Running out of Salvage?

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Fix? The same as every other resource in this game: spend energy/time farming it, spend crystals in shipments, spend money in packs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can spend 4 days to continuously farm stun gun to craft one for 50 salvage piece

I can spend 4 days to continuously farm 50 salvage of one purple gear to get 2 circuit board

There is a big difference here and I don’t think it’s fair to treat it like any other gear piece

trdr7xwkp0wr.png

Don't get me wrong, I agree this is a problem. I am getting painfully close to it as well. I was referring to someone asking what the "fix" was, and I think it's pretty obvious that this is working as CG intended to. That is, it's another resource chokepoint.
  • With over 4 years of playing and a GP of 5.9 mil i'm not in the position to give general advice to someone, got it. I may not have an uber account and i don't spend much if even but the little trick i use can be done from everyone and even if it's not the ultimate solution it helps a bit. So don't tell me i can't say anything.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • @Kisakee while it’s great that you want to help, you are missing the point.
    Those few scraps you can buy from shipment is a very small bucket to fill a very large pool, so your advice on that front is not really that helpful.

Ultra already did a good job outlining the problem, as well as the problem that the scarps can’t be farmed in any reasonable manner.

Each GL require about 1,500-2,000 of the three first scrap types.
    Add in a good extra amount for the toons which you want at relics to support GAC, TB, TW and most accounts will get in trouble. Unless a lot of packs are bought or all crystals from daily top spots in arena are used for relic scraps.

• Jppc wrote: »
    “I don’t care about JML”, so just bc YOU don’t care about one of the new 2 shiny things CG throw on us it isn’t a problem?
    If you can’t see that the problem bc you don’t care about it I am so sorry. You don’t care about SLKR, Rey and JML for what I can see, someone who don’t care about 3/4 strongest characters is a casual player. The problem won’t be so big for casual players

I have a maxed SLKR. And i don't care for Light Side toons in general, no matter how good they are. So am i a bad player when i just focus on other characters that aren't "meta"? No, because i simply upgrade someone else.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    @Kisakee while it’s great that you want to help, you are missing the point.
    Those few scraps you can buy from shipment is a very small bucket to fill a very large pool, so your advice on that front is not really that helpful.

If you do this every day for years it absolutely will make a difference. I started doing it before they even announced that you can soon convert items with massive stock to upgrade materials for relics. Starting with it right now won't do much on instant but at least you can do something. So why not? Yes, people want another solution but as long as there is none it's better than nothing. Just add it to your daily to-do list and make the best out of it.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    There are people who don't buy those four pieces 4x daily?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This may not be the advice that people in this position want to hear. But the salvage is for sale for crystals and in packs. CG never intended for the excess gear to provide an unlimited supply. This is like any other resource. You either are limited by the amount you get through events/farming or you use crystals or $ to get there quicker.

And no I don't need to have a crap ton of R7 characters to see how this was designed to work. They released this salvage knowing that many whales would go through their extra gear quickly and then have to buy the new pieces. It made the community happy at the time ad eventually the paywall hits. Pretty much a normal day for CG minus the making the community temporarily happy. The alternative was to not let you use the old gear. Would that have been better?

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think salvage is a real problem even for players that have been playing for 4+ years

Maybe it has to do with how much people spend? I would think players who spend more would need more salvage, as they are probably relicing more characters. I'm just speaking based on the fact that I, like TVF, have plenty.

But TVF doesn't add a lot of relic levels on his toons

For example, he has a r3 JKL - an average player will add more relic levels on meta toons, so it is an issue for an average player

I always wanted to be above average!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I usually laugh at these threads because I'm a hoarder so it tends to be a "someone else's problem". But I looked and I'm actually tight on Carbonite to relic everyone for old man luke...
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    There are people who don't buy those four pieces 4x daily?
    haven’t you seen how many players are facing relic scrap crunch ITT?
  • I could craft bronzium wiring for the rest of time and not run out but I am so close to being out of Carbonite circuit boards.

pnj6i3p7sxru.jpg
  • It seems the "average player" may be relicing some characters further than needed because they have the material. Now that the salvage is becoming more scarce to them, they may need to decide which characters need the relics the most.

Jkl may be an example. Maybe TFV can beat anything he needs JKL for with R3. Assuming you have a GL for arena and can get through the ls tb with jedi Luke at R3, then there isn't a lot of other benefit other than a GAC counter (which may work fine at R3 or R5 I don't know). And if you are relicing just for GAC, you are getting a poor return on investment. Assuming you are in DIV 1 and can get kyber (which doesn't require a lot of reliced toons or any GLs), you get pretty close to the maximum rewards. Anything above that threshold is simply bragging rights.

And even for TB, an arguement can be made that putting lower relics on multiple teams will give more benefit than R7 on a few meta characters.

And having all 4 GLs may be good for bragging rights but doesn't provide much else. You can crush it in arena with only one. Or run a counter team and still do just fine.

They work in tb but 13 to 15 relics for one tb team is pretty steep for the added rewards.

I generally try to make sure that anything I relic will make a difference in some aspect of the game. I'm going for papa palps because I'm closer and it will cement a good arena ranking for awhile and give me most of an imp trooper team to beat assault battles and ds tb.

I'll probably do jml after that for some better ls teams since my ls needs work. But I will be choosy at first on which toons I do since at that point I won't likely need to worry about arena.

After that. I may go after Rey or Kylo but it's doubtful at that point. Getting jml and papa palps puts you in pretty good shape with both tbs and assuming one of them can solo hstr as well (which is likely since most new characters are better) there really isn't enough benefit to go back and get them. Not enough to be worth relicing 30 characters at least.

• Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Right now i have 12x R7, 20x R5 and 3x R3.

So you have a total of 35 relic’ed toons, I’d guess you have 1 GL (or are lacking a lot of great toons), post again about having plenty once you’ve progressed a bit.

I have no lack of scraps right this second myself with 42 relic’ed toons, but I can see problems looming on the horizon.

Agreed, with 59 relic’d toon, I still have enough for the time being, but the storm is a brewing on the horizon. Question is, what is the fix?
    Git gud.

a2bvnacql2ka.jpeg

I have both GLs, and JKL. It definitely will become an issue, but probably not until when (if) I go for SEE.

I haven’t spent since the hyperdrive bundle came out, and am at about $400 in 5 years. Curious on your spending to get to that point, no shade thrown.
    Patchy £10 here and there, then went crazy to unlock GAS first time round which cost me something like £200-£250. His “early” return annoyed me somewhat, as I’d only just got him to 7*. I’ve spent nothing since, until I unlocked Rey and threw £20 at the Kyro backlog to take her to g13 instantly (had hoarded everything else).

Full disclosure, though: for the last 2.5 years I’ve been taking 1st pretty much daily in squad arena and for the last 1 year been rotating 1&2 in fleet arena. I know that crystal income isn’t something everyone can replicate, often through no fault of their own.
  • Feel like even of someone had 100 R7 toons unless they had both GL as well ,their opinion is worthless, that's what some of the post seem like .
    There is definitely some kind of toon snobbery here .
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Feel like even of someone had 100 R7 toons unless they had both GL as well ,their opinion is worthless, that's what some of the post seem like .
    It’s an issue that becomes more apparent the more toons you have applied relics to.

I personally wouldn’t belittle Kisakee’s roster or his ability to contribute, but to a certain extent, this is similar to when people claim there’s no such thing as the mk8 biotech implant salvage crunch because they still have 1000+ left, but <50 toons above g11.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Feel like even of someone had 100 R7 toons unless they had both GL as well ,their opinion is worthless, that's what some of the post seem like .
    It’s an issue that becomes more apparent the more toons you have applied relics to.

I personally wouldn’t belittle Kisakee’s roster or his ability to contribute, but to a certain extent, this is similar to when people claim there’s no such thing as the mk8 biotech implant salvage crunch because they still have 1000+ left, but <50 toons above g11.

Point has been missed .
    I'm saying that the amount of toons relic'd doesn't matter to sum if you don't have the newest toon ,. I thought the salvage to relic all toons were the same ?
    Those saying if you don't have this or that then you have no clue etc etc, have provided no actual number of toons needed to be relic'd to have a valid opinion , be nice to know at what point peoples opinion becomes worthy .
  • It seems the "average player" may be relicing some characters further than needed because they have the material. Now that the salvage is becoming more scarce to them, they may need to decide which characters need the relics the most.

Jkl may be an example. Maybe TFV can beat anything he needs JKL for with R3. Assuming you have a GL for arena and can get through the ls tb with jedi Luke at R3, then there isn't a lot of other benefit other than a GAC counter (which may work fine at R3 or R5 I don't know). And if you are relicing just for GAC, you are getting a poor return on investment. Assuming you are in DIV 1 and can get kyber (which doesn't require a lot of reliced toons or any GLs), you get pretty close to the maximum rewards. Anything above that threshold is simply bragging rights.

And even for TB, an arguement can be made that putting lower relics on multiple teams will give more benefit than R7 on a few meta characters.

And having all 4 GLs may be good for bragging rights but doesn't provide much else. You can crush it in arena with only one. Or run a counter team and still do just fine.

They work in tb but 13 to 15 relics for one tb team is pretty steep for the added rewards.

I generally try to make sure that anything I relic will make a difference in some aspect of the game. I'm going for papa palps because I'm closer and it will cement a good arena ranking for awhile and give me most of an imp trooper team to beat assault battles and ds tb.

I'll probably do jml after that for some better ls teams since my ls needs work. But I will be choosy at first on which toons I do since at that point I won't likely need to worry about arena.

After that. I may go after Rey or Kylo but it's doubtful at that point. Getting jml and papa palps puts you in pretty good shape with both tbs and assuming one of them can solo hstr as well (which is likely since most new characters are better) there really isn't enough benefit to go back and get them. Not enough to be worth relicing 30 characters at least.

I'm a day 1 f2p with 6.4m gp and 59 toons at relics. I may have put a leash on it and kept at 6.0m gp, but lower than that would be roster stagnation just to not get bottlenecked with these. I'm not bottlenecked yet either, but going there for sure. Naturally you can guess r3 jkls don't cut it at this gp.

pwymzib1jpus.png
    4ule86fcvcln.png
  • Scratch that, I'll do fine. This is what's needed for gl luke+palpy (planning to do both), have rey already. The number is if I sold everything, but by the time it will have replenished quite a bit, so I'll be able to keep a stock of all pieces for a while more. 6+ months.

fyxlapbsoiit.png
    dpqv71ckk3bb.png
  • For one more data point, I have no GLs (but most of JML's requirements), 6.3M GP, 46 relics and Carbonite materials are getting pretty thin.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Treeburner wrote: »
    you're right

we should all congratulate him for solving the relic scrap problem by buying the first 4 gear salvages for credit every 6 hours

Glad someone finally thought of that!

Sarcasm aside, Kisakee wasn't really humble enough to the idea that this is a problem that some players are facing. He just straight up dismissed everyone else with his solution, and after everyone explained why they have a shortage he was still acting ignorant, making comments like "don't go after GLs; problem solved" etc

I don't think people are being hostile towards him, but a lot of players piling up on him to explain why they are having an issue and his situation doesn't correspond is self-inflicted
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Sarcasm aside, Kisakee wasn't really humble enough to the idea that this is a problem that some players are facing. He just straight up dismissed everyone else with his solution, and after everyone explained why they have a shortage he was still acting ignorant, making comments like "don't go after GLs; problem solved" etc

Amazing, everything you just said is wrong. There's so much 'nope' in it..
    People are having a problem - Yes, of course. Otherwise they won't make such threads. Nobody can deny that. I just throw in my personal small "solution" on this, nothing else. And your interpretion of my words as "to not go after GLs" is nothing more than that - an interpretation. And a wrong one too, i never meant or said something like that. In fact i said nothing about such things at all.
    I don't think people are being hostile towards him, but a lot of players piling up on him to explain why they are having an issue and his situation doesn't correspond is self-inflicted

All of them tried to tell me that my "solution" is wrong or at least inadequate and for me some of their wording was very harsh. If you don't like what i have to say just ignore it but telling me i'm wrong when i'm not doesn't help anyone. My method works even if it's only a small percentage in total, nobody can prove me wrong on this.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Jppc wrote: »

Point has been missed .
    I'm saying that the amount of toons relic'd doesn't matter to sum if you don't have the newest toon ,. I thought the salvage to relic all toons were the same ?
    Those saying if you don't have this or that then you have no clue etc etc, have provided no actual number of toons needed to be relic'd to have a valid opinion , be nice to know at what point peoples opinion becomes worthy .

It is not that without GL you don’t have a valid point, but if you have 2 GL you needed to use 1860 carbonite for slkr (don’t counting the carbonite used to r7 slkr) + 1920 carbonite for rey (don’t counting the carbonite used to r7 rey). Probably someone with both GL is chasing one of the new GL, there are more 1800 carbanti (SEE, don’t counting the carbonite the person already put at palpa). Just for GLs are 39 toons, add 5 Characters for 501st, at least GK jka ahsoka and GG for fleets. 48. Wat, b1, Malak. 51. And I did count DR, bastila, padme, etc
    A lot of carbonite, so yeah someone with both GL probably will face a bottleneck before someone without or with only 1.

So the total is around 75+ relics or so ....
    Feel like if you had the same amount of toons relic'd as someone that went for GLs ,you should kinda be in the same position salvage wise , obviously you probably won't have the same fire power but if you both started playing at the same time and had the same amount of relics you should be in a similar salvage position I could be wrong though
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    you're right

we should all congratulate him for solving the relic scrap problem by buying the first 4 gear salvages for credit every 6 hours

Did I mention you in my post or is this one of those if the boot fits situations ;) I'm not here to clear your conscious so you don't have to explain yourself to me .
    @Ultra please use quotation marks for quotes , I don't think I read anything close to "don't go after GLs problem solved " from kisakee but I may have missed something.

DarjeloSalas seems to be doing alright he's got both GLs and JKL and more than enough salvage at this moment. He did say that he might have a problem if he goes for SEE but he could acquire more scrap by then ,so if the metric is GLs and not the amount of total relics you have then the people who only relics toons needed for GLs will be in the best position salvage wise and be in a position to comment.
    you're right

Did I mention you in my post or is this one of those if the boot fits situations ;) I'm not here to clear your conscious so you don't have to explain yourself to me .
    @Ultra please use quotation marks for quotes , I don't think I read anything close to "don't go after GLs problem solved " from kisakee but I may have missed something.

DarjeloSalas seems to be doing alright he's got both GLs and JKL and more than enough salvage at this moment. He did say that he might have a problem if he goes for SEE but he could acquire more scrap by then ,so if the metric is GLs and not the amount of total relics you have then the people who only relics toons needed for GLs will be in the best position salvage wise and be in a position to comment.

He said “don’t care about JML” like if it solved anything (it didn’t)

Also said he was going for SEE in the same sentence far from "don't go for GLs problem solved" . He said that he's going for one himself .
    I don't know how anyone could confuse someone picking which Galactic legend they are going for for don't go for GLs problem solved it's a mad interpretation of you ask me .
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Scratch that, I'll do fine. This is what's needed for gl luke+palpy (planning to do both), have rey already. The number is if I sold everything, but by the time it will have replenished quite a bit, so I'll be able to keep a stock of all pieces for a while more. 6+ months.

fyxlapbsoiit.png
    dpqv71ckk3bb.png

Could you share your swgoh.gg? I could find it, so I could see how many reliced toons you have

I don't share it by principle. Can pm you though. g13 count is at 59 currently as I wrote on the previous post. Seems I'm at an advantegous position about this mat, because I habitually bought the lowbie 4 since the beginning as long as I don't forget (I skip the 6 hour marks and freebies frequently, I'm not THAT hardcore)

I'll get bottlenecked on chromium transistors long before others.

4cjql26lznj3.png
    Jppc wrote: »

Point has been missed .

It is not that without GL you don’t have a valid point, but if you have 2 GL you needed to use 1860 carbonite for slkr (don’t counting the carbonite used to r7 slkr) + 1920 carbonite for rey (don’t counting the carbonite used to r7 rey). Probably someone with both GL is chasing one of the new GL, there are more 1800 carbanti (SEE, don’t counting the carbonite the person already put at palpa). Just for GLs are 39 toons, add 5 Characters for 501st, at least GK jka ahsoka and GG for fleets. 48. Wat, b1, Malak. 51. And I did count DR, bastila, padme, etc
    A lot of carbonite, so yeah someone with both GL probably will face a bottleneck before someone without or with only 1.

So the total is around 75+ relics or so ....
    Feel like if you had the same amount of toons relic'd as someone that went for GLs ,you should kinda be in the same position salvage wise , obviously you probably won't have the same fire power but if you both started playing at the same time and had the same amount of relics you should be in a similar salvage position I could be wrong though

Where did I said only people with GL can say something? I used GL as thermostat, the other guy has “only” 35 reliced less than the 51 or 75+(I don’t know where you find that number but ok). Yes if you have 75+ you probably will face this bottleneck (assuming f2p, p2p can always buy carbonite anytime they want)

When did I accuse you of saying
    " Where did I said only people with GL can say something? "
    Don't think that's in my quote, did I mentioned you by name or quoted you in my post were I said that you said that "only people with GL can say something"
    That whole quote of mine you have mentioned is asking if people with the same number of relics, but one person with GLs and one without would be in a similar salvage position and "Yes if you have 75+ you probably will face this bottleneck " answers my question thanks .

I got to 75 by adding a few missed toons from your 51 , 65 may be more reasonable but at least we got to a number , now knowing said number of relics needed to be in a difficult situation ,we can separate the weak from the strong .
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted