Kit Reveal Today?

Replies

• Straegen wrote: »
    Anyone know how long these events typically run?

Forever

After they release the event, it will be available once you meet the requirements in the Journey Guide at any time.
  • Ah so no window just run it when you unlock it... thanks.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Straegen wrote: »

Forever but advanced farming means you can get it quicker
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    So who's excited for Halloween?

Not a fan of Halloween. I keep hoping the pandemic will just cancel it this year.

:o Not a fan of Halloween? Are you a dentist? I'm very suspicious of you now.

haha. not a dentist. I mainly see Halloween as another example of my generation not learning how to be adults. 30 yr old men and women playing cosplay/ themed-family costumes / and so forth is kind of embarrassing when you really stop and think about it. Just let it be for the kids already.

Then there's the whole core Halloween themes (ghost stories, haunted houses, etc) that haven't ever resonated with me and seem to have grown a lot worse over the years. I don't remember nearly so many houses putting out Halloween decorations when I was a kid (maybe that was just the area I grew up) but regardless some of the decorations these days are pretty graphic. Witches, and skeletons, and cobwebs, and spiders and so forth could be done in a much more kid-friendly tone but everything just seems more aged-up like my generations feels like they should still own the holiday. Again, seriously, just let it be for the kids. End rant. lol

I love candy by the way (the good stuff though). Not the cheap stuff that mostly gets handed out for Halloween but I'm totally fine with that because my kids love it and then I'm less tempted to raid their candy. If I want candy for myself, I can just go out and buy it. I don't need a holiday for that.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    If kit reveal doesnt come today then it comes the same day the toon comes in the game?

Unless they also postpone the event. Since we have no kit information the day before, it is entirely possible they are having issues. And issues often cause delays.

there are no current delays, as of yesterday....so things will arrive precisely when they were planned to arrive.

No offense Kyno, but why do they take the time to communicate with you, then you have to regurgitate that info into a random spot in some threads when it would be a hell of a lot easier just to post the info themselves at the top of the forums? I don’t get it.

so you think they should have posted yesterday just to say there are no delays?

on this particular point, I just happen to be having a conversation with Crumb about something else and while we were talking he swept through a few points and happen to mention they are on schedule.

to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't care either way, but if me doing what i do allows the information to get out there, I am going to keep doing it.

can I ask, would you question @scuba the same way when he is trying to answer questions about game mechanics? because they could just as easily (if not easier) answer those questions, but instead he does his best to do so. Yes i know its not exactly the same as they dont tell him the answers he comes here with (at least not to my knowledge). I dont take offense....basically ever, but I would note that you would likely not do that.

Confirmation can go a long ways. As of right now, them being “on track” means nothing to us as we don’t really know what “on track” means.
    My question doesn’t just cover this particular topic, but all the topics that you get info from Crumb and then pass to us. I thank you for doing it and hope you continue for the long haul, but it still doesn’t make sense. The answer to a question the community wants to know is often buried in a thread four pages deep posted by you, so unless someone is following that thread carefully, they won’t know the answer and will most likely, post another thread on it.
    This could be avoided by Crumb fulfilling his role as a CM. A simple post stating that the event starts on the 7th along with the kit reveal, with a link to the video is not a hard post to write, besides, it would take a whole minute to accomplish. Instead we get this thread....with you answering several times “not today”. I just do not get the communication strategy at CG.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    If kit reveal doesnt come today then it comes the same day the toon comes in the game?

Unless they also postpone the event. Since we have no kit information the day before, it is entirely possible they are having issues. And issues often cause delays.

there are no current delays, as of yesterday....so things will arrive precisely when they were planned to arrive.

No offense Kyno, but why do they take the time to communicate with you, then you have to regurgitate that info into a random spot in some threads when it would be a hell of a lot easier just to post the info themselves at the top of the forums? I don’t get it.

on this particular point, I just happen to be having a conversation with Crumb about something else and while we were talking he swept through a few points and happen to mention they are on schedule.

to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't care either way, but if me doing what i do allows the information to get out there, I am going to keep doing it.

can I ask, would you question @scuba the same way when he is trying to answer questions about game mechanics? because they could just as easily (if not easier) answer those questions, but instead he does his best to do so. Yes i know its not exactly the same as they dont tell him the answers he comes here with (at least not to my knowledge). I dont take offense....basically ever, but I would note that you would likely not do that.

Confirmation can go a long ways. As of right now, them being “on track” means nothing to us as we don’t really know what “on track” means.
    This. Since we have been given no "official" information about timelines (vague or specific), in regards to the kit reveals or the event itself, on track, not delayed, etc., is fairly meaningless.

Similar to GC feedback at this point. But that's for a different thread.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    I’m seeing the exact same people who were last week defending 3rd party information releases, now complain about the confusion caused by 3rd party information releases
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

My question doesn’t just cover this particular topic, but all the topics that you get info from Crumb and then pass to us. I thank you for doing it and hope you continue for the long haul, but it still doesn’t make sense. The answer to a question the community wants to know is often buried in a thread four pages deep posted by you, so unless someone is following that thread carefully, they won’t know the answer and will most likely, post another thread on it.
    This could be avoided by Crumb fulfilling his role as a CM. A simple post stating that the event starts on the 7th along with the kit reveal, with a link to the video is not a hard post to write, besides, it would take a whole minute to accomplish. Instead we get this thread....with you answering several times “not today”. I just do not get the communication strategy at CG.

ok. i was posting to someone saying there could be delays, so by that logic then there couldn't be delays either. I dont know a date either, I only know what I was told. so i was expressing the information I knew as an answer to the question i responded to.

other than posting that Crumb said next week, have I actually said not today.

again, I do not know the date. I am not given specifics (or if i am its a day or maybe 2 early).

I dont know what to tell you, as far as I have ever experienced mods that have information are usually trying to give answers when they can. and yes sometimes it will be in a thread and not 100% visible to just anyone without a little searching. none of that seems to be odd to me on any level. especially when it comes to things like this, where 90% of the conversation is speculation.

its possibly they want people speculating and searching and doing other things to help create the hype. I dont know.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

ok. i was posting to someone saying there could be delays, so by that logic then there couldn't be delays either. I dont know a date either, I only know what I was told. so i was expressing the information I knew as an answer to the question i responded to.

again, I do not know the date. I am not given specifics (or if i am its a day or maybe 2 early).

I dont know what to tell you, as far as I have ever experienced mods that have information are usually trying to give answers when they can. and yes sometimes it will be in a thread and not 100% visible to just anyone without a little searching. none of that seems to be odd to me on any level. especially when it comes to things like this, where 90% of the conversation is speculation.

its possibly they want people speculating and searching and doing other things to help create the hype. I dont know.
    Ok guys for real this time... today is the day!

uek0fsnw2q02.png

Then you can’t post things like this. As we all know you talk to Crumb, so one can only assume that that meme means “not today” because Crumb told you so. Do you see how that can be confusing to us like-horaders?

Also, lol @ staying silent to create hype.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

uek0fsnw2q02.png

Then you can’t post things like this. As we all know you talk to Crumb, so one can only assume that that meme means “not today” because Crumb told you so. Do you see how that can be confusing to us like-horaders?

I guess that meme was a little more direct than I was going for, since everything we have heard is pointing to the 7th.

sure confusing might be a good way to put it, but I can't really help what others are confused about. I'm just trying to do what I can. Sorry if i confuse anyone about anything.

they have not been silent, we know a lot about what is coming and what is needed, just not the last little bit, which does create hype.

personally I dont care either way, once the event is open, it doesn't change where me or anyone stands on farming. the event will launch when it was planned and people will unlock one or the other as soon as they can or want to.

I guess some may lose an hour or so while pining over the kits to figure out who they want to go for, but I imagine many have made up their minds and will pursue the one they want or can get easier.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

uek0fsnw2q02.png

Or people need to stop assuming everything a Mod said is coming right from CG.
    Unless it is CG posting or saying something or a Mod Stating "CG told me this" then it is just that Mod's speculation and or joke like any other forum member. They ain't nothing special (except maybe @Sunnie1978 and @RJ__Brando )
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    Everyone can say that, specially when they never told us a date, so obviously it's super easy to say they're on time

Star Wars channel said october 7th

GL Events are always available in-game.
  • If they do that is just sad and at this point I am going to wait for the characters to come to SWGOH and I'll see the kit then
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

uek0fsnw2q02.png

Unless it is CG posting or saying something or a Mod Stating "CG told me this" then it is just that Mod's speculation and or joke like any other forum member. They ain't nothing special (except maybe @Sunnie1978 and @RJ__Brando )

But Kyno isn’t a mod...he’s the community manager. (Kidding...I know he isn’t...but he is)

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member

uek0fsnw2q02.png

But Kyno isn’t a mod...he’s the community manager. (Kidding...I know he isn’t...but he is)

CG doesn't have a community manager
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

uek0fsnw2q02.png

Ooof Crumb getting written out of the script.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Everyone can say that, specially when they never told us a date, so obviously it's super easy to say they're on time

"outside" channels have been wrong on dates and details before. If that was a concrete date, for....well,abything, it should/would be posted here as well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

"outside" channels have been wrong on dates and details before. If that was a concrete date, for....well,abything, it should/would be posted here as well.

But they still have like 10 whole hours before they're behind schedule, don't count them out yet! :D
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But they still have like 10 whole hours before they're behind schedule, don't count them out yet! :D

What schedule?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

As long as they make piett farmable tomorrow (I think he's due by then) they can delay the rest and I won't shed a tear.

You underestimate the power of Reddit knowing stuff before this forum does lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

uek0fsnw2q02.png

Yes they do. He's just not allowed to post anything that's not "approved".....plus, he has a hard time getting on the computer with the art department hogging it all the time.

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member

uek0fsnw2q02.png

Yes they do. He's just not allowed to post anything that's not "approved".....plus, he has a hard time getting on the computer with the art department hogging it all the time.

No, they have a person with the title of Community Manager. They do not have anyone that actually performs the duties of a Community Manager.
  • TVF wrote: »

What schedule?

The schedule that said the new GL's would be introduced to the game by tomorrow. Either a kit reveal or the actual event is due to be in-game tomorrow so there should be some sort of update or a general briefing over the upcoming content well-before the date that they themselves have tried to settle on. But they've got a whole ten hours left today, so obviously they are well prepared for a huge content drop tomorrow and will have communicated everything we need to know by tomorrow, like they always do...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I'm going to miss this thread tomorrow...or next week....or at Thanksgiving.

Or in February when they announce the next round of GL's and ignore all our questions for another six months again
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

new years or arbor day....
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Kyno, a volunteer, who has a real job separate from this, has more time to communicate with the community than the man whose actual job it is to manage the community.

OR

Kyno is like a loophole. Legally CG can’t say almost anything about the game they work on, but since Kyno isn’t technically CG they can leak things through him.
This discussion has been closed.