Your TM fix broke the game.

Replies

• Speaking of placement...Chewpio and Chewie placement and guard..another issue right there
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Merailla wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »
    @Merailla if you want to stop this from happening then place Daka in the second slot . That way she will gain TM after loosing 30% to GG if he kills a NS with his AOE

I know this..but this is just sad, that such an important thing is dependant on team placement..before the TM change, you wanted zombie on 2nd for that tenacity down, now you have to sacrifice it..

It never happened to me before the TM change (or I did not notice it),but my first 2 fights vs GG after the change were complete disaster so I changed the placement..

If you feel like having zombie place tenacity down is more important that's on you , but nothing has changed in regards to the team , it's working the same as before .
    daka would always loose TM if placed in the last slot .
    Before the changed if daka was in the last slot she would finish the situation with 70% TM after the TM change she finishes with 70% TM .

So to sum up nothing has changed in regards to TM ............ next please
  • Merailla wrote: »
    Speaking of placement...Chewpio and Chewie placement and guard..another issue right there

What does this have to do with the TM changes, please make a separate thread for separate complaints about mechanics you might not understand.
  • just checking back to see if OP has offered any actual examples yet. Oh. Well, guess I'll check back later
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Speaking of placement...Chewpio and Chewie placement and guard..another issue right there

What does this have to do with the TM changes, please make a separate thread for separate complaints about mechanics you might not understand.

I understand the mechanics, no worries..
    @Merailla if you want to stop this from happening then place Daka in the second slot . That way she will gain TM after loosing 30% to GG if he kills a NS with his AOE

I know this..but this is just sad, that such an important thing is dependant on team placement..before the TM change, you wanted zombie on 2nd for that tenacity down, now you have to sacrifice it..

It never happened to me before the TM change (or I did not notice it),but my first 2 fights vs GG after the change were complete disaster so I changed the placement..

If you feel like having zombie place tenacity down is more important that's on you , but nothing has changed in regards to the team , it's working the same as before .
    Before the changed if daka was in the last slot she would finish the situation with 70% TM after the TM change she finishes with 70% TM .

You're funny

You're funny

It's hard work being informative and funny I'm glad it's paying off, thanks .

You're funny

Never said anything about you being informative

You're funny

Never said anything about you being informative
    What was uninformative about explaining exactly what is happening, and how it has nothing to do with the TM change?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's stay on topic please.
  • Oh yay, there is ignore option
  • Yes, some match-ups have changed due to this TM Overflow thing.

Yes, in some situations it can be totally unfair compared to how it was before.

However, it wasn't that great when a bunch of TM Coin Tosses determined who wins a match.

Can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Yes, some match-ups have changed due to this TM Overflow thing.

Yes, in some situations it can be totally unfair compared to how it was before.

Can you give details on any unfair situation that now arise from this change?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    It's not unfair, just different.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It's only unfair if you were banking on the "multiple @ 100% RNG" to be in your favour to win. Which requires zero strategy and just pure luck.

At least now it's more predictable and you can plan outcomes in advance to a degree.

IT vs NS is less of an RNG fest where essentially both entire teams would reach 100% TM at the same time. The overages earned by IT and in particular Snowtrooper are higher than everyone but Daka on the other side now.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    If you knock someone other than Anakin below 50% health or kill them on a Padme team, Anakin gets a bonus turn, even during Vader’s Merciless Massacre.

Before Overflow, it was a coin flip as to whether Anakin or Vader went next. With the TM overflow changes, since Vader usually has 0-20% TM before MM gives him a bonus turn, Anakin will generally have enough TM Overflow to use his bonus turn before Vader. Then his zeta grants Padme a bonus turn, with her own overflow often letting her take that turn before Vader. Then Vader, if still alive, should resume his Massacre chain until Anakin’s bonus turn is triggered again.

WAI. I know there’s that bit in Merciless Massacre’s description about Vader’s bonus turns not triggering other bonus turns/TM gain, but it seems like that’s relating to Vader actually GAINING the bonus turn, not the ability he uses with it. You can find other examples (ie Malak getting a Jaws of Life bonus turn mid-Massacre) of this behavior. That might be a bug, or might not, but if it is it’s a problem with Vader and not with TM Overflow.

In the meantime, just kill Anakin first.

As for NS, I’m not sure what would affect them here. I would think the overflow would help them more, as Daka’s 50% TM on an ally’s death will let her revive them sooner.

I find the easiest way is to just use ep lead and leave wat out if against a padme team. That makes vader not knock anyone too low on his basic. Then you can build enough debuffs to be sure to kill anakin with the saber throw.
    If you knock someone other than Anakin below 50% health or kill them on a Padme team, Anakin gets a bonus turn, even during Vader’s Merciless Massacre.

Before Overflow, it was a coin flip as to whether Anakin or Vader went next. With the TM overflow changes, since Vader usually has 0-20% TM before MM gives him a bonus turn, Anakin will generally have enough TM Overflow to use his bonus turn before Vader. Then his zeta grants Padme a bonus turn, with her own overflow often letting her take that turn before Vader. Then Vader, if still alive, should resume his Massacre chain until Anakin’s bonus turn is triggered again.

WAI. I know there’s that bit in Merciless Massacre’s description about Vader’s bonus turns not triggering other bonus turns/TM gain, but it seems like that’s relating to Vader actually GAINING the bonus turn, not the ability he uses with it. You can find other examples (ie Malak getting a Jaws of Life bonus turn mid-Massacre) of this behavior. That might be a bug, or might not, but if it is it’s a problem with Vader and not with TM Overflow.

As for NS, I’m not sure what would affect them here. I would think the overflow would help them more, as Daka’s 50% TM on an ally’s death will let her revive them sooner.

I find the easiest way is to just use ep lead and leave wat out if against a padme team. That makes vader not knock anyone too low on his basic. Then you can build enough debuffs to be sure to kill anakin with the saber throw.

Yeah, Vader doesn’t need Wat to kill a Padme team. You just need Palp lead and some form of Buff Immunity (TIE Pilot/IPD) with a tank if you want to be safe.
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Yeah, Vader doesn’t need Wat to kill a Padme team. You just need Palp lead and some form of Buff Immunity (TIE Pilot/IPD) with a tank if you want to be safe.

Yeah my experience is that if you use wat, he basics someone too hard and it all falls apart. I had that issue when I saw a padme team in arena and used my Rey counter team out of habit.

But ep lead with no wat handles it easily.
  • So, does anyone else feel that this change is related to the new Galactic Legends?

Like one of the two will make use of turn meter control, so this change was made ahead of time due to issues discovered during testing?

I really don’t see any other reason for the timing of this, I never even saw this as something on the radar as needing to be fixed.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's only unfair if you were banking on the "multiple @ 100% RNG" to be in your favour to win. Which requires zero strategy and just pure luck.

At least now it's more predictable and you can plan outcomes in advance to a degree.

IT vs NS is less of an RNG fest where essentially both entire teams would reach 100% TM at the same time. The overages earned by IT and in particular Snowtrooper are higher than everyone but Daka on the other side now.

Prove it
  • everyone wants me to document, well, I assume the same. Prove it to me
  • coin flip indeed
  • This should be a curious position

wrong!

let's talk Night Sisters for a minute
  • @Kyno there’s no reason for this to remain open.
  • Exactly
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    You would not answer what you ask from me
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    how could that possibly be worth keeping it open
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    so very funny...how is that even a way to settle a "better way" or an "I don't like coin flips" yet shut me down. That's the wrong way to go about this, especially if it is
    what you claim it to be. You have an opportunity to show what it's worth. Instead of me making a stink about what it's not