Thrown out of Grand Arena?

Prev1
I can not participate in this GA round although I signed up. Anyone else having this problem?

geqz3y396tim.jpg

As you can see in the screenshot I have joined during the join period, because of the border of my portrait being black, not blue/no border.

Replies

• And also have a division and rank assigned.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    That doesn't mean you joined. That just means you've logged into the game since the GAC launched and been assigned a division.

This happens without any action from the player.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    That doesn't mean you joined. That just means you've logged into the game since the GAC launched and been assigned a division.

This. the screen shot is not proof of anything unfortunately.

you can report this to Answers HQ, they can look at your account, but they have yet to find someone who has joined and removed.
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Actually the border or frame around the avatar does change when you join a GAC, I know a guy that didn't join and he still has that blue frame and he doesn't have a division nor a rank assigned.

So yeah, this can be the very first case where something went off.
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    Actually the border or frame around the avatar does change when you join a GAC, I know a guy that didn't join and he still has that blue frame and he doesn't have a division nor a rank assigned.

Mine looks the same as op where I had no problem joining. Or do you mean something else?
    o8pcvxhzwmq3.png
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Blake085 wrote: »

Mine looks the same as op where I had no problem joining. Or do you mean something else?
    o8pcvxhzwmq3.png

Yes, something else.

OP says that he joined GAC and tried to prove it by saying he has a division and rank assigned, also the border of his avatar changed to that of Carbonite League.

The replies from the others say that it doesn't mean anything, but I know a guy that didn't join GAC, launched the game after the GAC began and his avatar looks like this:

p31pb7mku7pi.jpg

And he doesn't have a division/rank assigned.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Blake085 wrote: »

Sorry, this mean nothing. My alt I did not join GAC
    it has a black border and a rank
    BfxP9mi.jpg
  • Pro Tip - After you click/tap join go to the map and then do a screen capture. If you then get kicked out, how could you have gone all the way to the map and not have clicked/tapped on join?
  • Kyno wrote: »

you can report this to Answers HQ, they can look at your account, but they have yet to find someone who has joined and removed.

Now hang on i have had the same issue as OP for nearly 12 months i have joined every single GAC yet I've been thrown out of GAC the last few months i am at the point of quitting the game because of this.

I doubt CG wants to keep losing veteran players but between this **** bug that when it actually let's in gac it completely resets defences with auto defecnes and the lack of new raids or actual playable content.

I am on the verge of just walking away from the game and star wars after Disney and now everyone at CG have made a mockery of everything that was star wars.

So Kyno fix it or atlwast look into it and before you tell me put a ticket in i have over 30 tickets waiting to be looked at for this issue and i think im due for a little compensation wouldnt you say kyno?
  • Blake085 wrote: »

Been having the same issue as OP for close to 12 months CG never bothered looking into it
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Now hang on i have had the same issue as OP for nearly 12 months i have joined every single GAC yet I've been thrown out of GAC the last few months i am at the point of quitting the game because of this.

I doubt CG wants to keep losing veteran players but between this **** bug that when it actually let's in gac it completely resets defences with auto defecnes and the lack of new raids or actual playable content.

I am on the verge of just walking away from the game and star wars after Disney and now everyone at CG have made a mockery of everything that was star wars.

So Kyno fix it or atlwast look into it and before you tell me put a ticket in i have over 30 tickets waiting to be looked at for this issue and i think im due for a little compensation wouldnt you say kyno?

Congrats/Sorry @Kyno on your new job?
  • I am 99% sure this happened to me too. No proof of course but since I play for hours a day it is unlikely I missed the sign up.

@Kyno is there a link to answers hq? I’m not sure where to report this.
  • Joeblaga wrote: »
    I am 99% sure this happened to me too. No proof of course but since I play for hours a day it is unlikely I missed the sign up.

@Kyno is there a link to answers hq? I’m not sure where to report this.
    Click on bug report on the forum main page.
  • Thanks for the answers guys.
    I'll file out a bug report, and see what I get as an answer as to what was the issue.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

[...]

Since you've had this happen multiple times and you've opened 30 tickets about that issue I assume you've taken screenshots to prove that you joined only to be kicked out. Any chance we could see your proof?
  • I had this happen to me last months grand arena week 2. Reported the "bug".

Turns out I had forgot to join.

Happens to the best of us. Hard luck double check next time you joined!
  • Best tip...

When you “join”, make sure you click through to the screen that says “DarjeloSalas Vs ????”

It is impossible to get to this screen without joining.

It is perfectly possible to click the GA table, look around at division thresholds, look at the feats etc without joining.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If you want it looked at you should open a ticket. If this is happening regularly you should be documenting joining and posting a ticket each time it happens to raise awareness.

They have looked into it. Every time one of these is reported, they check the player info.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

Congrats/Sorry Kyno on your new job?

Haha, it may not be as prestigious as having my own day, but at least it something.

Just like @TVF, I will just be waiting on my check now.....

• Kyno wrote: »

If you want it looked at you should open a ticket. If this is happening regularly you should be documenting joining and posting a ticket each time it happens to raise awareness.

They have looked into it. Every time one of these is reported, they check the player info.

You do realise that i have 30 tickets open at the moment right? Not trying to be rude or anything but i dont se e the point in opening another one that is just going to be neglected again
  • Waqui wrote: »

[...]

Since you've had this happen multiple times and you've opened 30 tickets about that issue I assume you've taken screenshots to prove that you joined only to be kicked out. Any chance we could see your proof?

Gladly just as soon as my phone lets me the upload screenshots on here
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Best tip...

When you “join”, make sure you click through to the screen that says “DarjeloSalas Vs ????”

It is impossible to get to this screen without joining.

It is perfectly possible to click the GA table, look around at division thresholds, look at the feats etc without joining.

This post is 100% false.

I have never gotten a screen that says " @DarjeloSalas Vs ????" and yet I've been in every round.

94e50e04097c4ecd038befa7bbfbc780.gif

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Or have you?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Or have you?

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This happened to me this round - I know I hit Join but the next time I went in it kicked me out then I had no match. Just reported the bug
  • Okay folks, issue solved.
    I did not join this GAC, I feel dumb now.
    Thanks for your replies.
  • I have the same problem, I forgot to join, but I could swear I joined!
  • Okay folks, issue solved.
    I did not join this GAC, I feel dumb now.
    Thanks for your replies.
    The GAC join issue truly is a classic case of Occam’s razor. Kudos for accepting culpability!
  • Waqui wrote: »

[...]

Gladly just as soon as my phone lets me the upload screenshots on here

Where are those screenshots?