! quitting the battle makes no sense !

Azhureus
10 posts Member
edited September 2020
So I was batteling in Grand Arena, I quit from that battle. When I got back, my team was gone, couldnt use it anymore, but enemy team had full healt with all characters. That enemy team should stay with same health and defeted characters as it was when I quit from the fight, not refreshing all enemy team to full health with all characters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean yes, dont let me use my team anymore, but enemy team characters should stay dead and with health left from last battle.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Just let the battle time out next time. There is a strategic use for quitting if you make a mistake and don’t want to face that team with loaded TM. Other times, if you take out a key toon (i.e. Daka) but things go sideways just let the timer run out and you can go back in with the same circumstances.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    If you wanted them to keep the health, why didn't you just take a defeat?

Retreating is a great option because if things go so bad that you don't kill a single enemy, you can try again without them having preloaded turn meter.
  • Personally I don't like this quiting battle strategy. I think it's a cowardly move (not saying the one who do this is a coward just it's a cowardly move) that should not be permitted.People should take responsibility for their own actions/ battles/ choices, not quit the battle. If you lose- do it with dignity!
  • avihas wrote: »
    Personally I don't like this quiting battle strategy. I think it's a cowardly move (not saying the one who do this is a coward just it's a cowardly move) that should not be permitted.People should take responsibility for their own actions/ battles/ choices, not quit the battle. If you lose- do it with dignity!

Previously it worked like that, but the work around for it was force closing the app. So they made it into an official thing.
  • avihas wrote: »
    Personally I don't like this quiting battle strategy. I think it's a cowardly move (not saying the one who do this is a coward just it's a cowardly move) that should not be permitted.People should take responsibility for their own actions/ battles/ choices, not quit the battle. If you lose- do it with dignity!

I find dignity in being smart
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »

Previously it worked like that, but the work around for it was force closing the app. So they made it into an official thing.

In soccer (which btw I'm not so much a fan of) there is a thing called "advantage rule"- if a player commite a foul against one of the rival teams, the referee may refrain from stoping the game and calling for a foul (and free kick) if the very stop of the game will be an improvement for the team that commite the foul (the referee may called for a foul after the attack [and the advantage] is over). The point is those who commite the foul should not benefit from it.

So with the same logic in mind, I don't think using cowardly/fishy moves should give any benefit to the one who made it
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't care about analogies, this is neither soccer or sports. It's a mobile game.

I'm fine with how this works right now though. One can both keep the state of the match by letting timer run out or fully drop it losing what's played in it. It gives wiggle room.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    You do take responsibility for it as soon as you enter the match--you lose 20 banners. That's advantage enough to the other player--it could cost the whole round.
  • I'll take "Bad Forum Analogies...Again" for $1,000, Alex.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I remember my first gac
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

In soccer (which btw I'm not so much a fan of) there is a thing called "advantage rule"- if a player commite a foul against one of the rival teams, the referee may refrain from stoping the game and calling for a foul (and free kick) if the very stop of the game will be an improvement for the team that commite the foul (the referee may called for a foul after the attack [and the advantage] is over). The point is those who commite the foul should not benefit from it.

So with the same logic in mind, I don't think using cowardly/fishy moves should give any benefit to the one who made it

Players, who quit the battle don't benefit from the battle. They can't use their team again and they lose the bonus banners for winning 1st/2nd attempt.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Players, who quit the battle don't benefit from the battle. They can't use their team again and they lose the bonus banners for winning 1st/2nd attempt.

If players wouldn't benefit from quiting the battles- they wouldn't do it.
    They do it because They rather have a fresh start than loading TM
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

If players wouldn't benefit from quiting the battles- they wouldn't do it.
    They do it because They rather have a fresh start than loading TM

They benefit from quitting, yes, but still lose banners for their mistake(s). (which makes your analogy to soccer nonsense)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'll take "Bad Forum Analogies...Again" for $1,000, Alex.

Don't forget "Forum Horses Beaten....Again" for $1000
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH