Galactic legends Kylo let down

Prev1

I got it, I’m late to the party. But, after months of farming and gearing up toons, then farming Dark Side Currency, the moment finally arrived.

Stage One Supreme Leader Kylo Ren my team was instant wiped. I was able to take about 3 turns in total with the 2 remaining toons before they were obliterated.

And no, I didn’t watch the videos on YouTube or read the strategy guides. I just really don’t care anymore.

At this point I only stay for the Guide members that I have been with for years. If I drop below the activity requirements that will be the end for me.

So Awesome.

Replies

• scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Sorry to hear. I just started on slkr, and with the tickets being such a valuable resource I didn't even attempt with out watching a guide.
    It kinda sucks that you either have to watch a guide (boring) or waste resources for these events, would have been way more fun trying to figure out on my own and playing around in the events.
  • I just thought stage one would be fun and easy motivation to keep going I was wrong.

• Do you want to defend the Vader Exploits?
  • BigFry wrote: »
    And no, I didn’t watch the videos on YouTube or read the strategy guides. I just really don’t care anymore.
    So after putting all that time and effort in you couldn't spend a few minutes to educate yourself on event strategy and it's CG's fault. Got it.
    I just thought stage one would be fun and easy motivation to keep going I was wrong.
    There are static cheat sheets you could have read.

Out of interest, what team did you run?
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    BigFry wrote: »
    I just thought stage one would be fun and easy motivation to keep going I was wrong.

I hear you on that. I personally prefer trying stuff without static cheat sheets or video guides or anything. Wasting a resource though kinda changes it
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Shrug. I beat it on the first try without a guide.

It sounds like you're already checked out. I'd suggest just deleting since you're only continuing to play out of habit rather than enjoyment.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    So after putting all that time and effort in you couldn't spend a few minutes to educate yourself on event strategy and it's CG's fault. Got it.

It’s my fault I tried to make that clear in the original post

I don’t know I just took the auto fill. It was a big mistake, no mods moved or anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I don’t know I just took the auto fill. It was a big mistake, no mods moved or anything.

That seems like a mistake. Not that everything in this game is hard, but any newer content has a level of difficulty that you should probably take some mind to be prepared for.

I dont mean guides or anything, just slightly more thoughts into mods and team composition than what you are stating here.
  • "I didn't prepare for the event in any way. No videos, no cheat sheets - I didn't even move mods or set my team. I lost on the first try."

And this is a surprise???
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • typical nonsense forum complaint
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    wait, the event that gets you one of the top 2 toons we have so far requires more than autofilled non-modded for event toons, plus strategy? well this is an outrage
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • It’s interesting how someone can’t bother to prepare for an event but can still be motivated to make a thread.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Imagine being terrible and not preparing at all, and then blaming the company that makes the game which might require you to think sometimes. Of all the things to complain about, this is not one of them.
  • In his defence CG didn’t put tickets in the game to make it more fun. Games are supposed to be fun right ?
    The ticket system is unnecessarily long and painful.
  • In his defence CG didn’t put tickets in the game to make it more fun. Games are supposed to be fun right ?

Depends on ur definition of fun dark souls is fun to others cause theyike the challenge while others hate it cause they die instantly its a skill based game.

Alot of mmo have a daily/weekly limit on stuff like hardmode dungeons raids ect to get rewards so the tickets is a way to limit it like that so if u where an mmo player (i played mmos for years(10+) i dont mind the tickets all that much annoying yes but thats all
  • Hey, my competitive exam is coming up tomorrow but I didn't bother to take outside help for things I'm struggling with and now I managed to fail.

Looks like it was the exam's fault

Depends on ur definition of fun dark souls is fun to others cause theyike the challenge while others hate it cause they die instantly its a skill based game.

Alot of mmo have a daily/weekly limit on stuff like hardmode dungeons raids ect to get rewards so the tickets is a way to limit it like that so if u where an mmo player (i played mmos for years(10+) i dont mind the tickets all that much annoying yes but thats all

I’m not against the idea of tickets and playing over and over again for hours waiting for the right rng is far worse I believe.
    Tickets for the first GLs would be fine if you only had to complete each tier once.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Nobody needs to read guides. Guides just make events easier to beat. In general you would learn much more from the mechanic and the game by making mistakes and trying new combinations instead of repeating what other did to save time.
  • MemeMaster
    332 posts Member
    edited October 2020

There is your problem. You went in unprepared, then try to blame something other than yourself. SLKR Stages 1 and 2 are blatantly easier to beat than Reys but you still need to know how and what type of mods to use.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I watched videos and guides before doing this stage and it worked fine for me, preparation is the key as stated by many. After getting all shards from it i tried different compositions and i learned that almost every team can beat it with a bit of thinking so don't let yourself down. My favorite was this squad: KRU, Stormtrooper, Officer, Phasma and Red.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • I agree that the ticket system is a bit stupid, it more or less forces you to go to outside guides which spoils the in game experience. However you should at least have read the in game description of the event details first and also click the opponents ability descriptions, it contains helpful advice to help you succeed unless you don’t have good mods, then it gets trickier.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    nurm wrote: »
    Nobody needs to read guides.

OP says hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    I got it, I’m late to the party. But, after months of farming and gearing up toons, then farming Dark Side Currency, the moment finally arrived.

Stage One Supreme Leader Kylo Ren my team was instant wiped. I was able to take about 3 turns in total with the 2 remaining toons before they were obliterated.

At this point I only stay for the Guide members that I have been with for years. If I drop below the activity requirements that will be the end for me.

So Awesome.

I guess I’m confused on what you’re complaining about? I found tier 1 to be incredibly easy and it took me less than 5 minutes to research a strategy. The aspect of GL’s that everyone should hate with the passion of 1,000 suns are the tickets. You spend 3+ months (6 if you don’t spend) farming, gearing, relic’ing and you don’t even get to play the event right away lol. It’s so incredibly demoralizing.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    I'm pretty much with scuba--given that you have to use up tickets, you should definitely watch the guides first. I'd rather it not be that way...if it was an open even, I'd prefer to try myself first a few times and only look up a guide if necessary.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I like to play the event and learn how to beat it on my own

Not a fan of using guides to find out how to win since that ruins the fun but I’ll rather not have fun than farm and waste multiple tickets in trying to figure out how to win
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I like to play the event and learn how to beat it on my own

Not a fan of using guides to find out how to win since that ruins the fun but I’ll rather not have fun than farm and waste multiple tickets in trying to figure out how to win

This is the biggest issue with the events.
    If the tickets earned you “1 completion” it would be different. Farming the tickets and then losing the battle makes it less enjoyable. You’re stuck looking into the guides to ensure success rather than having any fun trying different things.