36526 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.

It certainly is fine for TB, I'm in a 308m guild that got 22 stars last TB and my r3 JKL did a 16/16.

Same goes for old competitive arena, where the r3 JKL on my Rey team holds in the 20-40 range most days.

Cool, so your presentation of good enough is your surely r7 rey+r3 jkls (which is not even necessary for the team or is the meta by himself) holding in 20-40 range. Gotcha.

Um, ok. If you want to make a weird point about that and ignore, TB, that's fine. But if your R7 JKL is holding better in arena you're not in a competitive shard, just an old one.

Jkl is not arena meta, it's just one of the options that can go into the meta. So why is your rey r7 btw? Getting the best toons avaliable to us to their best performance is common sense and what majority does given that toon benefits from it.

Let's drop the off topic unless you will tie it to relic mats in some way. I doubt having the few best of best at high relics is what's bottlenecking anyone for relic mats.

You are the one who said an r3 JKL is not relevant for competitive players. You are wrong.

It ties to bottlenecking of relic mats because I have less of a bottleneck by being competitive with less relics.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.

Ok but if you r7 the 501st team for example, and r8 comes out a year from now, and you need to r8 a new team that isn't in the game right now, you aren't any closer than someone that didn't r7 them.

In fact, if the other player saved the signal data and salvage needed for relics, they will push the new team to r7 faster than you would.

If you get more rewards from an r7 501st then of course it's worth it. But if you can get kyber in GAC div 1 without r7 on that team and either have other teams intb that can beat the missions or can do it at less than r7, there really is no point in taking them that high.

The relic materials are better used on other toons or saved at that point

I didn't ever say r7 whole teams, dunno why the discussion sank to that. Mine isn't r7 besides echo and gas either. r7 is an extremity, I only have 10 of these. I try to manage my relic levels within the norms of my gac pools as well.

My emphasis was; there will probably be more to relic levels than a few more multiplier tiers and say thrawn gets this awesome ability that can be unlocked once r10ed. This type of progression will make everyone reiterate how managable it is by today's standards. But then as @Ultra said, it's entirely possible the solution will come along with the problem.

It certainly is fine for TB, I'm in a 308m guild that got 22 stars last TB and my r3 JKL did a 16/16.

Same goes for old competitive arena, where the r3 JKL on my Rey team holds in the 20-40 range most days.

Cool, so your presentation of good enough is your surely r7 rey+r3 jkls (which is not even necessary for the team or is the meta by himself) holding in 20-40 range. Gotcha.

Um, ok. If you want to make a weird point about that and ignore, TB, that's fine. But if your R7 JKL is holding better in arena you're not in a competitive shard, just an old one.

Jkl is not arena meta, it's just one of the options that can go into the meta. So why is your rey r7 btw? Getting the best toons avaliable to us to their best performance is common sense and what majority does given that toon benefits from it.

Let's drop the off topic unless you will tie it to relic mats in some way. I doubt having the few best of best at high relics is what's bottlenecking anyone for relic mats.

So if you run kylo in arena but have jkl that can 16/16 tb at R3, do you need to take him to r7 because he's good and everyone else does.

I would say no.

So if you run kylo in arena but have jkl that can 16/16 tb at R3, do you need to take him to r7 because he's good and everyone else does.

I would say no.

Some people take him to R7 because that's what's needed for JML. Great, now I'll probably get a warning for posting off topic.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Ok but if you r7 the 501st team for example, and r8 comes out a year from now, and you need to r8 a new team that isn't in the game right now, you aren't any closer than someone that didn't r7 them.

In fact, if the other player saved the signal data and salvage needed for relics, they will push the new team to r7 faster than you would.

If you get more rewards from an r7 501st then of course it's worth it. But if you can get kyber in GAC div 1 without r7 on that team and either have other teams intb that can beat the missions or can do it at less than r7, there really is no point in taking them that high.

I didn't ever say r7 whole teams, dunno why the discussion sank to that. Mine isn't r7 besides echo and gas either. r7 is an extremity, I only have 10 of these. I try to manage my relic levels within the norms of my gac pools as well.

My emphasis was; there will probably be more to relic levels than a few more multiplier tiers and say thrawn gets this awesome ability that can be unlocked once r10ed. This type of progression will make everyone reiterate how managable it is by today's standards. But then as @Ultra said, it's entirely possible the solution will come along with the problem.

I used a whole team as an example but lets use a single character. Thrawn right now works pretty much the same for most things at r2 as he does at r6. Basically you need him fast enough to fracture and that's pretty much it.

Added relics add some durability but not much else. Of course if you're going for papa palps you need r6.

But let's say you're right and they give thrawn a r10 new ability. Are you suggesting that everyone should r7 thrawn just in case?

I am arguing that no they shouldn't. If you are going for papa palps you should r6 him because it's required. If not, then you should relic him to the extent needed to beat any empire over that you intend to use thrawn for. Which in my opinion is lower relics.

If you are truly worried about added relics, the best course is to be really stingy with them and have a pile of relic material.

I used a whole team as an example but lets use a single character. Thrawn right now works pretty much the same for most things at r2 as he does at r6. Basically you need him fast enough to fracture and that's pretty much it.

Added relics add some durability but not much else. Of course if you're going for papa palps you need r6.

But let's say you're right and they give thrawn a r10 new ability. Are you suggesting that everyone should r7 thrawn just in case?

I am arguing that no they shouldn't. If you are going for papa palps you should r6 him because it's required. If not, then you should relic him to the extent needed to beat any empire over that you intend to use thrawn for. Which in my opinion is lower relics.

If you are truly worried about added relics, the best course is to be really stingy with them and have a pile of relic material.

For the last time...I didn't say or imply you should r7 or high relicing too many toons (what this means changes depending on gp&competition at that gp). On the contrary regardless of where they are in the game, all competetive players should manage the relic levels and put them where it matter most.

I'm talking about the possible paths we are going towards. Some of these are evident by our rosters as is, like I'll be hitting a chromium bottleneck after luke&palpy is done...and just found out I won't have that bottleneck by the guild shop trick. Rest of it will emerge once CG ups the ante by one more level of relic creep and will start enveloping who feel safe right now.

For the last time...I didn't say or imply you should r7 or high relicing too many toons (what this means changes depending on gp&competition at that gp). On the contrary regardless of where they are in the game, all competetive players should manage the relic levels and put them where it matter most.

I'm talking about the possible paths we are going towards. Some of these are evident by our rosters as is, like I'll be hitting a chromium bottleneck after luke&palpy is done...and just found out I won't have that bottleneck by the guild shop trick. Rest of it will emerge once CG ups the ante by one more level of relic creep and will start enveloping who feel safe right now.

Ok. I thought it was you that mentioned that certain toons were needed at r7 in when TVF mentioned his jkl was only r3. But I don't care enough to scroll back to look.

Ok. I thought it was you that mentioned that certain toons were needed at r7 in when TVF mentioned his jkl was only r3. But I don't care enough to scroll back to look.

Needed no, better yes. It's absolutely worth it to go the extra mile for jkl, one of the few toons that deserves it at this time depending on your competetive level.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Needed no, better yes. It's absolutely worth it to go the extra mile for jkl, one of the few toons that deserves it at this time depending on your competetive level.

For TW/GA, maybe.

Not for arena or TB. R3 is fine at all levels.
  • TVF wrote: »

For TW/GA, maybe.

I think this is it. If you aren't trying to use JKL for the SLK counter, I don't see why you would bother running him all the way to r7 before being ready to push the button on JML.

For TW/GA, maybe.

I think this is it. If you aren't trying to use JKL for the SLK counter, I don't see why you would bother running him all the way to r7 before being ready to push the button on JML.

Besides running for jml demands it, I'd do it anyway...since it's worth it. I counter 2 gls per tw without fail and like keeping more than one option for gac.

For TW/GA, maybe.

Besides running for jml demands it, I'd do it anyway...since it's worth it. I counter 2 gls per tw without fail and like keeping more than one option for gac.

I agree. If you need a GL counter, you need him r7. That's why mine is r7.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2020

For TW/GA, maybe.

I agree. If you need a GL counter, you need him r7. That's why mine is r7.

Not to derail - what GL can he counter and with what team? PMs welcome. Asking for a friend
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Once again. I disagree on that as a blanket statement. If you are using him in arena then it may hold better and save you some Crystal's. So yes it may be worth it.

If you are going for jml, the definitely. But as TVF put, he does fine in pve content at relic 3.

And gac and tw are not enough reason to gear toons if there isn't a benefit elsewhere since matchmaking is already corrected for your amount of gear. And it definitely isn't needed if you use him on offense for a GL counter and he works at R3 for that.

You think it is worth it because you like the character. That's fine. But I think any high relics that don't lead to higher rewards will contribute to to the relic crunch no matter how good the character is.

Once again. I disagree on that as a blanket statement. If you are using him in arena then it may hold better and save you some Crystal's. So yes it may be worth it.

If you are going for jml, the definitely. But as TVF put, he does fine in pve content at relic 3.

And gac and tw are not enough reason to gear toons if there isn't a benefit elsewhere since matchmaking is already corrected for your amount of gear. And it definitely isn't needed if you use him on offense for a GL counter and he works at R3 for that.

You think it is worth it because you like the character. That's fine. But I think any high relics that don't lead to higher rewards will contribute to to the relic crunch no matter how good the character is.

Tvf to noone's surprise is not at the high end. He kept a low top x at a gp closer to yours than it's to mine. I didn't make a blanket statement. See how we launched onto this off topic initially.
    I'm a day 1 f2p with 6.4m gp and 59 toons at relics. I may have put a leash on it and kept at 6.0m gp, but lower than that would be roster stagnation just to not get bottlenecked with these. I'm not bottlenecked yet either, but going there for sure. Naturally you can guess r3 jkls don't cut it at this gp.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Tvf to noone's surprise is not at the high end. He kept a low top x at a gp closer to yours than it's to mine. I didn't make a blanket statement. See how we launched onto this off topic initially.
    I'm a day 1 f2p with 6.4m gp and 59 toons at relics. I may have put a leash on it and kept at 6.0m gp, but lower than that would be roster stagnation just to not get bottlenecked with these. I'm not bottlenecked yet either, but going there for sure. Naturally you can guess r3 jkls don't cut it at this gp.

What's your guild GP, how many stars do you get in LSTB, and how many waves do you complete?

You keep saying i'm not at the high end, and that's true in GAC, but not true in LSTB, and you're continued cherry picking weakens your argument significantly.

If you could just admit that your blanket statement about an R3 JKL was wrong, we can move on.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited September 2020

What's your guild GP, how many stars do you get in LSTB, and how many waves do you complete?

You keep saying i'm not at the high end, and that's true in GAC, but not true in LSTB, and you're continued cherry picking weakens your argument significantly.

If you could just admit that your blanket statement about an R3 JKL was wrong, we can move on.

I don't care about your off topic, responded enough times. If you check my last response on it, I explain in context it's not blanket: the context is me, I even put the initial quote in bold for easy comprehension. Guild is 320m+ ;).
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I don't care about your off topic, responded enough times. If you check my last response on it, I explain in context it's not blanket: the context is me, I even put the initial quote in bold for easy comprehension. Guild is 320m+ ;).

For the last time it's not off topic, it's 100% relevant to the usage of relic salvage.

You're still wrong about TB but since you can't admit it, we can move on.

For the last time it's not off topic, it's 100% relevant to the usage of relic salvage.

You're still wrong about TB but since you can't admit it, we can move on.

I'm right about gac/tw and that's enough, never went into specifics or said anything about tb, did I? The topic wasn't if your jkl was good enough for your usage. How you cherry picked one line out of my wider discourse on the topic is irrelevant. I was specific enough to say "at this gp"=my gp=6.4m=2.1m MM gp from getgo. It's cute your main interest is in getting approval for your choice on jkl and you willingly skip anything else that's said.

People are not running out of salvages because they high relic the very best of the best. This is the only thing relevant to the topic.