New player advice?

What sort of tips/advice do you wish you would have know when you first started a SWGoH account?

Replies

• I would like to have been told to either go phoenix or seps. Also I would have liked to be told that if I went phoenix I would be more ready for GAC, and if I went seps I would be better in ship and character arenas.
  • Don't ignore ships once you get to level 60. It is way easier to be competitive in fleet arena than squad arena. Plus you can still earn crystals from fleet. So I would recommend farming Geos (you would run geos minus GBA with Nute lead until you can get GBA farmed up which requires you at level 83 or 84 and takes a long time) so you can have a great squad and also start working on ships.
  • Even though it is mentioned regularly: Join a real guild as early as possible. I joined a guild rather late, should have listened to the advice. It has so many benefits! Plus the help you get from your guild members in what focus on initially, etc.
  • 1. Don't gear useless characters anymore that absolutely necessary. That means gear 2 or 3 to get to a node with a useful character. You can get here unlocked within a day or two and start gearing her for ls and unlock a geo for ds. Now that rg is needed for papa palps you can gear him early if needed. But gearing clone wars chewie and jedi councilor any more than absolutely necessary is a waste.

2. As others said pick a path. With papa palps needing thrawn and ep, I suggest Phoenix first and then switch to ep lead for arena as soon as you unlock thrawn. Bugs are still good to farm for ships since you eventually need them anyway and they are good. And you can still go Phoenix and farm bugs for ships, it just takes a little longer than going steps. But with Vader's rework and papa palps being the most ftp friendly gl, empire is probably the way to go early on.

3. As mentioned earlier, get in a real guild. I would go further though. As soon. As you have a 7 star character, get in a guild that is doing heroic raids. There are guilds out there that will accept low level players if they get 600 tickets a day. Get in the strongest guild that will take you. The forums are great for finding a guild.

4. Plan ahead. Obviously you can't plan for everything since there are new releases that can change things but you should plan for more than just you initial farm. For example, if you go Phoenix first, they are on cantina and in the stores. You still need to plan what to do with your regular energy. You can farm gear of course but you really need to get a jump on the hard node farms since they take about 6 months to finish. So decide early what characters you want that are hard node farms, (usually either the revans or now papa palp requirements) and start those early. On my alt, I chose to go for the revans (papa palps wasn't announced yet) and my Bastilla, jolee, dark Bastilla, zalbar, and juhani are all almost six stars before hitting level 85. That's a huge head start for gac and other modes that require lots of teams.

5. Use crystals for energy refreshes. You get so much more value that way. You get 600 tickets a day almost automatically and you can farm like 6 or 7 hard nodes at a time with 3 refreshes. A hard node takes 6 months but if you do 7 at a time that's 7 characters every 6 months. Early game, you have too many characters needed to waste crystals refreshing a node. I started with the following characters.

Jedi knight anakin
    Bastilla
    Jolee
    Dark Bastilla
    Zalbar
    Juhani

Most of them are needed for the revans which were my focus after Phoenix. Jedi knight anakin has a good ship and works in a jedi team really well. I later added jango's node and mother Talizen for when I have extra energy. And once you can farm boss, you should at least unlock and gear him quickly to be able to use hounds tooth for fleet arena. But sadly you have to be level 85 to unlock his node.

6. Plan and farm a hstr team. The best team to farm first in my opinion is

Mother Talzen
    Daka
    Asajj
    Initiate
    Jedi knight anakin

They can solo p3 pretty easily and p3 and 4 at high relics. And they only have 2 hard node farms. The rest are in the stores
  • 1. Don't gear useless characters anymore that absolutely necessary. That means gear 2 or 3 to get to a node with a useful character. You can get here unlocked within a day or two and start gearing her for ls and unlock a geo for ds. Now that rg is needed for papa palps you can gear him early if needed. But gearing clone wars chewie and jedi councilor any more than absolutely necessary is a waste.

2. As others said pick a path. With papa palps needing thrawn and ep, I suggest Phoenix first and then switch to ep lead for arena as soon as you unlock thrawn. Bugs are still good to farm for ships since you eventually need them anyway and they are good. And you can still go Phoenix and farm bugs for ships, it just takes a little longer than going steps. But with Vader's rework and papa palps being the most ftp friendly gl, empire is probably the way to go early on.

3. As mentioned earlier, get in a real guild. I would go further though. As soon. As you have a 7 star character, get in a guild that is doing heroic raids. There are guilds out there that will accept low level players if they get 600 tickets a day. Get in the strongest guild that will take you. The forums are great for finding a guild.

4. Plan ahead. Obviously you can't plan for everything since there are new releases that can change things but you should plan for more than just you initial farm. For example, if you go Phoenix first, they are on cantina and in the stores. You still need to plan what to do with your regular energy. You can farm gear of course but you really need to get a jump on the hard node farms since they take about 6 months to finish. So decide early what characters you want that are hard node farms, (usually either the revans or now papa palp requirements) and start those early. On my alt, I chose to go for the revans (papa palps wasn't announced yet) and my Bastilla, jolee, dark Bastilla, zalbar, and juhani are all almost six stars before hitting level 85. That's a huge head start for gac and other modes that require lots of teams.

5. Use crystals for energy refreshes. You get so much more value that way. You get 600 tickets a day almost automatically and you can farm like 6 or 7 hard nodes at a time with 3 refreshes. A hard node takes 6 months but if you do 7 at a time that's 7 characters every 6 months. Early game, you have too many characters needed to waste crystals refreshing a node. I started with the following characters.

Jedi knight anakin
    Bastilla
    Jolee
    Dark Bastilla
    Zalbar
    Juhani

Most of them are needed for the revans which were my focus after Phoenix. Jedi knight anakin has a good ship and works in a jedi team really well. I later added jango's node and mother Talizen for when I have extra energy. And once you can farm boss, you should at least unlock and gear him quickly to be able to use hounds tooth for fleet arena. But sadly you have to be level 85 to unlock his node.

Mother Talzen
    Daka
    Asajj
    Initiate
    Jedi knight anakin

They can solo p3 pretty easily and p3 and 4 at high relics. And they only have 2 hard node farms. The rest are in the stores

Thank you for the detailed response. I will apply information and advice to continue to help new players who have questions!

Jedi knight anakin
    Bastilla
    Jolee
    Dark Bastilla
    Zalbar
    Juhani

Mother Talzen
    Daka
    Asajj
    Initiate
    Jedi knight anakin

Thank you for the detailed response. I will apply information and advice to continue to help new players who have questions!

So you aren't a new player?
  • Dashrunner wrote: »
    Even though it is mentioned regularly: Join a real guild as early as possible. I joined a guild rather late, should have listened to the advice. It has so many benefits! Plus the help you get from your guild members in what focus on initially, etc.

If I could like this post a hundred times, it still wouldn't be enough. I languished in a starter guild for months. I could've already had GAS, but I'm still farming HAAT for GK shards. So stupid.
  • Everything everyone else has said is more important, but I'll add this:

I'm not telling you when you should start working on a solid empire team, but as soon as you do, make farming Range Trooper a high priority. RT is a regular energy farm on a low-cost node. it takes a good long time without refreshes, but the toon is incredibly worth it (as is any toon that provides bonus protection and/or protection recovery to your entire squad). In an early Empire squad, RT will protect your big 3 (Palpatine, Vader & Thrawn) with bonus protection. Later you'll be glad you started the farm early because you'll need an Imperial Trooper squad and if you don't start farming RT until you're ready to boost ImpTroops generally, RT will lag behind and you'll be tempted to give up. But RT is not only helpful for that early, half-formed Empire squad, it absolutely shines in an all-Imperial Trooper squad...but many people don't have the patience and didn't start RT early.

It's a little piece of advice, but when ready for an Empire squad, do start work on your Range Trooper promptly.
  • Guys which start will be better Separatists,First Order,or Phoenix?
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Guys which start will be better Separatists,First Order,or Phoenix?

Seps. Nute with geos minus GBA until you get the ability to farm GBA from cantina.
  • Everything everyone else has said is more important, but I'll add this:

I'm not telling you when you should start working on a solid empire team, but as soon as you do, make farming Range Trooper a high priority. RT is a regular energy farm on a low-cost node. it takes a good long time without refreshes, but the toon is incredibly worth it (as is any toon that provides bonus protection and/or protection recovery to your entire squad). In an early Empire squad, RT will protect your big 3 (Palpatine, Vader & Thrawn) with bonus protection. Later you'll be glad you started the farm early because you'll need an Imperial Trooper squad and if you don't start farming RT until you're ready to boost ImpTroops generally, RT will lag behind and you'll be tempted to give up. But RT is not only helpful for that early, half-formed Empire squad, it absolutely shines in an all-Imperial Trooper squad...but many people don't have the patience and didn't start RT early.

It's a little piece of advice, but when ready for an Empire squad, do start work on your Range Trooper promptly.

This may not still be the case with piett now being ftp farmable. Farming piett early may be even more important. I'm not sure what the best imp trooper line up is with piett yet. Range may still be worth it but piett adds pretty good damage to the early imp squad and make imp troopers amazing later on.

You definitely need veers, stark, and Piett for papa palps so they are worth farming early. Range is good but I would start the piett farm early and worry about range later.

Obviously you need ep, vader, and thrawn on an early empire squad. The last two I'd suggest are dark Bastilla and piett. Though early on I'd put the gear on tarkin first and use him for ships too.

The main thing about running an ep team is to keep the other team from going. So bonus protection isn't all that important. The added fear from dark Bastilla and emperor's trap offense do much more.

Now whether to eventually farm range for an imp trooper squad is another debate. Range is a good 4th or 5th. But so are shore trooper, death trooper, and snow trooper.

• Guys which start will be better Separatists,First Order,or Phoenix?

Seps. Nute with geos minus GBA until you get the ability to farm GBA from cantina.

For new players GBA farming?

I got the basic LS Princess,CW CHEWIE, Farmboy LS, Jedi Counselor, Clone Trooper AOE can barely reach 5 stars wtfact is wrong here?