Too much to do in a day (solution provided)

One common complaint is that folks want to see galactic challenges more often. But because of the way the game scales we have 7 different levels to compete at which means we would need to do the challenges 14 times a day in order to make progress (which is comparable to the slog that Galactic War was ages ago).

To solve this problem I suggest simply to automatically give rewards for any phase that was passed at a higher tier level.

So if I can do the missions at tier 6 I should automatically get the rewards/completion for tiers 1-5 without needing to sim. That would keep the event scaling to all player levels but would prevent the challenges from becoming a grind for all.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Too much to do, too little to do, what now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm all for automatic rewards/simming already beaten challenges.

edit: and op's point is correct. there's no way you can beat tier 7 or w/e and not be able to beat tier 3 or 4 or 6 etc. Even it the tier is faction sepecific, or undersized etc, the higher tier should count for all lower tiers of that specific thing. Ex. calls for full FO, you beat t7, all lowers are considered completed and you get rewards, same for undersized, if you need X droids etc, same same.

This is a fantastic idea imo. It gives people things to do that some are complaining about, while reducing the timesuck for the rest of us
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF wrote: »

The right amount to do.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

The right amount to do.

For everyone?
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020

The right amount to do.

For everyone?

I'm not everyone so I don't know. I personally have enough to do in game but would love anything else added.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

The right amount to do.

For everyone?

I'm not everyone so I don't know. I personally have enough to do in game but would love anything else added.

My point is that some people think there's too much to do and some people think there's not enough.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    The GC's are (almost) exactly what this game needs: more optional content. I have very little to actually do in the game on a day to day basis outside of arena. I actually think the GC's should only run for 2 days each, because when I do all 14 times in 10 minutes on day 1 I'm back to nothing to do.

But, if you think there's too much to do, then just don't do the lower tiers. Most of the rewards aren't worth the effort.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Why should it only run for 2 days? If it's only going to be run once a week regardless of duration, it should be 7 day length.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Why should it only run for 2 days? If it's only going to be run once a week regardless of duration, it should be 7 day length.

It's not only going to be run once a week. It will be always on.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

???

Says who? Certainly not the case right now.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

???

Says CG. It's still in the exhibition phase.
  • The better solution would be to make all the events for the week available at the beginning of the week and let you have all week to do them. That way you can do them at your leisure and save some for those slow days between gacs and tbs.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

???

Lol if CG said *anything* you might be right. Everyone is guessing right now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

???

Again, says who? CG hasn't communicated at all regarding GC's since they dropped. We could still be in exhibition phase - or we might be operating with the "final" cadence. If it is the final structure, the rewards are too weak for once a week. If it ran on Fridays and Monday or Tuesdays for 3 days each (so twice a week), it'd be a solid event with decent rewards. But only once a week, it's very meh.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

???

Their stated purpose for GC’s is for us to have something to do every day.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

???

Again, says who? CG hasn't communicated at all regarding GC's since they dropped. We could still be in exhibition phase - or we might be operating with the "final" cadence. If it is the final structure, the rewards are too weak for once a week. If it ran on Fridays and Monday or Tuesdays for 3 days each (so twice a week), it'd be a solid event with decent rewards. But only once a week, it's very meh.

Maybe we aren’t in the exhibition phase. But they haven’t said we aren’t, so I assume we are.

But they have stated they intend for GC’s to run every day, and they also said 7 days is too long, so safe to assume when they’re ready to pull the trigger we’ll have a 3 day GC on all the time.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Somebody gonna be disappointed I think.
  • StarSon wrote: »

???

Their stated purpose for GC’s is for us to have something to do every day.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

???

Maybe we aren’t in the exhibition phase. But they haven’t said we aren’t, so I assume we are.

But they have stated they intend for GC’s to run every day, and they also said 7 days is too long, so safe to assume when they’re ready to pull the trigger we’ll have a 3 day GC on all the time.

You know what they say when you assume.

But I wouldn't bet on it. They said daily replayable content. This is once every 3 days (assuming you're right and once a week or so if you're not). And it takes about 30 min max to clear everything if you have the teams and the same amount of time to realize the feats aren't going to happen if you don't. Yes, you have to play every battle at least twice to get all the feats (though that's dumb. If I beat the sith one with an undersized with team, it should count for the faction feat too.), it is hardly something where you have to change strategy or use multiple teams for.

If they really wanted it to be replayable, they need like 4 or 5 faction feats for every GC. Then you would have to use 4 or 5 teams to beat each part and it may warrant the 3 days timeline. But as is, it's only a one day event with 2 days of extra time just in case I'm busy.

And I'm ok with that. In fact I think all the events should give you multiple days to run them if you need to. There's really no downside. But if it takes an hour or less to complete and you don't have to do it again for rewards everyday, it's not daily content.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    D4n040798 wrote: »
    If you haven’t seen AhnaldT101’s latest video concerning Galactic Challenges, go see it. It’ll tell you that Galactic Challenges will only be run on the weekends, for now at least. That means this is not the final outcome for Galactic Challenges, so they are still working on it. If you want proof, go watch AhnaldT101’s latest GC video.

Why would anyone need to watch Ahnald for that? Our Lord and Savior Doja_Fett already told us the GC’s are weekend only events.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    D4n040798 wrote: »
    Because some of us don’t have access to his posts online, only YouTube where we see SWGOH YouTubers like AhnaldT101 and Cubsfan Han. Have you ever considered how many of us read posts from Doja Fett and how many of us stick to YouTube?

But you’re here, where Doja posts the official information. So you do have access. And so does everyone you just told to go watch YouTube, because they are also here, where Doja posts.