Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Was that the term they used? "Oceans of content"?

I honestly can't recall.

Either way, it's about to be one heck of an end to the year because they wouldn't go back on that promise right? I'm sure they've just been stockpiling content so they could release it all at once.

C'mon CG. I'm ready to drown in content. Hit me.

Endless wells

They used both terms in the past: “endless well” and “oceans” but one term was with respect to new characters and ships whereas the other term was for new content. I don’t remember which term went with which thing.

A: Vyeking
    Something I think we did not do well in 2019 was in the production of content. That will change in 2020. My focus is on shepherding the delivery of an endless well of fresh content through a system by which it is easier for us to make and deliver content. I want this content feature to be big, beautiful, and exciting. Stay tuned. In addition to features, we have an ocean of characters and ships planned. I am SUPER excited for 2020's character and ship content and I think you will be as well.

COOL!!! What game is that?!?!?! I wanna play that Star Wars game!!!! :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

I honestly can't recall.

Either way, it's about to be one heck of an end to the year because they wouldn't go back on that promise right? I'm sure they've just been stockpiling content so they could release it all at once.

Endless wells

They used both terms in the past: “endless well” and “oceans” but one term was with respect to new characters and ships whereas the other term was for new content. I don’t remember which term went with which thing.

For Context:

Q: What was your 2019 GoH highlight and what was something you think missed the mark? In 2020 is there something in particular you really want to nail?
    A: Vyeking - There are a lot of ways to answer this question and through many different lenses. I think designers would cite different highlights than engineers, artists, etc. As a studio, we think we are doing our very best when we release features or content that enrich your play experience, deliver a genuine Star Wars experience, and expand the game in a positive way.
    Creatively, I think we delivered great characters and ships in 2019 - both in terms of their design, positive impact on the game, and artistic beauty. There were also several positive, and important technological improvements in 2019, some of which were not readily visible outside the studio, but that provided important improvements. And, I believe we did a fantastic job with both Relics and the Journey Guide, and did so in a way that raised the bar in terms of authenticity, quality, play, and aesthetics.
    Something I think we did not do well in 2019 was in the production of content. That will change in 2020. My focus is on shepherding the delivery of an endless well of fresh content through a system by which it is easier for us to make and deliver content. I want this content feature to be big, beautiful, and exciting. Stay tuned. In addition to features, we have an ocean of characters and ships planned. I am SUPER excited for 2020's character and ship content and I think you will be as well.

This quote will be ignored and forgotten. I know from experience.

You should also post the one where they say new tiers on assault and new characters is not the content they were talking about.

It may be ignored by CG but it's practically a meme in 'lack of content' threads
  • CG doesn't want us to choke on our portions, and everyone knows you can't swim in this ocean of content for at least 30 months after eating your portions
  • There is more content on the discord servers and forums than in the game :lol: .
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    There is literally nothing to do
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    It is quite amazing that this game has existed for this many years, and still has so many days with nothing to do.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Eweff wrote: »
    It is quite amazing that this game has existed for this many years, and still has so many days with nothing to do.

A lot of old time players I've been with for years are quitting over this

I don't blame them. The game is surviving because those accounts are being bought and replaced with new spenders

If account transfers weren't a thing, the game's playerbase would've dwindled long ago. These are newer players that are buying maxed accounts that will be bored in a few months once they find out how boring it is at the endgame and the cycle will continue with newer players who haven't gotten a chance to play endgame etc.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »

That's literally wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »

A lot of old time players I've been with for years are quitting over this

I don't blame them. The game is surviving because those accounts are being bought and replaced with new spenders

If account transfers weren't a thing, the game's playerbase would've dwindled long ago. These are newer players that are buying maxed accounts that will be bored in a few months once they find out how boring it is at the endgame and the cycle will continue with newer players who haven't gotten a chance to play endgame etc.

This is very true. Ironically, one of the only things keeping this game alive is players breaking CG's TOS!
  • Looooki wrote: »

Wrong! We have omega battles today.
  • Eweff wrote: »

Do you want to know why it still exists? It's because of the whales.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Its probably more due to f2p, than whales. Whale only games make money, but are usually short lived. You need a large player base to keep a game going.

Also in before someone says we are both wrong and it's only due to being Star Wars. Any other IP wouldn't last.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Its probably more due to f2p, than whales. Whale only games make money, but are usually short lived. You need a large player base to keep a game going.

Also in before someone says we are both wrong and it's only due to being Star Wars. Any other IP wouldn't last.

The devs need money to make and run the game. They get money from people buying packs (p2p and whales). F2P players are f2p and don't spend money.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

The devs need money to make and run the game. They get money from people buying packs (p2p and whales). F2P players are f2p and don't spend money.

Whales pay to get ahead of players, there is no one to get ahead of without f2p.

we can do this all day. for a game to have a long life they need both and each needs the other.
  • YEAHHHHH!!!!!
    Jakku Omega Battles!
    I love this endless well of fresh content!
    Smash that sim button!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    And if an “ocean” of content fell in our laps today would any of you be ready.
    People don’t even have most of the factions ready for GC’s.
    Unless people all have the first 2GLs and are 100% ready for the next 2GLs I wouldn’t be putting a verbal pitchfork in the face of the devs.
    I do have the first 2GLs and am 99% ready for the next 2GLs and would love lots of new county but I even would like it introduced at a moderate pace. A ship raid with great rewards will help people work on ships more.
    All factions could have some special event for them. Yes even Jawas and tuskens. That would encourage people to work on the lower factions.
    Don’t make events with difficulty tiers that can’t be beaten with the actual factions required (looking at you Phoenix/NS)
    This game has sooooo many fixes that would be easy and money generators.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Sewpot wrote: »
    A ship raid with great rewards will help people work on ships more.
    All factions could have some special event for them. Yes even Jawas and tuskens. That would encourage people to work on the lower factions.
    Don’t make events with difficulty tiers that can’t be beaten with the actual factions required (looking at you Phoenix/NS)

Pretty Much this. Could you (CG), maybe make content for the mild/moderately developed rosters. Not every new thing needs to be end game material, relic/gear gated. Honestly if we could have more accessible content across the board, we could have more people able to catch up and grow their rosters.

I have both GL's I have enough energy saved up and gear and zetas to max them out the next 2 as soon as I farm those horrid tickets. What would be cool in my opinion would be to see some of those who are stuck get a dam lift. @Kyno said it, it's a mutually beneficial relationship. I don't mind spending, this is my hobby it's what I do, and if my moderate investments help fuel the thing I enjoy, I would rather do it for the community at large to benefit, because it helps the game, and me. The only thing that hasn't been provided is content, stop making the community create it (in the form of flaming CG relentlessly).

TW's and GAC are the same people and guilds all the time, why not create a road for others to catch up so I don't play the same 16 people for 3 months straight in GAC. Clearly the matchmaking is WAI and no intentions of adjustments so fine, let others not spend the ridiculous amounts of money I have to catch up and I can see some new faces and maybe enjoy new challenges.
  • Looooki wrote: »

I honestly can't recall.

Endless wells

For Context:

Q: What was your 2019 GoH highlight and what was something you think missed the mark? In 2020 is there something in particular you really want to nail?
    A: Vyeking - There are a lot of ways to answer this question and through many different lenses. I think designers would cite different highlights than engineers, artists, etc. As a studio, we think we are doing our very best when we release features or content that enrich your play experience, deliver a genuine Star Wars experience, and expand the game in a positive way.
    Creatively, I think we delivered great characters and ships in 2019 - both in terms of their design, positive impact on the game, and artistic beauty. There were also several positive, and important technological improvements in 2019, some of which were not readily visible outside the studio, but that provided important improvements. And, I believe we did a fantastic job with both Relics and the Journey Guide, and did so in a way that raised the bar in terms of authenticity, quality, play, and aesthetics.

Whose vyeking? Is he still working there?

@vyeking Nope

• Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Whales pay to get ahead of players, there is no one to get ahead of without f2p.

we can do this all day. for a game to have a long life they need both and each needs the other.
    I'm impressed a moderator thinks so. But was there a lot of help for f2p? =D
    Even Hyperdrive bundles helps new dolphins+
    There were no boosts for 'whole' playerbase
    Well, ok, some old legendaries gonna have lvl reduced but... the quantity of characters and gear crunch increases. The speed... not so much
  • I guess I’m not sure what players expect? This has been a complaint over the last two years. The new content they are putting out are the GL’s even though small number of players will get to play it.

Nope. Numerous times CG has stated that introducing new characters is not content. Content to them is raids, events, modes like GAC, TW, TB, etc. Not characters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Devian wrote: »

Well, ok, some old legendaries gonna have lvl reduced but... the quantity of characters and gear crunch increases. The speed... not so much

This game is already very F2P friendly, there is literally nothing that can't be gotten with just time put into the game. many F2P seem to be doing just fine and love the game.

this has been discussed before and there are points that have been good for F2P, and honestly, the thing about GLs is that they are good for F2P, they are long term goals sure, but seem to have a power base that is going to keep them in the top for a while, and keep them useful longer than most other end game toons. anything with a long shelf life is good for F2P. more "ROI" on the time invested.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    Unless people all have the first 2GLs and are 100% ready for the next 2GLs I wouldn’t be putting a verbal pitchfork in the face of the devs.

What? So we can't have new raids, new modes, new anything until everyone in the game has all the GLs and can do the GCs on auto? What are you talking about?

• Fhoenix wrote: »
    A ship raid with great rewards will help people work on ships more.

Pretty Much this. Could you (CG), maybe make content for the mild/moderately developed rosters. Not every new thing needs to be end game material, relic/gear gated. Honestly if we could have more accessible content across the board, we could have more people able to catch up and grow their rosters.

I have both GL's I have enough energy saved up and gear and zetas to max them out the next 2 as soon as I farm those horrid tickets. What would be cool in my opinion would be to see some of those who are stuck get a dam lift. @Kyno said it, it's a mutually beneficial relationship. I don't mind spending, this is my hobby it's what I do, and if my moderate investments help fuel the thing I enjoy, I would rather do it for the community at large to benefit, because it helps the game, and me. The only thing that hasn't been provided is content, stop making the community create it (in the form of flaming CG relentlessly).

TW's and GAC are the same people and guilds all the time, why not create a road for others to catch up so I don't play the same 16 people for 3 months straight in GAC. Clearly the matchmaking is WAI and no intentions of adjustments so fine, let others not spend the ridiculous amounts of money I have to catch up and I can see some new faces and maybe enjoy new challenges.

Making content for lesser geared rosters would be so nice. There’s nothing I hate more in this game than the regret I get from either gearing bad characters (like the ones needed for GLs) or looking at the bad characters that I geared years ago. It would nice to have something to do with that g8 to g11 section of my roster that was geared in 2017 and 2018.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Devian wrote: »

This game is already very F2P friendly, there is literally nothing that can't be gotten with just time put into the game. many F2P seem to be doing just fine and love the game.

this has been discussed before and there are points that have been good for F2P, and honestly, the thing about GLs is that they are good for F2P, they are long term goals sure, but seem to have a power base that is going to keep them in the top for a while, and keep them useful longer than most other end game toons. anything with a long shelf life is good for F2P. more "ROI" on the time invested.
    I do not mean GLs(or just them) nor do I mean 'I want everything right now'. No. What I mean is how the game progresses. For 5? years the quantity of characters and gear increases. Anything beyond g12 is 99% trash. Most of old characters are trash, yet the speed at which new player farms them is nowhere near as fast as the the speed of releasing new characters and gear. The pacing itself needs to adapt to the quantity of gear and characters player requires to get. Yes-yes, you can't have them all... but why are they so inclusive to just have old ones in g7-8?
    What so special about tuskens? Why are they so inclusive to farm. Yes you need Royal guard for Palpatine, but he is trash for most new players. Why the price over stunguns and carbantis is the same? It's not like new characters need only them as much as old ones. 'oltimers' have to farm relic and g12+ pieces and kyrotechs anyway
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member

What? So we can't have new raids, new modes, new anything until everyone in the game has all the GLs and can do the GCs on auto? What are you talking about?

j5le30moy7uf.png
    This is the bottom of my roster. If they made an event for tuskens with fantastic rewards I would be able to get them. All my other factions are ready for anything. I’m ready for any content plus new GLs. Are you?!
    I definitely want truckloads of content and I’m ready /or able to be quick.
    More frequency of events so we can acquire gear would be more helpful. Don’t need to work on junky factions to get a sprinkle of gear with these new events.

So if the devs dropped a mountain of new content on us would you stop focusing on you GL farming or focus on the new characters/ships needed for those events.
    And if you decide to go for the GL are you going to complain here that you can’t beat anything new that’s come out and they need to make F2P friendly events.

• Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    It's like to 'finish a game' you need X2 to X3 years each year. And for a new player it's like a 'dream' that never ends. It's hard to start with such a thought

j5le30moy7uf.png
    This is the bottom of my roster. If they made an event for tuskens with fantastic rewards I would be able to get them. All my other factions are ready for anything. I’m ready for any content plus new GLs. Are you?!
    More frequency of events so we can acquire gear would be more helpful. Don’t need to work on junky factions to get a sprinkle of gear with these new events.

So if the devs dropped a mountain of new content on us would you stop focusing on you GL farming or focus on the new characters/ships needed for those events.
    And if you decide to go for the GL are you going to complain here that you can’t beat anything new that’s come out and they need to make F2P friendly events.

What about F2P players like me who, despite not having a GL, are pretty proud of the rest of my roster and find nothing to do? If I have nothing to do but smash the sim button fifty times a day in various menus to farm characters I don't find fun to eventually get stuck in a relic grind for three months for a GL I don't like and *then* my want for new content is justified, why am I even playing the game? And from what I know of me and my friends and a lot of posts on the forum, this level of frustration is shared by a great many players, F2P or not. I shouldn't have to be *ready* for an ocean of content in terms of the numbers game, I should be able to judge if I'm *ready* by how incredibly dull my daily experience is, and how much even one new crumb of content would improve it.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    One day maybe we'll see some events for toons under G12/relics (go on, lock them out!), that give great rewards that could even be locked to those toons, so you gear them up. Something fun to do, and builds up your useless toons. We've all got a heap of toons with low gear that are utterly useless in the game.
    And every event seems to just reward those with the biggest rosters already.
    The game has been very quiet for a long time, and guild members are retiring through lack of content. Where's all the content promised? No point just adding more end game toons.
    If they made an event for tuskens with fantastic rewards I would be able to get them. All my other factions are ready for anything. I’m ready for any content plus new GLs. Are you?!

1. I've been playing for almost 4 years. Mostly F2P except for a window of spending that ended when they decided to throw the new raid in the "maybe one day" pile. Only toons not unlocked are GLs and KAM. So cool it with the mightier than thou attitude.
    2. What raid are they going to release that you can't use Gen Sky, Dralak, CLS, JTR, GG, Seps, Padme, JKL, etc. in? And why would they release a raid that only Tuskens can complete? (p.s. sucky raid if it only depends on tuskens, btw)
    3. Why would you believe they would make an event and tell you to throw out 4-7 million gp worth of your roster bc you can only use toon a, b, c, d, and e?
    4. By your ridiculous logic, CG can never create new content bc not all the players in the game have GLs and there is no point in time in which all players in the game will have GLs.

You never really answered my question. Unless you're telling me unlocking a GL gives you the oceans of new content they've been talking about which I know for a fact is nonsense :joy: you're really just wanting to show off your roster.