Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

Replies

• We actually have less new characters and ships in 2020 as well (even pro-rated), so CG is failing in producing more content by pretty much any metric you might use.
  • I think we bashed the GC too much that CG just pulled the plug on it, no new content for this ungrateful community, 1 new game mode in a year is too much for them, make it 1 new game mode every 2 years.

It deserved it.

You dont go near 9 months with no content to release that mess.

Make a good release and get praise. Make a release that doesnt live up to the hype you give it and it will get slammed
  • EnderGamer87
    633 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Actually is been like 2 years since we have had any content that is not a re-skin of something already in the game or new characters.
  • I've played the game since near launch. Lack of content is so bad that lately I've been driven to posting on the forums.
  • Disclaimer: I did Ctrl+f first.

August.

3196.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=8ee3579511571292440ab7b5afbfcb92
  • I know that Galactic Challenges are supposed to give more to do, but as of right now, there needs to be more to do for a daily event than something you can instantly sim. There are no TWs or TBs right now and no GAC, so why is there nothing to do on days like this besides 5 mins of daily activities and an arena climb?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    I've played the game since near launch. Lack of content is so bad that lately I've been driven to posting on the forums.

Same

And I’ve been on this forums for 4 years now
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    DerKaisert wrote: »
    Dude.. we got 2 forumposts on one day!!! What more do you want :D

Forum posts are not new content. Just sayin.

for us it isnt, but for CG thats like 7 months worth of work

The GAC/Nighsisters post is real purdy.

I'm going to have to agree. It actually made my day to see that post.
  • Why are you complaining.. there is a lot of new content...
    4 new mega packs ..
    Don't think there will be anything else ...
    It has become a cash machine and nothing else..
    There is even less event in order for player to only gear up through packs ....
    Totally disgusted after 4 years in this game to see what it has become..
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    Why are you complaining.. there is a lot of new content...
    4 new mega packs ..

If it took you 4 years to realize it, you haven't been paying attention.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    4 new mega packs ..

It has nothing to do with it was ...
    You could compete for event even undergrades..
    A G10 team could counter a G12 team ..
    While now, A G12 team worth nothing against relics ...
    They were some competition and thinking while now, only relics counts ... P2W
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    4 new mega packs ..

It has nothing to do with it was ...
    You could compete for event even undergrades..
    A G10 team could counter a G12 team ..
    While now, A G12 team worth nothing against relics ...
    They were some competition and thinking while now, only relics counts ... P2W

A lot of problems with this post ...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I've played the game since near launch. Lack of content is so bad that lately I've been driven to posting on the forums.

Same

And I’ve been on this forums for 4 years now

Same. I think I'll take up knitting too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I got my JKL up to r7 and all he gets to do is beat up 1 team in TW :cry: Our guild is running pit for the hyperdrive bundle quest and the rancor first place achievement for those that need them. Watching r7s murder it is amusing, actually.
  • I got my JKL up to r7 and all he gets to do is beat up 1 team in TW :cry: Our guild is running pit for the hyperdrive bundle quest and the rancor first place achievement for those that need them. Watching r7s murder it is amusing, actually.

You can put him on defense with relic Old Ben, Zarris, Hoda and Shaak Ti and he'll fight more than 1 team. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    I got my JKL up to r7 and all he gets to do is beat up 1 team in TW :cry: Our guild is running pit for the hyperdrive bundle quest and the rancor first place achievement for those that need them. Watching r7s murder it is amusing, actually.

You can put him on defense with relic Old Ben, Zarris, Hoda and Shaak Ti and he'll fight more than 1 team. ;)

I should specify then I want to use him myself, not watch his little profile circle gather corpses :joy::tongue:
    I got my JKL up to r7 and all he gets to do is beat up 1 team in TW :cry: Our guild is running pit for the hyperdrive bundle quest and the rancor first place achievement for those that need them. Watching r7s murder it is amusing, actually.

I should specify then I want to use him myself, not watch his little profile circle gather corpses :joy::tongue:

For GAC, you also get the animation change from a healthy looking JKL to an injured one.

For GAC, you also get the animation change from a healthy looking JKL to an injured one.

NEW CONTENT!!!

• I like how this thread went nowhere, because at this point the lack of new stuff is pretty much indefensible and no one took the troll bait.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    I like how this thread went nowhere, because at this point the lack of new stuff is pretty much indefensible and no one took the troll bait.

I think you mean the lack of new stuff is indisputable.

• Jpfit262 wrote: »
    We are now in month 9, almost month 10. The events screen is more bare than the toilet paper isles across America (maybe rest of the world too?). The calendar for the rest of this month is pretty uneventful (pun intended). We haven't heard a peep about GC's since the first round of testing and then after they changed it for resistance and FO. Still not swimming in content, really haven't been anymore new characters than usual (even though this doesn't count as content). Soooooo when can we start complaining about there not being new content yet? We were told at 3 months it was too early, 6 months we were told the system was getting upgraded (which is did), and now we are at 9 almost 10 months and still nada?

You're toilet paper comparison alone brightened my day thank you! 😂
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »
    I like how this thread went nowhere, because at this point the lack of new stuff is pretty much indefensible and no one took the troll bait.

That too. But it's also indefensible by even the most hardcore CG apologist.
  • This hasn’t gotten deleted.. and no one has defended Cg yet... I think Im more annoyed now than I was before.
  • BeralCator wrote: »

Indefensible = cannot be defended = cannot be justified. Don’t want to put words in your mouth but your phrasing says the opposite of what you want to say (I think). You want to say the stance that there IS a lot of new stuff is indefensible rather than saying the lack of new stuff is indefensible.
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »

Indefensible = cannot be defended = cannot be justified. Don’t want to put words in your mouth but your phrasing says the opposite of what you want to say (I think). You want to say the stance that there IS a lot of new stuff is indefensible rather than saying the lack of new stuff is indefensible.

You are correct, that was clunky phrasing. Arguing that there has been "oceans of content in 2020" by any metric is an indefensible position. The lack of new stuff is indisputable. Me fail English? That's unpossible...
  • Why? We got content.

It's homeopathic content. The less of it there is, the better.