What the sith?-GC feat

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hey folks, a few qualifiers for the feat to help clarify the interaction. It looks to be working correctly but there are some specific criteria that need to be met:
    • Sith needs to be the one healing
    • Sith needs to be the one being healed
    • The credit for the heal will only be applied if the target being healed is missing health, and only the missing health will count (ie, 3000/10000 HP unit gets healed for 25K, only 7K will count towards the feat)
    • Health steal does not count

Cool. Thanks for finally communicating and clarifying. Please tell the team that this feat is incredibly dumb and pointless without a progress bar and with how it’s set up. You make it virtually impossible to get the feat if your sith are geared too high. Never do it again.

This...

Hard to imagine how they can make GC worse, but they manage to every time.

So lets just say... all a persons sith are r7. How does that person get this feat in tier 1?

Garbage mode, garbage feat.... well done again
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Hey folks, a few qualifiers for the feat to help clarify the interaction. It looks to be working correctly but there are some specific criteria that need to be met:
    • The credit for the heal will only be applied if the target being healed is missing health, and only the missing health will count (ie, 3000/10000 HP unit gets healed for 25K, only 7K will count towards the feat)

Cool. Thanks for finally communicating and clarifying. Please tell the team that this feat is incredibly dumb and pointless without a progress bar and with how it’s set up. You make it virtually impossible to get the feat if your sith are geared too high. Never do it again.

So lets just say... all a persons sith are r7. How does that person get this feat in tier 1?

I guess it doesnt really make it better, but the people who cant make it work, are too developed to need those rewards.

I have seen high end players making T2, I have not seen a confirmed T1.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I guess it doesnt really make it better, but the people who cant make it work, are too developed to need those rewards.

I cant make it work on any tier.

For example.. id only care abiut the stun guns on tier 4.

I remove all my mods.... i still cant get it. I shouldnt be punished for having the correct characters at too high a level.

Very very bad design
  • p382mispu2p8.jpg

I got t7 with this team. Wat tech as sith ability is stupid imo, and we really need a tracker.

This whole wat thing might be wai when it comes to programming, but i srsly doubt this was on the creator's mind
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I remove all my mods.... i still cant get it. I shouldnt be punished for having the correct characters at too high a level.

Very very bad design

It's a puzzle, and others have been figuring out, you are not being punished.

I will try to fish out the pic of T4 team making it work with relic toons.

It does seem to be tuned a little high, but players have been able to make it work.

Very very bad design

It's a puzzle

In a puzzle you can see if you're making progress. With no progress bar, we have no idea. If this is a "puzzle" it's a horrible one. I have spent over 7 hours on T7 with every variation listed on the forums and my guild chat (many of whom can't solve this "puzzle" either - a very few who have....but have no idea how) - changing mod setups, swapping out various leaders, etc.

If CG really wants feedback, their idea of "puzzle" stinks. Take the extra coding step of providing a progress bar so we are not trying to solve a puzzle blindfolded.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Well this is the first GC I’ve not fully completed. So far. Still trying just for ego now. But that first feats is impossible when your sith are in relic levels. Gotta say that’s a funny stumper CG
    Post edited by Sewpot on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Very very bad design

It's a puzzle

In a puzzle you can see if you're making progress. With no progress bar, we have no idea. If this is a "puzzle" it's a horrible one. I have spent over 7 hours on T7 with every variation listed on the forums and my guild chat (many of whom can't solve this "puzzle" either - a very few who have....but have no idea how) - changing mod setups, swapping out various leaders, etc.

If CG really wants feedback, their idea of "puzzle" stinks. Take the extra coding step of providing a progress bar so we are not trying to solve a puzzle blindfolded.

That's not necessarily true, there is no requirement of seeing progress to call it a puzzle. Some of the most challenging puzzles I have seen people do, they "dont know what they are doing" and that's part of the challenge. (EX)

The people who have solved it know exactly what they did. There is no hidden changes, they removed mods and made a team comp, let's not act like it's some hidden thing, short of the usual RNG factor that may let in edge cases.

Yes a progress bar would have helped, and it seems to be tuned a little high on the values. I didnt say anyone liked it or it was easy.
  • T4 should be pretty simple. R7 Malak and a Wat to give medpack to Malak.
    Just try a few times until Tebels manage enough damage on Malak.
    Can certainly be done at lower levels for Malak as well.
    Could probably add in any super low gear Sith to feed Mac health and healing to Malak, but not strictly needed.

Very very bad design

It's a puzzle

That's not necessarily true, there is no requirement of seeing progress to call it a puzzle. Some of the most challenging puzzles I have seen people do, they "dont know what they are doing" and that's part of the challenge. (EX)

The people who have solved it know exactly what they did. There is no hidden changes, they removed mods and made a team comp, let's not act like it's some hidden thing, short of the usual RNG factor that may let in edge cases.

Yes a progress bar would have helped, and it seems to be tuned a little high on the values. I didnt say anyone liked it or it was easy.

Removed mods? Isn't that contrary to the spirit of the game? It seems kind of silly to have a puzzle that involved intentionally making your characters worse (or that is more difficult if they are good).

In regards to the bolded, fair enough - you're right, CG doesn't have to design a game that anyone actually likes. :D

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

Again, I must disagree. While minimal, those tiers give salvageable parts which end game players do need and use. It may be small amounts, but so are the amount gained in most of the tiers. To completely disregard one portion of the player base whether it be those who do not spend, those who do, those who are casual, or those who just want to be able to mark every tier as a 3-Star or complete all feats is wrong. This is not an acceptable way to view this. Being unable to complete any part because you have progressed too far does not make sense to me. Everything should be able to be accomplished, or there should be a way to close it out. on a personal note I like to see a completion across the board. (I can't stand that I will never be able to get 3 Stars on Jedi Training Rey's last tier in her journey because Finn has to get taken out.. but that is off topic.)
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

So DN lead is pointless. And anyone who put the zeta on the lead wasted it. Cool, cool, cool.

Putting a zeta on DN lead (which is a garbage zeta to begin with) just to get some single digit low gear reward in an event feat that might happen once every 2 months or so - this is the forum/reddit way!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

So DN lead is pointless. And anyone who put the zeta on the lead wasted it. Cool, cool, cool.

Putting a zeta on DN lead (which is a garbage zeta to begin with) just to get some single digit low gear reward in an event feat that might happen once every 2 months or so - this is the forum/reddit way!

I didn't day I did it - but I know people who did before Crumb clarified that health steal healing from a Sith lead ability doesn't count for Sith healing. But that's the CG way!

• Darth Nihlus' lead not being a sith ability is peak cg.
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    @Lockslay I’ve seen your guide.
    Probably won’t work with my gear levels on DN/Traya.
    Also, for that to work wouldn’t it require both Zetas on Traya?

I can easily survive the match with Malak/Wat and some weaker Sith to die off, but can’t get enough health regen apparently to finish the the feat. And this is with ChewPie surviving until frostbite suicide to keep dealing damage for Malak to heal.
    Can’t see how DN should have more success than Malak on that account...

EDIT: Finally got last tier, just took a bunch of attempts to receive enough damage. Weak Savage lead, weak Sith ally, Wat, DR, Malak.
    Medpack to Malak. DR for a few AoE while Malak has taunt. Killed off CLS, Old Ben to reset their frostbite and have them revive to do more damage. Blind luck, no idea how close I’ve been with same strategy previous 4-5 times...

Yeah I have full zetas and relic 3 or 4
    Keep trying, maybe in tier 5/6 nihilus 12 could work. I just couldn't complete that with malak because he got so many turns due to his buffs over Luke
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Darth Nihlus' lead not being a sith ability is peak cg.

it's not an ally ability. Yes it's stupid but it does say sith ally in the feat itself.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Zanth wrote: »
    I've only been able to make this work 1x on T5: Malak Wat 3PO BO. Wat gives health to Malak, shield to 3PO. 3PO gives translation to Malak and ideally every subsequent time to speed up his life suck. Everyone is balancing the frostbite, clear it as you see fit. No need to keep them all for Malak by any means. In fact, having BO around = healing on crits. Having 3PO around = reducing cooldowns. Having Wat around = keeping Malak free and clear of debuffs (buff immunity, ability block) so that he can like drain when it is available. Gonna give T6 a whirl.

Edit: This just worked on T6. Going for the hat-trick
    Edit 2: Old Daka with zeta (lead), zombie, Barriss with zeta, Wat with zeta and Malak for the win on T7.

2 NS, a Seppy and a Jedi for a Sith mode. Makes sense. Honestly though, I've tried that lineup with R5 Daka lead over 10 times with no luck. All the NS do is provide targets other than Malak so he doesn't take enough damage to heal enough to get the feat.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

Very very bad design

It's a puzzle

Just wanted to follow up on the feedback part. Apologies if we're out of the "exhibition" phase and feedback is no longer wanted. I wasn't sure because, well, you know - CG's communication on GC's, where we're at and whether or not we're in exhibition or not has been....well, the usual.

If the final product is 3 days, but only once a week, the rewards are weak too. So there's more feedback....if they care. Still.

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Crumb comes in to clarify.....and yet I've seen things he says should work not work, and things work that he said should not work. At least I think so, but it's impossible to tell because there's no visual counter to tell you at any point what is going on or where you stand.

This feat is probably one of the dumbest things CG has done.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I managed to complete all tiers. Took some time and thought, but it’s possible.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

I'm very confused right now. Some people managed to win this feat with a Nihilus lead, but how is that possible if Nihilus lead means your Sith can't heal, and if Health steal does not count for the feat??? How did those players get any heal points for the feat?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    DarthAsajj wrote: »

I'm very confused right now. Some people managed to win this feat with a Nihilus lead, but how is that possible if Nihilus lead means your Sith can't heal, and if Health steal does not count for the feat??? How did those players get any heal points for the feat?

They used Sion's held by hatred under Nihilus lead which isn't a health steal
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Very very bad design

It's a puzzle

Having to remove mods is being punished kyno. It has a cost associated with it.

That is not offset by said feat. It is a net negative in that category.

Its also super bad to have a character be too strong to win a feat but easily 3 star the level.

We can agree to disagree... but if this is playing out like they intended, then they are not interested in making the game fun, as this is not. My time will be spent else where this time
  • Ultra wrote: »

Wait, how could Sion heal under Nihilus lead? Can he do that? I don't have Sion so I can't try it myself, but I found an old post where EA confirms to a player that Sion cannot heal with Nihilus lead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Darth-Sion-Held-by-Hatred-doesn-t-restore-health-under-Darth/td-p/6898487
    I'm so very confused :'(:'(

Also I don't understand why many people think that Wat's heal is working, when they said that only health from Sith allies abilities count. Wat isn't a Sith. Are they getting it wrong or what??? I'm so lost right now ><
  • DarthAsajj wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Wait, how could Sion heal under Nihilus lead? Can he do that? I don't have Sion so I can't try it myself, but I found an old post where EA confirms to a player that Sion cannot heal with Nihilus lead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Darth-Sion-Held-by-Hatred-doesn-t-restore-health-under-Darth/td-p/6898487

Also I don't understand why many people think that Wat's heal is working, when they said that only health from Sith allies abilities count. Wat isn't a Sith. Are they getting it wrong or what??? I'm so lost right now ><

I did several of the tiers with just Malak and Wat. Ways medpack tech definitely counts.
    I did several of the tiers with just Malak and Wat. Ways medpack tech definitely counts.

Thanks for the information!
    I've also seen a video of just Nihilus lead and Sion, and it worked even though they can't heal, only steal health.

I hope CG will clarify why apparently Wat's medpacks count even though he's not a Sith, and Health steal counts even though they specifically said it doesn't.
    Ultra wrote: »

Wat augments a character with 1 of 3 bonuses. Once assigned the bonus is that characters... its not coming from wat.

Basically, you add an ability to a sith character woth wat. Then he can die off and said sith still gets the bonus because the sith charavter is causing it
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Wat augments a character with 1 of 3 bonuses. Once assigned the bonus is that characters... its not coming from wat.

Basically, you add an ability to a sith character woth wat. Then he can die off and said sith still gets the bonus because the sith charavter is causing it

I see. Thanks for the explanation, even though I still think it's really far-fetched. One could also argue that the Sith is just getting the effects from Wat's ability, not gaining a new ability himself. How are players supposed to guess that? Especially since there is no progress bar to see what is counted and what's not :/
    So that means any health over time effect given by a non-Sith character would count too right? Like Chirrut's?

Does anyone have an answer for my other question? Why health steal seems to be counted even though Crumb said it wasn't???
    Darth Nihlus' lead not being a sith ability is peak cg.

it's not an ally ability. Yes it's stupid but it does say sith ally in the feat itself.

But, if we're going to argue semantics, if you use DN lead and another Sith is in the squad and uses health steal to heal, that 2nd Sith is using a Sith ally's ability.

But whatever. This vaguely worded feat, with no progress meter is the worst feat CG has come up with yet.

If they're trying to create a game mode people like, making it more confusing, giving it weaker rewards and running it less often might not be the best way to do so. But what do we know? Mark's been EP, what? 2 to 3 times longer than many of us have been playing this game? ...Oh, no wait....the other way around.

yankeeh8er wrote: »

Thanks for the information!
    I've also seen a video of just Nihilus lead and Sion, and it worked even though they can't heal, only steal health.

I hope CG will clarify why apparently Wat's medpacks count even though he's not a Sith, and Health steal counts even though they specifically said it doesn't.

Nihilus' lead is used to increase Sion's health pool, remember that Sion loses all his protection and gains that much health under DN lead.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg