Kyno wrote: »
    Stryde wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Riozoba wrote: »
    No kit reveal today.
    See you on the holotables
    never once saw a Dev "on the holotables"

Crumb plays.

I won't argue with you that Crumb has an account. I think "Crumb plays" is hyperbole though.

dbvpnt0wnczq.jpg

Marquee characters not unlocked, and Crumb's going to have a hard time getting JKLS even on the third go 'round (much less JMLS).

[Removed a big pic]

That is not his account.

Shouldn't we tell Lucifers Daddy that Crumb is using multiple accounts? After all, account sharing is a capital offense here, unilke, say, straight-up cheating.

since when is multiple accounts = to sharing, or even = to anything against the ToS.

yeah because cheaters are not punished..... its ok if you stop making things up now. thanks.

Please point to the part of my post where I say that cheaters are not punished. Or did you, maybe, make that one up?
    All I said was that cheating is not a capital (or, to avoid hyperbole and possible completely unintentional confusion, perma-bannable) offense. Which has been documented. And still not responded to by CG.

Correct as well as kyno stating "this is not his account" then trying to pass "multiple accounts." If it is just another account (alt) it's still "his" account and kyno was wrong saying it wasn't.

In all seriousness, it's probably a test account or something like that, so there is no issue with ToS. My first comment was just a semi-joking way to bring up a long-standing issue. Kyno reacted how he did so I responded in kind.

"Crumb has an alt account which he uses for photos and his real account contains many newer characters which shows his involvement in the game."

Which can be succinctly summed up by stating it’s not his account.

I guess being clear and explaining something goes over your head so please seek attention elsewhere

The point that seems to have gone over your head is that an inconsequential detail doesn’t require a lengthy explanation to satisfy a single attention seeker.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Stryde wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Riozoba wrote: »
    No kit reveal today.
    See you on the holotables
    never once saw a Dev "on the holotables"

Crumb plays.

I won't argue with you that Crumb has an account. I think "Crumb plays" is hyperbole though.

dbvpnt0wnczq.jpg

Marquee characters not unlocked, and Crumb's going to have a hard time getting JKLS even on the third go 'round (much less JMLS).

[Removed a big pic]

That is not his account.

Shouldn't we tell Lucifers Daddy that Crumb is using multiple accounts? After all, account sharing is a capital offense here, unilke, say, straight-up cheating.

since when is multiple accounts = to sharing, or even = to anything against the ToS.

yeah because cheaters are not punished..... its ok if you stop making things up now. thanks.

Please point to the part of my post where I say that cheaters are not punished. Or did you, maybe, make that one up?
    All I said was that cheating is not a capital (or, to avoid hyperbole and possible completely unintentional confusion, perma-bannable) offense. Which has been documented. And still not responded to by CG.

Correct as well as kyno stating "this is not his account" then trying to pass "multiple accounts." If it is just another account (alt) it's still "his" account and kyno was wrong saying it wasn't.

In all seriousness, it's probably a test account or something like that, so there is no issue with ToS. My first comment was just a semi-joking way to bring up a long-standing issue. Kyno reacted how he did so I responded in kind.

"Crumb has an alt account which he uses for photos and his real account contains many newer characters which shows his involvement in the game."

Which can be succinctly summed up by stating it’s not his account.

I guess being clear and explaining something goes over your head so please seek attention elsewhere

The point that seems to have gone over your head is that an inconsequential detail doesn’t require a lengthy explanation to satisfy a single attention seeker.

Lol whose the attention seeker? Hmmmm pretty sure your response proved it......

My proof is in the posts. Go back and look and don't hurt yourself in doing so.

Kyno had a vague statement which lead to a joke "accusing" of account sharing which lead to kyno being blunt and again not clear which lead to another response (saracstic having a go at kyno) where this hassle could have been avoided by being clear. So if you had some rationale thought you'd see that your comment is silly and definitely chiming in for the sake of chiming in and not adding anything intelligent to the thread.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ok guys for real this time... today is the day!

uek0fsnw2q02.png
    Hope you@TheRealNickEZ got one more “today’s the day” post left in you. Don’t quit now, you’ve come sooooo far!!

Bet we get mod info today....hopefully they don’t release it on Friday and go home for the weekend...it just invites disaster.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

uek0fsnw2q02.png

.... release it on Friday and go home for the weekend...it just invites disaster.

s6z5idc3bymd.png
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

uek0fsnw2q02.png
    Hope you@TheRealNickEZ got one more “today’s the day” post left in you. Don’t quit now, you’ve come sooooo far!!

Bet we get mod info today....hopefully they don’t release it on Friday and go home for the weekend...it just invites disaster.

What mod info? And not sure what you think they might release on Friday. Update is tomorrow. Absolute latest we'll get kits is 3:15PM Pacific tomorrow.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Eweff wrote: »
    I’m hoping that you’ll have to unlock the characters to see what their kits are

This has never been the case. Since whales will unlock them day 1 it's not like that would add suspense, but would only serve to kill any hype from new/midgame players. So both from a profit, hype, and PR perspective, that would make no sense.

Han Solo says never say never
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/31642/game-update-4-24-2016-part-1
    Han Solo
    Shards of Han Solo as he appeared in “Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope” will be available as rewards for completing the Heroic Tier of the Rancor Raid.
    Han Solo will be a Rebel, a Scoundrel, and an Attacker.
    The full details of Han Solo’s kit will be released once the first player unlocks him.
    The one detail known at this time is his “I Shoot First” ability. This ability allows Han to always shoot first one time at the start of battle

It was over a month before his kit was released
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/42772/han-solo-has-been-unlocked
  • scuba wrote: »

This has never been the case. Since whales will unlock them day 1 it's not like that would add suspense, but would only serve to kill any hype from new/midgame players. So both from a profit, hype, and PR perspective, that would make no sense.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/31642/game-update-4-24-2016-part-1
    Han Solo
    Shards of Han Solo as he appeared in “Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope” will be available as rewards for completing the Heroic Tier of the Rancor Raid.
    The full details of Han Solo’s kit will be released once the first player unlocks him.
    The one detail known at this time is his “I Shoot First” ability. This ability allows Han to always shoot first one time at the start of battle

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/42772/han-solo-has-been-unlocked

That was like the only exception ever though. If there is a preplanned event and they keep pushing the finish line back after other sources verify when the event happens the overall exciting and happy feeling eventually goes away and this just feels like another “chore” in the game to do instead of a thrilling unlock.

Which is the reason CG is completely out of touch with their players or at the very minimum tone deaf to situations they cause themselves.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Han Solo

That was like the only exception ever though. If there is a preplanned event and they keep pushing the finish line back after other sources verify when the event happens the overall exciting and happy feeling eventually goes away and this just feels like another “chore” in the game to do instead of a thrilling unlock.

Which is the reason CG is completely out of touch with their players or at the very minimum tone deaf to situations they cause themselves.

But the point is that @WookieWookie said NEVER.
  • Eweff wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Han Solo

But the point is that @WookieWookie said NEVER.

I see your point
  • So who's excited for Halloween?
  • If kit reveal doesnt come today then it comes the same day the toon comes in the game?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    If kit reveal doesnt come today then it comes the same day the toon comes in the game?

Correct.
  • If kit reveal doesnt come today then it comes the same day the toon comes in the game?

Unless they also postpone the event. Since we have no kit information the day before, it is entirely possible they are having issues. And issues often cause delays.

Unless they also postpone the event. Since we have no kit information the day before, it is entirely possible they are having issues. And issues often cause delays.

If only there was some way for them to tell us this. A way to transfer information from themselves to their players....something that would communicate....hmmmm
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If kit reveal doesnt come today then it comes the same day the toon comes in the game?

there are no current delays, as of yesterday....so things will arrive precisely when they were planned to arrive.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

there are no current delays, as of yesterday....so things will arrive precisely when they were planned to arrive.

No offense Kyno, but why do they take the time to communicate with you, then you have to regurgitate that info into a random spot in some threads when it would be a hell of a lot easier just to post the info themselves at the top of the forums? I don’t get it.
  • So who's excited for Halloween?

Not a fan of Halloween. I keep hoping the pandemic will just cancel it this year.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

uek0fsnw2q02.png

What mod info? And not sure what you think they might release on Friday. Update is tomorrow. Absolute latest we'll get kits is 3:15PM Pacific tomorrow.

This is the most likely scenario but updates don't *always* drop on Wednesday. And the Oct 7th date in the SW video could have been pushed, even if only one day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    So who's excited for Halloween?

Not a fan of Halloween. I keep hoping the pandemic will just cancel it this year.

:o Not a fan of Halloween? Are you a dentist? I'm very suspicious of you now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

No offense Kyno, but why do they take the time to communicate with you, then you have to regurgitate that info into a random spot in some threads when it would be a hell of a lot easier just to post the info themselves at the top of the forums? I don’t get it.

so you think they should have posted yesterday just to say there are no delays?

on this particular point, I just happen to be having a conversation with Crumb about something else and while we were talking he swept through a few points and happen to mention they are on schedule.

to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't care either way, but if me doing what i do allows the information to get out there, I am going to keep doing it.

can I ask, would you question @scuba the same way when he is trying to answer questions about game mechanics? because they could just as easily (if not easier) answer those questions, but instead he does his best to do so. Yes i know its not exactly the same as they dont tell him the answers he comes here with (at least not to my knowledge). I dont take offense....basically ever, but I would note that you would likely not do that.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

on this particular point, I just happen to be having a conversation with Crumb about something else and while we were talking he swept through a few points and happen to mention they are on schedule.

to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't care either way, but if me doing what i do allows the information to get out there, I am going to keep doing it.

can I ask, would you question @scuba the same way when he is trying to answer questions about game mechanics? because they could just as easily (if not easier) answer those questions, but instead he does his best to do so. Yes i know its not exactly the same as they dont tell him the answers he comes here with (at least not to my knowledge). I dont take offense....basically ever, but I would note that you would likely not do that.

to be fair, CG go to scuba to get their own questions answered
  • Kyno wrote: »

Everyone can say that, specially when they never told us a date, so obviously it's super easy to say they're on time
  • Kyno wrote: »

I'm just speculating. That's what we do when we have little to no solid information.

Could they still be planning to push the event tomorrow when they are still polishing some things out? Sure.

Could some of those issues cause a delay they are hoping to overcome? Sure

Could they also have everything ready and just be withholding the kit to mess with us because the forums getting all worked up entertains them? Sure.

Personally I'm still at least a month or so out from being ready so if it's delayed then I'll be ok with it and likely be entertained by the forum reactions.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Blake085 wrote: »

Everyone can say that, specially when they never told us a date, so obviously it's super easy to say they're on time

This. Give us more info instead or regurgitating something like “they are on time” with no specific dates, heck even saying it will come out this week would be at least something.
  • Blake085 wrote: »

Maybe they haven't given a date on the forums so if it isn't ready by tomorrow, they can pretend that it was always planned that way.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kyno said last week that it will come this week

Event is tomorrow so kit reveal is either today or tomorrow

personally, i'm feeling lucky about today
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno said last week that it will come this week

Event is tomorrow so kit reveal is either today or tomorrow

personally, i'm feeling lucky about today

But we have nothing official from the dev's so they could throw kyno under the bus if it ends up being delayed and claim that the official date was never this week and he was mistaken.

But like I said just speculating.
  • Anyone know how long these events typically run?
This discussion has been closed.