Running out of Salvage?

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Update, I ran out of gear to craft the Carbonite Circuit Board XD

All this Relics for JML dried me out.

Yeah I don’t think I can chase another GL even if I wanted to and had the patience to wait out a year to get one because of the scraps
  • Month 2 player, 40 relic’ed toons, I will run out of material either just before or just after being fully ready for GL Luke.
  • I am a 4 year+ ftp and I had to buy circuit boards with crystals after struggling with them for too long. I have only Rey GL and I'm going after JML (already got JKL), so it's not about having one or both GL, it's a widespread problem.

I also don't go past relic 3 on anyone not necessary, and never have
  • I'm a f2p launch player and I'll very likely run out of the bronzium scraps throughout the SEE/JML farm. But I've hoarded lots of crystals so I guess I will have to use some of them to buy scraps...
    Annoying, but it is what it is.
  • I'm a f2p launch player and I'll very likely run out of the bronzium scraps throughout the SEE/JML farm. But I've hoarded lots of crystals so I guess I will have to use some of them to buy scraps...
    Annoying, but it is what it is.

I believe spending energy refreshes on LS 1-D (or maybe 1-F as well) is cheaper than purchasing them directly with crystals from the Weekly Store. I’ve estimated around 75 white gear pieces for 20 sims (120 energy), which nets you 12 Chips plus a little extra overflow.

Although I haven’t been able to find drop rates for white gear pieces so that’s not perfect, but it should be better.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I said this about gear salvage a while ago.
    Being a whale myself I put the warnings out people people keep complaining about all this low gear we keep getting from events and such.
    I said to watch out because it goes really fast once you have lots of reliced characters. Then a GL or 2 pop up and makes us have to level those characters up even more and good by “I have a thousand of this gear stop giving it to me!” complaints lol
    Chromium transistors I find become next bottleneck
  • Not really running out just yet, but I see the problem on the horizon. Oh well, at least farming 6e nodes for GL tickets won't feel like such a waste...
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    ... so, what’s a good way to get Bronzium Wiring? That’s my main problem area (along with Aurodium, but that’s because the characters I’m trying to gear for SEE are all at the Holoprojector crunch).

LS 7B. It gives you the mk5 datapad which is worth 20 and it has the kryotech shock prod.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Sewpot wrote: »
    I said this about gear salvage a while ago.
    Being a whale myself I put the warnings out people people keep complaining about all this low gear we keep getting from events and such.
    I said to watch out because it goes really fast once you have lots of reliced characters. Then a GL or 2 pop up and makes us have to level those characters up even more and good by “I have a thousand of this gear stop giving it to me!” complaints lol
    Chromium transistors I find become next bottleneck

I still think the low gear they give out in galactic challenges is useless

It’s not significant enough to craft more than 1 scrap
  • I am so sad that this is going to severely slow my jml progress.

0e4wqlextumi.jpg
  • gkfg1c60i1bz.png
    nee1y26aowpv.png
    No problems at all. The trick is to buy all mats with credits every 6 hours, just do this whenever possible and you're fine.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Do you mean the first 3 that show up in shipments?
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    No problems at all. The trick is to buy all mats with credits every 6 hours, just do this whenever possible and you're fine.

How many relic levels do you have currently?

• LordDirt wrote: »
    Anybody coming close to running out of salvage for the Carbonite Circuit Board? The bottom item for Relic toons. Anybody hear of any plans CG has to address this issue?

Why does everyone think CG needs to fix an issue that they Personally have with resource management?

The whole low level salvage part of relics was kind of sold to the players as a bone they were throwing us so we could use worthless extra gear you get during the normal course of play. The expectation being hinted at that we would not have a "resource management" issue with this. The more perceptive amongst us knew this was not going to be true after a certain amount of time had elapsed.........

• I don't currently have any issues but I can see where whales may. It really comes down to whether your burn rate is more than your farm rate. If it is then long term you'll have issues.

A few factors to consider.

1. Before relics, did you still buy the gear for credits when you had a chance and sim challenges everyday. This would make a huge difference on the initial size of the stockpile. I have no sympathy for those that thought the gear wasn't worth 2 seconds of their time and are now complaining.

2.The pieces are available in assualt battles so wise relicing can mitigate this issue and start a supply for more future relics.

3. They are still farmable and available for purchase if you feel the need to relic faster than your stash/income can sustain. This is by design so it isn't going to change.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Do you mean the first 3 that show up in shipments?

4 it is, yes.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Right now i have 12x R7, 20x R5 and 3x R3.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »

So you have a total of 35 relic’ed toons, I’d guess you have 1 GL (or are lacking a lot of great toons), post again about having plenty once you’ve progressed a bit.

I have no lack of scraps right this second myself with 42 relic’ed toons, but I can see problems looming on the horizon.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kisakee wrote: »

lol that’s cute
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »

So you have a total of 35 relic’ed toons, I’d guess you have 1 GL (or are lacking a lot of great toons), post again about having plenty once you’ve progressed a bit.

I have no lack of scraps right this second myself with 42 relic’ed toons, but I can see problems looming on the horizon.

Agreed, with 59 relic’d toon, I still have enough for the time being, but the storm is a brewing on the horizon. Question is, what is the fix?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Agreed, with 59 relic’d toon, I still have enough for the time being, but the storm is a brewing on the horizon. Question is, what is the fix?
    Git gud.

a2bvnacql2ka.jpeg

I have both GLs, and JKL. It definitely will become an issue, but probably not until when (if) I go for SEE.
  • Fix? The same as every other resource in this game: spend energy/time farming it, spend crystals in shipments, spend money in packs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Jppc wrote: »
    If you have 0 relic toons that are necessary for JML this amount (of the photo) doesn’t even cover all the requirements. Just saying...

I don't care about JML and will go for SEE. This is not even close to everything i can get when i start to convert all.

So what number is "plenty"? And how much is "a bit of progress"?
    Ultra wrote: »

lol that’s cute

So what?
    There will always be threads about "I lack X, gimme more" and no matter what you do or try to help someone will always make fun of you and call your progress "to little to be cared about". At least i try to help and spread my experience of what works for me, you guys are not helping at all.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Git gud.

a2bvnacql2ka.jpeg

I have both GLs, and JKL. It definitely will become an issue, but probably not until when (if) I go for SEE.

I haven’t spent since the hyperdrive bundle came out, and am at about $400 in 5 years. Curious on your spending to get to that point, no shade thrown.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    It’s good that you are trying to help but your roster is not at that level where your experience is helpful. You’ll understand it when you get to this point

It’s not a simple “I lack X” resource complaint. It’s “I’m out of everything I collected over 4+ years”

And resource income haven’t increased at all — only increase we got this year was Challenge Tier 3 for Assault Battle and Once a week Galactic Challenges starting last month

So it’ll take another 4 years worth of effort to do what we have done so far

No offense but you are far from experiencing the resource crunch at 35 relic toons
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Jppc wrote: »
    If you have 0 relic toons that are necessary for JML this amount (of the photo) doesn’t even cover all the requirements. Just saying...

I don't care about JML and will go for SEE. This is not even close to everything i can get when i start to convert all.

So what number is "plenty"? And how much is "a bit of progress"?
    Ultra wrote: »

lol that’s cute

So what?
    There will always be threads about "I lack X, gimme more" and no matter what you do or try to help someone will always make fun of you and call your progress "to little to be cared about". At least i try to help and spread my experience of what works for me, you guys are not helping at all.

You can't help people that are not in the same situation as you, if you had more than 50 relic toons and still had that much salvage to craft and relic another 10 to 15 toons then yeah, probably a lot of people would hear you out about how you do manage your resources. Don't get me wrong, for sure you can help people that are in the same boat as you.

But that amount of scraps you have only allows you to relic 5 more toons that aren't relic’ed yet, or to level up some relics that you already have (which in the end still will leave you with 35 relic toons if you only upgrade relics or at 40 relic toons at best).
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Fix? The same as every other resource in this game: spend energy/time farming it, spend crystals in shipments, spend money in packs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can spend 4 days to continuously farm stun gun to craft one for 50 salvage piece

I can spend 4 days to continuously farm 50 salvage of one purple gear to get 2 circuit board

There is a big difference here and I don’t think it’s fair to treat it like any other gear piece

trdr7xwkp0wr.png