Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

Replies

• There are new bugs and stuff that keeps it fresh
  • Remember when they had that stay and play for Covid, what a laugh :D
  • But other companies are not as indie as cg!
  • Jppc wrote: »
    I would be happy even with reskined content

Hell i’d be happy with old content if it was substantial and daily. An omega battle and credit heist to auto over the weekend was depressing as all hell.

If even crappy old content is hard to deliver at least give us an old School two day assault battle for the weekend.
  • The main reason is they want to get more and more money out of the community. More content would mean more rewards and less money for cg. That is why they startet to create ls Geo or the last tiers of the assault battles with small rewards but high pay wall.
    Nevertheless I just stopped paying my little money beginning of 2020...you all should do the same...maybe they will change their mind again...I mean to pay 10-20 dollars per month would be ok like for WOW, but 20-30 dollars for some shards plus useless gear...you will get a full ps4 game for that...that is a ridiculous mismatch...not like at the early beginning where they offered a great package which brought you forward for 5 dollars...
  • Jppc wrote: »

Hell i’d be happy with old content if it was substantial and daily. An omega battle and credit heist to auto over the weekend was depressing as all hell.

If even crappy old content is hard to deliver at least give us an old School two day assault battle for the weekend.

One could argue that we have actually had "negative" content in 2020, as new characters like SLKR have trivialized so much of the existing content (like the Sith raid). The power creep from new characters has resulted in less gameplay, for better or for worse; our HSTR is over in 20-30 minutes and if you want to score enough points to get anything halfway decent you are pretty limited in the team compositions you can use.

It's a very strange model when you think about it - "spend money/hoarded resources to acquire character X so that you can play the game less!"
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »

One could argue that we have actually had "negative" content in 2020, as new characters like SLKR have trivialized so much of the existing content (like the Sith raid). The power creep from new characters has resulted in less gameplay, for better or for worse; our HSTR is over in 20-30 minutes and if you want to score enough points to get anything halfway decent you are pretty limited in the team compositions you can use.

It's a very strange model when you think about it - "spend money/hoarded resources to acquire character X so that you can play the game less!"

This is how the HSTR is for our guild now as well. I don't have SLKR so I have to hope for a really good run in phase 1 because that is the only chance I get at anything. (Luckily we don't have 10 SLKR's yet)

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Wait wait, I thought "we" where always talking about the lack of content in this game?
  • So...you want content that you can do for free? You don't want to contribute to the developers/studios running costs, but want them to make content for you as what, a favor?
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    So...you want content that you can do for free? You don't want to contribute to the developers/studios running costs, but want them to make content for you as what, a favor?

I think his point is that other mobile games tend to pump out more actual playable stuff much quicker and aren’t primarily focused on constantly pushing overpriced non-content.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    So...you want content that you can do for free? You don't want to contribute to the developers/studios running costs, but want them to make content for you as what, a favor?

U mean their earnings is what? Donations? What makes u think everybody here is FTP?

Yet with all those earnings, what new things did they bring to the game?
  • Looooki wrote: »

U mean their earnings is what? Donations? What makes u think everybody here is FTP?

Yet with all those earnings, what new things did they bring to the game?

They added a new turn meter system breaking many well establish kits so now combat is new and fresh unlike ever before.
  • Was that the term they used? "Oceans of content"?

I honestly can't recall.

Either way, it's about to be one heck of an end to the year because they wouldn't go back on that promise right? I'm sure they've just been stockpiling content so they could release it all at once.

C'mon CG. I'm ready to drown in content. Hit me.
  • Are you not drowning on all the packs they have released yet?

CONTENT!
  • 2020 has been a bad year for this game.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Was that the term they used? "Oceans of content"?

I honestly can't recall.

Either way, it's about to be one heck of an end to the year because they wouldn't go back on that promise right? I'm sure they've just been stockpiling content so they could release it all at once.

You have to tag crumb or it doesn't work.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    raybron99 wrote: »
    2020 has been a bad year

FTFY
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I guess I’m not sure what players expect? This has been a complaint over the last two years. The new content they are putting out are the GL’s even though small number of players will get to play it.
  • Was that the term they used? "Oceans of content"?

I honestly can't recall.

Endless wells
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

I honestly can't recall.

Endless wells

They used both terms in the past: “endless well” and “oceans” but one term was with respect to new characters and ships whereas the other term was for new content. I don’t remember which term went with which thing.

• Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »

I honestly can't recall.

Endless wells

They used both terms in the past: “endless well” and “oceans” but one term was with respect to new characters and ships whereas the other term was for new content. I don’t remember which term went with which thing.

For Context:

Q: What was your 2019 GoH highlight and what was something you think missed the mark? In 2020 is there something in particular you really want to nail?
    A: Vyeking - There are a lot of ways to answer this question and through many different lenses. I think designers would cite different highlights than engineers, artists, etc. As a studio, we think we are doing our very best when we release features or content that enrich your play experience, deliver a genuine Star Wars experience, and expand the game in a positive way.
    Creatively, I think we delivered great characters and ships in 2019 - both in terms of their design, positive impact on the game, and artistic beauty. There were also several positive, and important technological improvements in 2019, some of which were not readily visible outside the studio, but that provided important improvements. And, I believe we did a fantastic job with both Relics and the Journey Guide, and did so in a way that raised the bar in terms of authenticity, quality, play, and aesthetics.
    Something I think we did not do well in 2019 was in the production of content. That will change in 2020. My focus is on shepherding the delivery of an endless well of fresh content through a system by which it is easier for us to make and deliver content. I want this content feature to be big, beautiful, and exciting. Stay tuned. In addition to features, we have an ocean of characters and ships planned. I am SUPER excited for 2020's character and ship content and I think you will be as well.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    z4xdaqr4gj7k.jpg

Here, more content we called trash. More packs. No more art?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

I honestly can't recall.

Endless wells

For Context:

Q: What was your 2019 GoH highlight and what was something you think missed the mark? In 2020 is there something in particular you really want to nail?
    A: Vyeking - There are a lot of ways to answer this question and through many different lenses. I think designers would cite different highlights than engineers, artists, etc. As a studio, we think we are doing our very best when we release features or content that enrich your play experience, deliver a genuine Star Wars experience, and expand the game in a positive way.
    Creatively, I think we delivered great characters and ships in 2019 - both in terms of their design, positive impact on the game, and artistic beauty. There were also several positive, and important technological improvements in 2019, some of which were not readily visible outside the studio, but that provided important improvements. And, I believe we did a fantastic job with both Relics and the Journey Guide, and did so in a way that raised the bar in terms of authenticity, quality, play, and aesthetics.
    Something I think we did not do well in 2019 was in the production of content. That will change in 2020. My focus is on shepherding the delivery of an endless well of fresh content through a system by which it is easier for us to make and deliver content. I want this content feature to be big, beautiful, and exciting. Stay tuned. In addition to features, we have an ocean of characters and ships planned. I am SUPER excited for 2020's character and ship content and I think you will be as well.

Whose vyeking? Is he still working there?
  • Looooki wrote: »

I honestly can't recall.

Endless wells

For Context:

Whose vyeking? Is he still working there?

lol....THAT is the right question
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

I honestly can't recall.

Endless wells

For Context:

This quote will be ignored and forgotten. I know from experience.

You should also post the one where they say new tiers on assault and new characters is not the content they were talking about.