Emperor Palpatine Rework??

Prev1
Anyone else notice EPs new artwork? Perhaps CG is cooking up another zeta for him like they did with Vader?xiyhgu80kpw5.jpg

Replies

• Ultra
    11451 posts Moderator
    probably
  • :hesright:
  • There is an EP sith team at the top of my shard and so I tried it out, unfortunately there are no graphics changes to any of his abilities, I was kinda hoping for that...

But he still looks sick, I hope he gets a new zeta or something for some pure domination but would he really need it? I thought he is fairly viable as he is right now.
  • Got an update of the game in ios store, got the same artwork now
  • New zeta - Senator without fear

makes EP immune to Malaak TM gain prevention.

Palpatine should retake his rightful throne.

Lmao omg this profile pic is epic
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    :hesright:

Lmao omg this profile pic is epic

This!
  • i could see palp getting a fracture like ability, where he locks a person down with force lighting until X turns pass, or if he takes damage X times, during the ability the inflicted target takes damage during each of palps and/or that characters turn, but both of thier turns are "skipped" still (to make it a bit different).

i think of it like when he zapped luke in EP6. luke/palp couldn't do anything during the attack and someone else needed to intervene to help luke.

[example of a damage X time ability] lets say its Palp vs Luke and R2. Palp takes the first move and "fractures" Luke. Luke's turn happens next but since he is "fractured" he skips the turn and takes damage. next R2 goes and hits palp removing 1 of 2 stacks from Palp (random number). next Palp goes again but since he is using this ability his turn is skipped and Luke takes damage again. then its Luke's turn again but since he is still in "fracture" his turn is skipped and takes more damage. R2 goes next and attacks Palp removing the last stack and ends his channel ability. next Palp goes and does a normal attack on one of them. now its Luke's turn and since hes no longer "fractured" can go and attack Palp.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    i could see palp getting a fracture like ability, where he locks a person down with force lighting until X turns pass, or if he takes damage X times, during the ability the inflicted target takes damage during each of palps and/or that characters turn, but both of thier turns are "skipped" still (to make it a bit different).

i think of it like when he zapped luke in EP6. luke/palp couldn't do anything during the attack and someone else needed to intervene to help luke.

[example of a damage X time ability] lets say its Palp vs Luke and R2. Palp takes the first move and "fractures" Luke. Luke's turn happens next but since he is "fractured" he skips the turn and takes damage. next R2 goes and hits palp removing 1 of 2 stacks from Palp (random number). next Palp goes again but since he is using this ability his turn is skipped and Luke takes damage again. then its Luke's turn again but since he is still in "fracture" his turn is skipped and takes more damage. R2 goes next and attacks Palp removing the last stack and ends his channel ability. next Palp goes and does a normal attack on one of them. now its Luke's turn and since hes no longer "fractured" can go and attack Palp.

That sounds like a really cool idea
  • The background for EP's event was also updated
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pretty sure this is just an art update. Maybe linked to the fact that they were doing GL Palp, so while they were making his model they used that to update the one we have.
  • Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is just an art update. Maybe linked to the fact that they were doing GL Palp, so while they were making his model they used that to update the one we have.

:( I was happy thinking he was ganna have a touch up

I agree. Pretty uncool of Kyno to say that.
  • Pretty nice artwork so far, but the face do not look like palp anymore
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jppc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

:( I was happy thinking he was ganna have a touch up

Then just ignore my comment, I dont know, I just dont think hes getting a touch up at this time.
  • iPaiiN wrote: »
    Pretty nice artwork so far, but the face do not look like palp anymore

It looks far more like OT palp now. It’s very nice.urmars9tmht5.jpeg

Something tells me that his is Ultra's alt account...
  • x28lohkb7n4h.png

Man the attention to detail in this game is top notch.. Thanks for making palp look better. Want to maybe update all of the graphics including the portrait?
  • Man these forums would erupt more than usual if Palpatine got a great rework to go with the release of SEE.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11451 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    :hesright:

Something tells me that his is Ultra's alt account...

It’s probably Kyno simping me again because he has gotten zero attention from my Crumb main account
  • They changed his lightning ability and his healing animation too. They changed the lightning on all the sith that use it, as far as I can see. Do not like the changes. DRev's Force Storm looks significantly less impressive now (and nothing like the ability portrait). Reworked Palp looks like Anakin with yellow eyes in RotS and his robes actually look to have less detail than before.

Oh, and he now gets stuck gazing off into the distance: uuvboeeg2lva.jpg
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I highly doubt OT Palp will get a power bump since he's not bad now and can be used no problem viably and especially since a new GL Palp is coming. No point in bumping his current character when another ultimate iteration of his character is incoming. The graphical update is sick though. Love it.
  • Agent_P_82
    96 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Looks good. Although I noticed theres a tiny je rk when it loops. Probably an easy fix. But nonetheless great job!
  • Also, why would they need to rework Palpatine in the first place. He is already good as is.
  • Character screen is a pretty decent change. In-game/in-battle...nah, don’t like it. Preferred the hunched over look to the standing tall look.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Eweff wrote: »
    iPaiiN wrote: »
    Pretty nice artwork so far, but the face do not look like palp anymore

It looks far more like OT palp now. It’s very nice.urmars9tmht5.jpeg

Now THAT is a wireframe improvement to be proud of!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    They changed his lightning ability and his healing animation too. They changed the lightning on all the sith that use it, as far as I can see. Do not like the changes. DRev's Force Storm looks significantly less impressive now (and nothing like the ability portrait). Reworked Palp looks like Anakin with yellow eyes in RotS and his robes actually look to have less detail than before.

Oh, and he now gets stuck gazing off into the distance: uuvboeeg2lva.jpg

He’s too busy visualizing Mace going thru the windu. Da dum dum tis!
  • i dont complain about the look. Good they are working on something thats free, lol.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    The new model’s stunned animation is bugged. Too opaque and doesn’t flicker

Edit: second picture is reference to proper stun animation
    Post edited by DatBoi on
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    The new model’s stunned animation is bugged. Too opaque and doesn’t flicker

The second photo he looks perfectly transparent to me...

But that’s a good catch.