F2P GL Progress - 2nd Batch

Replies

• I'm not F2P by any means, but I have spent $0 for this round of GL's. Currently only need to get Piett to 7 stars and R5 for SEE. All other requirements met without spending a dime. My crystal stash is a little low now however. I was in the same boat as Ultra. Was hoarding gear/crystals/relic mats and blew nearly the whole stash of all of it to get some of the previously ignored characters up to the required gear and relic levels.

Now if only Piett shards (77/85 currently) would show up in the shop.. At least this has helped me build my crystal stash back up lol.
  • Vader r5
    Palp r4
    Director krennic g11+5 7*
    Piet g10+5 4*
    Royal guard g8+5 7*

Maul g10+4 7*
    Sidious g12+4
    Dooku r4
    Sith marauder g8+5 7*
    Tie bomber 5* 48/85

Last update 17th Sept

All 7 stars expect piet

Vader r7
    Palp r7
    Krennic g12
    Piet g11 4*
    Royal guard g9

Maul g11
    Sidious r4
    Dooku r6
    Marauder g12
    Tie bomber 6*

Starck g11
    Veers g11
    Tarkin g11
    Thrawn r5
    Jka r4

Doing well on signal data still. Struggling with gear now big shortages in carbantis. But happy with my overall progress
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Progress towards luke, all that's left:

73r0j5gvgboa.png
  • nfc291itg340.png

Have 12k crystal stash I’ll probably drain on gear.... I should start getting shards at most 2 months after release
  • Farriot wrote: »
    nfc291itg340.png

Have 12k crystal stash I’ll probably drain on gear.... I should start getting shards at most 2 months after release

We are very similar. You might not want to drain your stash on gear since you are bottlenecked by the shards anyway. If you are in a rush, it might be a good idea to push Mon to where Chewpio is.

I don't plan to push, cuz during the shard period I'll be saving extra gear for the gl itself and palpy right afterwards. No stash.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I’m 15/15 today

Now saving energy
  • Farriot
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Farriot wrote: »
    nfc291itg340.png

We are very similar. You might not want to drain your stash on gear since you are bottlenecked by the shards anyway. If you are in a rush, it might be a good idea to push Mon to where Chewpio is.

I don't plan to push, cuz during the shard period I'll be saving extra gear for the gl itself and palpy right afterwards. No stash.

Oh yeah I won’t drain on gear until I get those shards.... I do all 100 crystal refreshes on MM so hopefully she finishes around the time Chewie... I guess I accept your challenge and now am determined to beat you in this race for JML :)
  • Farriot wrote: »
    nfc291itg340.png

Oh yeah I won’t drain on gear until I get those shards.... I do all 100 crystal refreshes on MM so hopefully she finishes around the time Chewie... I guess I accept your challenge and now am determined to beat you in this race for JML :)

You'll probably beat me by 1-2 weeks, cuz no stash. I'll update the process in the topic.

Though the 100 refill is prolly not worth it. I forgot the cost in shop per shard. If you are doing 50x for that last node refill, it costs you 150 crystals in total, 200 if doing the 100x refill. that's for 1.33 shards. The 150 assumption costs you 115 crystals per shard. I don't have any of the new toons in shop right now, so forgot their worth. But pretty sure it's cheaper that way.
  • 0sqdfj7pzdkc.png

And y-wing (64/85)
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    nfc291itg340.png

You'll probably beat me by 1-2 weeks, cuz no stash. I'll update the process in the topic.

Though the 100 refill is prolly not worth it. I forgot the cost in shop per shard. If you are doing 50x for that last node refill, it costs you 150 crystals in total, 200 if doing the 100x refill. that's for 1.33 shards. The 150 assumption costs you 115 crystals per shard. I don't have any of the new toons in shop right now, so forgot their worth. But pretty sure it's cheaper that way.

1280 for 16... which is 80 per... if I average 20% for my pulls the 200 crystals I spend for the 10 attempts would average out to 100 crystals per shard... you might be on to something..... I should be doing both!!!!!!!! LOL
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Argh I wrote a long message and it got lost. Anyway, tl:dr you have enough time, don't do 100 node refills and buy from shipments. They will be more than enough if you plan to wrap this up in 20+ days. Daily refresh, 25 and 50 refills give you 15 attempts=5 shards on long term average. You can calculate using that.
  • 11/15

just gotta relic level up jtr and r2, and I still need gear and shards for threepio and mm. My hope is to be ready on Halloween
  • I'm holding my crystal stash just in case. Still slow farming MM and chew3po.

Will be 13/15 in a few days. Few more weeks to farm the other two. Then to work on finishing palp
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I'm holding my crystal stash just in case. Still slow farming MM and chew3po.

Will be 13/15 in a few days. Few more weeks to farm the other two. Then to work on finishing palp

You going for Palp too?

The relic scrap needed makes me want to avoid him and work on other toons instead
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'm holding my crystal stash just in case. Still slow farming MM and chew3po.

You going for Palp too?

The relic scrap needed makes me want to avoid him and work on other toons instead

Yep definitely. I am not too bad for relics scraps at the moment.

I can see where you are coming from re: other toons. I reckon R7 bounty hunters could be fun or r7 full imperial trooper squad. My padme is still G12 and so far down the list despite her general usefulness
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    This threads about to explode today with GL progress.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Haha, not sure. Ultra will get it asap.
  • I'm just about to start being able to do the event for SLKR in about 2 weeks. I hesitated (as I always do) and wasn't going to grab a GL but decided to go ahead and try it out. I'm not going to be hesitant this time around and will be going for SEE.oblc66xjqvof.png
  • This threads about to explode today with GL progress.

Or not?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    One last update until unlocking the event. This goes to show how bottlenecks have shifted to new gear types. How's your run going @Ultra ?

hmygrswval11.png
    qi8tbh149jzr.png
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    1. I lost T3 of JML so I’m not confident I’ll have JML ready by GAC lock. I’m 150 shards short (T3)

2. I did my first purchase on the game (bought hyperdrive bundle) so I’m no longer eligible to give updates in these threads anymore
  • Ultra wrote: »
    2. I did my first purchase on the game (bought hyperdrive bundle) so I’m no longer eligible to give updates in these threads anymore
    I've heard you can always reclaim your F2P status if you stop spending.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I've heard you can always reclaim your F2P status if you stop spending.

Not in terms of this topic. "I didn't spend for this exact toon" doesn't qualify either. We are just gauging how far/fast can a 0$ player can push.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i did get 3 Galactic Legends without spending and I know there are others in the same boat so we'll see how far they go
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Yea, you have incredible progress. Wish you didn't drop the flag xD
  • Why did you buy the hyperdrive bundle? I didn't think it was that good for long term players
  • Why did you buy the hyperdrive bundle? I didn't think it was that good for long term players
    It's the best value pack (in terms of in game pricing), regardless of time spent playing.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Long done with gear needs and collecting kyros for JML himself. Shards should be done in 2-3 days as I have crystals to buy missing Mon shards.

j88gw0wiyt6f.png
    feit8k3twr58.png
  • ScoundrelRui
    805 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    q0vy2m4sxcpi.jpg
    Coming along ok for me.

Update: Just got sidious to g12
    Post edited by ScoundrelRui on
  • Got 3 GL now to work on SEE.

Unless I get really lucky with sith raid, I won't have the gear until next year