Understarred Piett great on a Vader/EP team?

I know a few of the new characters/ships have utility even at low stars. Am I right in that Piett is going to be letting Vader stack offense multiple times during Merciless Massacre? That seems like great reason to drop a 4th or 5th character from an EP/Vader/Thrawn team.

Replies

• DarthGlovoc
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I think that you are right because Vader is empire and merciless massacre gives Vader bonus turns. I don't know for sure though because I have not invested anything in Piett yet.
  • As long as you have his unique zeta
  • Piett is very good in a palpatine-vader team, ideally palpatine-vader-thrawn-tarkin for maximum turnmeter shenanigans. But you do need both zetas in that case.

He is just leagues better with imperial troopers. But still very good as a 5th spot in a traditional empire team.
  • I think a low star piett works fine in an ep team with vader. But in most cases that is over kill. Against most teams if vader goes first and he's modded correctly he will one shot most characters after one round of merciless with or without piett in the team.

I take my vader against darth revan teams in gac. If my vader is faster, which he usually is with his bonuses in a full empire team, he uses merciless, one force crush, and saber throws Darth revan right away. Then he severely wound the rest of the team on his basic. To be honest the only thing you really need the rest of the team for is to ensure vader goes first.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    Piett is very good in a palpatine-vader team, ideally palpatine-vader-thrawn-tarkin for maximum turnmeter shenanigans. But you do need both zetas in that case.

He is just leagues better with imperial troopers. But still very good as a 5th spot in a traditional empire team.

How is he leagues better with imp troopers? Just asking as i have him 4* and was wondering what to do with him ;)
  • Lay_Z_23 wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Piett is very good in a palpatine-vader team, ideally palpatine-vader-thrawn-tarkin for maximum turnmeter shenanigans. But you do need both zetas in that case.

How is he leagues better with imp troopers? Just asking as i have him 4* and was wondering what to do with him ;)

His unique applies Emperor's trap on OOT attacks and on gained turns.

Imperial Troopers are king in taking infinite turns due to their turnmeter train once they score a kill.

And with Range Trooper, Piett's basic and Veers' Mass Assist, this gets stacked stupidly high. Veers, Starck, Piett, Shore and Rangetrooper have absolutely no problems hitting 30+ stacks in a typical pvp match.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    Lay_Z_23 wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »

His unique applies Emperor's trap on OOT attacks and on gained turns.

Imperial Troopers are king in taking infinite turns due to their turnmeter train once they score a kill.

And with Range Trooper, Piett's basic and Veers' Mass Assist, this gets stacked stupidly high. Veers, Starck, Piett, Shore and Rangetrooper have absolutely no problems hitting 30+ stacks in a typical pvp match.

And 30 stack equals 180% offense and potency, so you can see how suddenly the Troopers are doing some serious damage
  • Correct OP. I don't normally zeta low star and geared toons but this is one of those cases that it makes a huge difference.aqx6s8hlxffb.jpg
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Several youtube videos showcase low star Piett lead, Vader, Thrawn, Wat, and a fifth can take out high tenacity GL Rey teams
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Low star zPiett/zVader and others can take out GL Rey with Malak. He is crazy good in the meta right now.