going for the hat-trick
    Edit 2: Old Daka with zeta (lead), zombie, Barriss with zeta, Wat with zeta and Malak for the win on T7.
    Post edited by Zanth on
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Based on this it is still not clear to me if Traya lead would work. I suspect no, but it is heal from a Sith (leader ability) to a Sith.
    Otherwise, which Sith actually provide healing outside of health steal?
    Malak with drain and Sion with revive?

And Wat medpack, naturally. Native Sith ability right there.

I’ve managed T4-6, so I’m OK. But still find this feat silly as there seems very few options for success, very poor explanation of how it work and extremely difficult to complete at T7 because Rebels will suicide before delivering enough damage.

• Any time Malak has been hit with a crit, he heals for 25% health (if zeta BO is present). With the medpac from Wat, he heals every character turn. Any time he is crit, the rebel gains fear and then Malak taunts, forcing the next hit. You just need a really good cycle of Malak being hit and healing up enough each turn that he makes small gains but ideally he gets smacked super hard by a CLS 3PAC combo so he will get his life drain. Once you get 3-4 of those under your belt in conjunction with the heals from BO and the medpac, it seems you are solid. I used OD lead and zombie to ensure I had the characters around to keep the stacks of frozen low.
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »

Based on this it is still not clear to me if Traya lead would work. I suspect no, but it is heal from a Sith (leader ability) to a Sith.
    Otherwise, which Sith actually provide healing outside of health steal?
    Malak with drain and Sion with revive?

And Wat medpack, naturally. Native Sith ability right there.

I’ve managed T4-6, so I’m OK. But still find this feat silly as there seems very few options for success, very poor explanation of how it work and extremely difficult to complete at T7 because Rebels will suicide before delivering enough damage.

I've done with
    - Traya lead
    - Nihilus full health 4x16%
    - Wat (removed all mods to let him die faster) just give mesipac to nihilus to keep him alive
    - Si trooper that taunt in the beginning so get killed in the first rebel attack giving the health bonus to nihilus and traya
    - last character your weaker sith, do not use assassin to avoid stealth, the 5th character has to be a sith that does very fast to give bonus health to traya/nihilus take out mods

1- Start the match medpac to nihilus
    2- isolate 9ld Ben to avoid taunt
    3- as soon as possible annihilate chewie3PO
    4- only survivors will be traya and nihilus
    5- let the rebels play till they frozen otherwise kill them all 8f you reach 9 stacks... If traya dies don't worry, nihilus will lose TM and heal thousands of times
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @Lockslay I’ve seen your guide.
    Probably won’t work with my gear levels on DN/Traya.
    Also, for that to work wouldn’t it require both Zetas on Traya?

I can easily survive the match with Malak/Wat and some weaker Sith to die off, but can’t get enough health regen apparently to finish the the feat. And this is with ChewPie surviving until frostbite suicide to keep dealing damage for Malak to heal.
    Can’t see how DN should have more success than Malak on that account...

EDIT: Finally got last tier, just took a bunch of attempts to receive enough damage. Weak Savage lead, weak Sith ally, Wat, DR, Malak.
    Medpack to Malak. DR for a few AoE while Malak has taunt. Killed off CLS, Old Ben to reset their frostbite and have them revive to do more damage. Blind luck, no idea how close I’ve been with same strategy previous 4-5 times...
  • rubbish...

i don't have wat tambor, so i'm screwed... still the crappiest feat
  • Thanks for the clarification but I would say that health steal isn’t counted is a bug and a big part of the confusion around this feat. And that Wats healing buff is counted should clearly not be WAI. Please rework this feat if you plan to use it again in the future.
  • Seems like unless you have Wat, give up trying the health challenge
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    @Lockslay I’ve seen your guide.
    Probably won’t work with my gear levels on DN/Traya.
    Also, for that to work wouldn’t it require both Zetas on Traya?

I can easily survive the match with Malak/Wat and some weaker Sith to die off, but can’t get enough health regen apparently to finish the the feat. And this is with ChewPie surviving until frostbite suicide to keep dealing damage for Malak to heal.
    Can’t see how DN should have more success than Malak on that account...

EDIT: Finally got last tier, just took a bunch of attempts to receive enough damage. Weak Savage lead, weak Sith ally, Wat, DR, Malak.
    Medpack to Malak. DR for a few AoE while Malak has taunt. Killed off CLS, Old Ben to reset their frostbite and have them revive to do more damage. Blind luck, no idea how close I’ve been with same strategy previous 4-5 times...

I've tried that setup over 20 times now again this morning, no luck. Malak has several life drains from yellow/red, but no feat. With no progress meter I have no idea why or how close. Horrible design that's terribly frustrating.