Banner for holding defense?

Hi, what do you think about getting Banners for every holding defense?

I think this would award people who set a strong defense and still able to reach a full clear

Replies

• You get rewarded because your opponent loses banners
  • But at the end for kyber or top 50 etc. only all offense is the way. Because the opponent banner don't count.
    For example:

Player 1 win 3 rounds by:
    2150 - 2149
    2150 - 2145
    2150 - 2144

Player 2 win 3 rounds by:
    2150 - 1980
    2150 - 1000
    2130 - 1250

Player 2 dominated 3 rounds an still ranked behind Player 1 because it doesn't matter how many banner your opponent get as long as he get less banners than you.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    LordHel wrote: »
    But at the end for kyber or top 50 etc. only all offense is the way. Because the opponent banner don't count.
    For example:

Player 1 win 3 rounds by:
    2150 - 2149
    2150 - 2145
    2150 - 2144

Player 2 win 3 rounds by:
    2150 - 1980
    2150 - 1000
    2130 - 1250

Player 2 dominated 3 rounds an still ranked behind Player 1 because it doesn't matter how many banner your opponent get as long as he get less banners than you.

I don't see the problem. Player 1 has more total banners than player 2 so s/he is ranked above which is absolute correct.
    GAC ranking is always about getting more banners than everyone else and it would be totally broken if anyone could get more banners for successful defense battles. Consider someone just don't cares about winning and would battle 100 fights to feed his enemies defense banners.
    Post edited by Kisakee on
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • LordHel
    32 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I didn't mean banner for every fight. I thought about extra banner for every defense team who stands at the end. For example 20 Banner for each team.
  • LordHel wrote: »
    I don't mean banner for every fight. I thought about extra banner for every defense team who stands at the end. For example 20 Banner for each team.
    That's a terrible idea for the leader board.

Your ranking is already quite frequently in your opponent's hand, the last thing we need is to have scores decided by who pulls the most opponents that can't be bothered to attack.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Right, that would mess things up even more. For the GAC banner system i'll go with "If it's not broken don't fix it.".
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Agreed with all of the responses.

If the OP can’t see how open this system is to exploitation or how it fails to deal with people that don’t bother attacking, I applaud their naivety.
  • While I agree the banners for holding defense is potentially open for exploite, I could go for "banners for defense teams that survives attacks" but frankly that's already caculate when the rival lose banners for unseccesful attack...

Nevertheless, I do think there should be feats for defense. Lets say something like "win 5 teams on defense on GAC battles" or "win a GAC battle on defense with the toon X"
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Don't you get GAC points/ banners for winning a round? I don't really pay attention. But that being a case, your opponent losing banners because of a defend helps you win, and therefore you get closer to kyber.
  • They are both terrible methods, with a terrible matchmaking system. Finding a better way to calculate banners to account for defensive strategies would just be putting lipstick on a pig.

But yes, I agree with your assessment that putting a strong defense is penalized in GAC.
  • i think it is easy to fix:
    for defence hold lets say for example 1point (for first 3, attemps you will not get more even if it gets killed after 69th attemt)
    if your oponent will not atack at the end of the the atack phase you will get +3 point for every team he did not beat (so any quiter will feed your pool)
    CG need to fix the issue with seting one def. team one idea - use auto fill for the rest of spots...

Finally do some math and adjust proposed numbers of point to the level which will bring balnce to the force... of going strong defence and using counter teams with high baners potenntial. vs going light defence and having full off potential
    Players will have more to think when coming up with strategy for every rival..
  • I just don't understand what the issue is.

If your team holds, the opponent will get less banners if / when they finally beat the team.

You're already getting rewarded for a defensive hold. Why are we discussing another way of rewarding people?
  • I'm starting to think more and more how to balance it..
    Maybe they should rethink the whole concept of ganing points give same amount for seting the def and for winning,
    implement what i mentioned ealier with additional point for not clearing the team and any holds to be ~equal with bonus given for undersized team, winning on 1st/2nd attempt
    and to even more balance the way going full off vs def give points in defence for not conquering the fildes (120 +30/33 for teams/fleets not beaten).
    so going strong def and full clear opponent will be the best for the finall score but now ther will be incentive to put somthing more tricy on def to max your point