implement ties at raids

i mean, it's just unfair that you beat the raid first than anyone yet others player in your guild with the same score as you, are placed higher that you when finished first or with the same score, players with the same score should be set tied and recieve the same rewards, just sayin.

Replies

• If you suggest dividing the rewards evenly among players who tie then it could work. However, I don't really see the need for it. The ranking order is random in case of ties. Sometimes you rank high - some times you don't. The more raids you do where you tie the more it will even out.

If you suggest that all players who tie for rank 1 should have rank 1 rewards, then: No thanx. The guild accomplishes the exact same thing no matter how many points each individual member scores: They beat the raid and kill the Rancor/tank/triumvirate - no more, no less. The guild shouldn't be awarded more rewards just because many players tie (or solo the raid).
  • Waqui wrote: »
    If you suggest dividing the rewards evenly among players who tie then it could work. However, I don't really see the need for it. The ranking order is random in case of ties. Sometimes you rank high - some times y
    There are guilds where the 'perfect' HSR solo (killing DN-Sion without hitting the 5% threshold) won't guarantee a top 15 rank. I definitely see a need for handling ties.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    If you suggest dividing the rewards evenly among players who tie then it could work. However, I don't really see the need for it. The ranking order is random in case of ties. Sometimes you rank high - some times y
    There are guilds where the 'perfect' HSR solo (killing DN-Sion without hitting the 5% threshold) won't guarantee a top 15 rank. I definitely see a need for handling ties.

I don't see it. Instead of considering one single raid try considering a large number of raids (we raid twice a week after all). Since the order is random in case of ties the total amount of rewards each of those 15+ players wins will even out when you consider a large number of raids. Sometimes you get top ranks - sometimes you get low ranks. It all evens out.

If you suggest dividing the rewards evenly among players who tie then it could work. However, I don't really see the need for it. The ranking order is random in case of ties. Sometimes you rank high - some times you don't. The more raids you do where you tie the more it will even out.

If you suggest that all players who tie for rank 1 should have rank 1 rewards, then: No thanx. The guild accomplishes the exact same thing no matter how many points each individual member scores: They beat the raid and kill the Rancor/tank/triumvirate - no more, no less. The guild shouldn't be awarded more rewards just because many players tie (or solo the raid).

so, for example if i invested lot of time and effort to unlock and gear up my toons to solo hstr or the haat raid why should not i get the best rewards what is the point if all the effort doesn't worth it?, everybody should get the same rank rewards in case of tie without dividing it
    If you suggest dividing the rewards evenly among players who tie then it could work. However, I don't really see the need for it. The ranking order is random in case of ties. Sometimes you rank high - some times you don't. The more raids you do where you tie the more it will even out.

so, for example if i invested lot of time and effort to unlock and gear up my toons to solo hstr or the haat raid why should not i get the best rewards what is the point if all the effort doesn't worth it?, everybody should get the same rank rewards in case of tie without dividing it
    That’s unworkable, sadly.

Sooner or later 30,40 even all 50 guild members will own SLKR and can all solo the HSTR. There is absolutely zero chance the devs will fix it so that everyone who solos gets the 1st place rewards.

Focus your energy on something else - your wish here will never be granted.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Again:
    The guild accomplishes the exact same thing no matter how many points each individual member scores: They beat the raid and kill the Rancor/tank/triumvirate - no more, no less. The guild shouldn't be awarded more rewards just because many players tie (or solo the raid).

Again:
    The guild accomplishes the exact same thing no matter how many points each individual member scores: They beat the raid and kill the Rancor/tank/triumvirate - no more, no less. The guild shouldn't be awarded more rewards just because many players tie (or solo the raid).

yo don't seem to understand you are not rewarding everybody just giving everyone what they deserve

Sooner or later 30,40 even all 50 guild members will own SLKR and can all solo the HSTR. There is absolutely zero chance the devs will fix it so that everyone who solos gets the 1st place rewards.

yes that was my point, what happens if everybody in a guild can solo a raid on his own, nobody is going to receive the same rewards and people will stop caring about the raids because they are not rewarded as they deserve and the game will slowly start to die

yes that was my point, what happens if everybody in a guild can solo a raid on his own, nobody is going to receive the same rewards and people will stop caring about the raids because they are not rewarded as they deserve and the game will slowly start to die
    Hah!

The game’s been dying for nearly 5 years now, if you judge by forum posts.

This has already happened with one raid which is now simmable. And the same goes for the Tank, which surely will be simmable soon.

You’re missing my point though. If everyone in a guild can solo a raid, then over time everyone will get broadly the same rewards due to the RNG of placement. I’ll say it again- expecting the devs to allow first place rewards to be handed out to even 2 people, never mind 50, is wasted energy. They’re not going to do it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Again:

yo don't seem to understand you are not rewarding everybody just giving everyone what they deserve

Call it whatever you want. Still:

Hah!

The game’s been dying for nearly 5 years now, if you judge by forum posts.

This has already happened with one raid which is now simmable. And the same goes for the Tank, which surely will be simmable soon.

You’re missing my point though. If everyone in a guild can solo a raid, then over time everyone will get broadly the same rewards due to the RNG of placement. I’ll say it again- expecting the devs to allow first place rewards to be handed out to even 2 people, never mind 50, is wasted energy. They’re not going to do it.

which raid is simmable?
  • The pit raid