Gar Saxon and ISC

Treeburner
773 posts Member
edited March 2021
Been thinking these two need some love and at least a small amount of synergy here is my take on how they could be useful.

Gar Saxon
· Basic · Level 8 On the Hunt
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 85% chance to inflict Speed Down for 2 turns. If the target already had Speed Down, reduce Gar Saxon's cooldowns by 1 and gain 5% turn meter.

· Special · Level 8
Calculated Ambush 5 turn cooldown

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Potency Down for 1 turn, dealing double damage to enemies with less than 50% Turn Meter. Enemies that had at least 50% Turn Meter lose 35% Turn Meter.
If Super Imperial Commando is present he is called to assist on the primary target dealing 35% less damage and Gar Saxon Taunts for 1 turn.

· Leader · Level 8
Mandalorian Retaliation

Empire and Mandalorian allies gain 50% Counter Chance and 50% Defence.
Whenever an Empire or Mandalorian ally uses a Basic attack they recover 5% Health and gain 10% Potency and Tenacity when attacking out of turn, stacking until the end of their next Turn.

If all allies are Mandalorian they each gain a Heal Over Time and Defence Up for 1 turn at the start of the battle.

· Unique · Level 8
Viceroy's Vengeance
Gar Saxon has +10% Counter chance and Accuracy these bonuses are doubled if Imperial Super Commando is present.
Whenever another ally attacks during an enemy turn, Gar Saxon has a 100% chance to Assist. Whenever Gar Saxon attacks out of turn , he gains 5% Offence stacking until the end of his next turn.

Imperial super commando
· Basic · Level 8
Seize the Advantage
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 85% chance to inflict Offense Down for 2 turns and attack again if the target had less than 50% Turn Meter.
This attack has an additional +10% Critical Damage , Doubled if the enemy had Offence Down.

· Special · Level 8
Superior Tactics 2 turn cooldown

Deal Physical damage to target enemy, dispel all buffs on them, inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns, and gain Speed Up for 1 turn . If Gar Saxon is present he also gains this buff and is called to assist dealing 15% more damage.

· Unique · Level 8
Upper Hand

Imperial Super Commando has +60% Counter Chance and gains 5% turn meter when attacking out of turn.
Imperial super commando Gains +15% Offense for each enemy with no buffs, and 10% Defence Penetration for each enemy with buffs, If Gar Saxon is the leader, both him and Imperial super commando gain an additional 10% Max Health.

Let me know what you think ,didn't want to change the feel of the present kit's, but also wanted to bring them up to date with Mando and the power creep slightly.
Post edited by Treeburner on

Replies

• Yoda_the_fast
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Let's start with Gar Saxon. On the basic, why not just make the Speed Down there without the 75% chance? Also, 10% turn meter gain seems much better. On the special, I personally think that it's too underpowered. For balance, take the Potency Down out and make the cooldown 3. On the leader, take the Tenacity, Defense, and stacking Potency out and add a +20% Potency in addition to the Counter Chance instead. Also, take out the protection recovery (as there would be too much healing with it) and add +10% Counter Damage (stacking, max 30%). Additionally, make the Counter Chance just 50%. On the unique, for the sake of not repeating the Counter Damage, take that away and put +15% Speed instead). Other than that though, I like it.

Next is the Imperial Super Commando. Make the Offense Up solid, and the critical damage should be doubled if they have Offense Down. The special is very nice, and I don't see any flaws. The unique, though, seems like overkill. If the Imperial Super Commando is supposed to fit under a Gar Saxon lead, the Counter Chance would be overkill, so lower that to 50%. I also think the extra defense is not needed. Good kit though.

This is just what I think and I hope you enjoy my feedback!
  • @Yoda_the_fast
    I will change the speed down chance ,but having 10% TM instead of 5 could be very OP , one AoE and gar will be assisting like crazy seen it many times 4-6 assist just from one AoE.

The reason second ability is and was 5 turn cooldown was probably for the reason above, at 3 turns you can spam it every turn , at 5 turns gar still uses it most turns but it's not a constant cycle and if he gained 10% TM with each hit on enemies with speed down it could create a crazy MM pao effect and as there is a TM removal on it I don't want it to be abused maybe 4 turns as a happy middle ground .

Empire allies gain 50% Counter Chance 20% potency. Whenever an Empire ally uses a Basic attack they recover 5% health, whenever an Empire ally attacks out of turn they gain 10% counter damage stacking max 3 stacks .
    Vs
    Empire allies gain 55% Counter Chance , 55% Defense and 20% Tenacity. Whenever an Empire ally uses a Basic attack, they recover 5% Health. Whenever an Empire ally attacks out of turn, they recover 5% Protection and gain 5% Potency stacking until the end of their next Turn.
    Vs
    Empire allies gain 50% Counter Chance and 40% Defense. Whenever an Empire ally uses a Basic attack, they recover 5% Health

This original leadership is designed to make your team have survivability with defence , counter chance and health recovery , I'm trying to emphasise this, plus it is a zeta leadership if you look at similar zeta leads like embo, CLS , shaak , maybe 2% might be a little more balanced but just 5% health is not enough to provide any real survivability.

Also Imperial super commando already had 115% counter under gar lead ,nothing changed in regards to his counter chance. You can't have more than 100% counter chance anyway but I see your point . Defence was meant to be defence penetration on his unique, good spot will change that.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    @Yoda_the_fast
    I will change the speed down chance ,but having 10% TM instead of 5 could be very OP , one AoE and gar will be assisting like crazy seen it many times 4-6 assist just from one AoE.

The reason second ability is and was 5 turn cooldown was probably for the reason above, at 3 turns you can spam it every turn , at 5 turns gar still uses it most turns but it's not a constant cycle and if he gained 10% TM with each hit on enemies with speed down it could create a crazy MM pao effect and as there is a TM removal on it I don't want it to be abused maybe 4 turns as a happy middle ground .

Empire allies gain 50% Counter Chance 20% potency. Whenever an Empire ally uses a Basic attack they recover 5% health, whenever an Empire ally attacks out of turn they gain 10% counter damage stacking max 3 stacks .
    Vs
    Empire allies gain 55% Counter Chance , 55% Defense and 20% Tenacity. Whenever an Empire ally uses a Basic attack, they recover 5% Health. Whenever an Empire ally attacks out of turn, they recover 5% Protection and gain 5% Potency stacking until the end of their next Turn.
    Vs
    Empire allies gain 50% Counter Chance and 40% Defense. Whenever an Empire ally uses a Basic attack, they recover 5% Health

This original leadership is designed to make your team have survivability with defence , counter chance and health recovery , I'm trying to emphasise this, plus it is a zeta leadership if you look at similar zeta leads like embo, CLS , shaak , maybe 2% might be a little more balanced but just 5% health is not enough to provide any real survivability.

Also Imperial super commando already had 115% counter under gar lead ,nothing changed in regards to his counter chance. You can't have more than 100% counter chance anyway but I see your point . Defence was meant to be defence penetration on his unique, good spot will change that.

I get your first point completely, and I did not think of that. The point about the leadership is something I also understand, but I still feel that 5% protection is too OP, but you can do what you want with that. If you don't, take the Potency away from it. After this tweak, it'd be fantastic!
  • Debuff % chance increased on both basics.
    Added the double crit dmge bonus for ISC with offence down.
    Changed the protection gain to 2% from 5% , gonna stick with the tenacity on lead and potency down on gar special , thought it might help stop daze completely shutting down the team .
    Lowerd ISC counter by 5 as gars lead was already increased by 5 ,staying at his original counter chance under gar lead again .
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Debuff % chance increased on both basics.
    Added the double crit dmge bonus for ISC with offence down.
    Changed the protection gain to 2% from 5% , gonna stick with the tenacity on lead and potency down on gar special , thought it might help stop daze completely shutting down the team .
    Lowerd ISC counter by 5 as gars lead was already increased by 5 ,staying at his original counter chance under gar lead again .

It's good now. great job!
  • Why I am feeling these guys are not going to change and are required for GL mandalorian because they both are mandalorian?
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Why I am feeling these guys are not going to change and are required for GL mandalorian because they both are mandalorian?

There's so many characters that will probably reach a galactic legend b4 mando could be wrong though