This is really bothering me...

Replies

• D4n040798 wrote: »
    People have quit playing SWGOH because of Jedi Knight Luke and the road ahead! I’m surprised you don’t see that as a bad sign for CG because they lost really good players and that’s less money they will make for the game! Now do you see my reason for whining?
    No.
    I’m not the one who needs common decency, CG needs it more than I do. There is no good balance with Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker if they don’t make him a Rebel just like in the movie, I want to tell them that what they did was a mistake and it really upset many players.

Giving him the Rebel tag may upset a lot of players too, especially if it makes him an uber-character that you have to have to stay competitive.

Older post showed you're not alone thinking he should have the rebel tag, but maybe they didn't make a mistake. Opinions and Wat Not ;)
  • Proof positive that interneters don’t want to be right, just agreed with.

Not everyone thinks the same about JKL. Can’t you understand that?!
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Right, i don't want him to be a Rebel. That's like giving him synergy with Old Republic - it's just too powerful. There need to be balance in the force and right now we're closer to it than we've been for a very long time.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • You are playing a holotable game in a cantina, not a Star Wars simulation. HTH.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    And no one gave you any authority over me so it’s not up to you to tell me to stop going on about this!! I’m not going to stop anyway until Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker has the Rebel tag like he should!!
    Try using “.” Instead of “!” From time to time.

Also, when people don’t agree with you, try not telling them they are out of their minds and wrong.
  • Shouting in all caps always helps
  • I didn’t realize individuals could purchase threads on forums. Way to be greedy, EA; charging us for the privilege of posting.
  • So the biggest thread ever on this forum with thousands of posts demanding action from cg got zero response from them. And you think a post or two in all caps once month will get their attention? Let me know how that works out for you.
  • Rant all you want, cg wont listen. Your call
  • Seriously, press caps lock again, your characters will go back to normal.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    One more:

4) Why do you care?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    How is it okay that Old Ben Kenobi gets the Jedi and Rebel tags but Luke only gets the Jedi tag with no Rebel synergies?
    D4n040798 wrote: »
    Does that seem like a good point to bring up?
    No, because you ignore the balancing aspect of a holotable game where you can field characters of different eras and affiliations in the same team. It's not lore accurate either to have Wat, GAS and Rey in the same team, nor should it be the moment you are playing a holotable game (again).

Rebels have a perfectly working team under CLS that doesn't need Luke. Rebel fighters have another fine team that don't need Luke as a rebel (there are already more than enough RF to pick from as it is).

So from the game and its balancing's perspective it's perfectly fine for Luke to synergize best with non-OR Jedi.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    How is it okay that Old Ben Kenobi gets the Jedi and Rebel tags but Luke only gets the Jedi tag with no Rebel synergies?

Points 1 & 2. You didn't even read my post, did you?

• I think you need to accept that it doesn’t take any sense. In a perfect world, JKL surely should have a rebel tag. Absolutely, it make sense from a lore point of view.

But you need to accept that “making sense” isn’t the only factor at play. They have decided that the tag would cause imbalance and so, sensibly or not, he isn’t getting it.

No point in arguing the “it makes sense” angle, because that’s not the deciding factor here.
    What proof do they have to back up the claim that a Rebel tag would cause imbalance?
    Reading kits combined with logic?
    How do they even know a Rebel tag would cause imbalance if they haven’t even tried it out yet? They could try a Rebel tag and see if they’re right or wrong about the balance issue. They could add Rebel synergies but keep Jedi’s Will and Heroes Arise reserved for non-OR Jedi allies. If that proves to be too much for the community, they could take out the Rebel tag and leave it at that. From what I can see, there hasn’t been any trial runs with the Rebel tag before Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker came to SWGOH. Is there any reason not to try it with the players and if there’s too much negative feedback, taking the Rebel tag back out and leaving him the Jedi tag?
    I appreciate that this is a stretch, given some of the bugs that have been features of recent releases, but I’m pretty certain they test things before release.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    I don’t have jkl, I don’t care about his synergy or lack of it.

I do know it doesn’t really matter as he doesn’t make Rey any harder to beat with slkr.

Just saying.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They won’t truly know whether the community would think a Rebel tag would cause imbalance or not if they don’t try it with the community. They gotta be willing to try things like this with the community as well, not just within CG. They need to try this with the community to truly know what their thoughts opinions are. Who knows, maybe after playing with this for a while, the community might feel differently about the balance and surprise CG. You never know if you don’t try.

They do not make balance decisions based on what the community thinks, they base it on internal testing, and as others have said, logic.

Also, from a company perspective it is never a good idea to give something and then take it away.
    Do you see the logic in what I am saying? Their thoughts and opinions shouldn’t be the only thing that matters here. They may be the one developing the game, but who plays the game more and gets the most enjoyment out of it, CG or the players?
    I’m still to see any evidence that anything like “the majority” of players want what you want.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I wasn’t saying the majority of the players would want what I want. I was merely saying that they shouldn’t add things to the game without having all of us test it and give our feedback first.

But then what is the threshold, how do they decide what to keep and what to not keep in game, simple majority?

How long do they wait, to get people to use it?

How do they get the feedback from "everyone"?

Let's just say that the majority of players luke being able to use a new thing introduced for free, but it beats something that was introduced not that long ago and was really expensive and limited to fewer players..... which group is the one you ignore?

In the case of JKL, when does this decision get made, as a majority of the player base doesnt have him yet???

If it's just the majority of the players who have the new item, how do they decide to remove something that is super powerful and the people who have them who like winning, say it's great.... do they keep it in game?

From my experience in any BETA, many times something is introduced and will come and be changed, then launched again, then possibly another round of testing and changes..... are you saying the whole community should be involved in this type of game play?

It becomes more of a job than a game at that point, and there ate many players who dont want to play a game like that.

Also, how do they do any sort of monetization of an new element when they know they are going to make changes based on feedback after its released??? Seems like a slippery slope to a lot of refunds....

What you ate talking about is a beta and they do this already, but it cant be done on a large scale for things like characters and game balance, it just doesnt work.
  • Jedi Luke is not a Rebel, because in the movies, he crowned himself a Jedi at the end, just before having his butt handed to him by a sith lord. So technically, Jedi Knight Luke didn't take part of any rebel action, because the only things he did was fleeing from the death star 2 and partying like an animal ewok-style. Ergo, not a Rebel. Arguably, a Pilot and an Ewok.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    None of this matters
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Of course it matters, because if you haven’t read my previous post, Luke did NOT stop being a Rebel IN Return of the Jedi, but rather BETWEEN Return of the Jedi AND The Force Awakens. Having saved the Rebels from Jabba the Hutt, gone with the Rebels to Endor on their mission to deactivate the shield generator, AND celebrated the Empire’s defeat with the Rebels, he is 100% a Rebel while also 100% a Jedi. Don’t you understand that?

No, he means what happened in "real life" Star Wars doesn't matter, because the tags are not a statement of lore. They are a tool to balance a holotable game in a cantina.

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Don’t any of you believe that good balance in this game can’t exist without good balance in the community? People have quit playing SWGOH because they don’t like or want Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker without a Rebel tag. Therefore that puts the community at an imbalance which isn’t good for the game at all.
    sounds like these players were on the edge and were looking for reason to leave
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lol OK.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker was the reason why they on edge and left.

I wonder if all 54 of his posts are from this one thread.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I wonder if all 54 of his posts are from this one thread.

There is at least 1 that is not. The 'load more replies' thing has been broken for a while though, so can't see farther back than a few weeks.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020

False. There would have been other things that made them leave besides JKL not getting a rebel tag.
    But Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker was the sole reason for people quitting the game.

Also false