11449 posts Moderator
    Except Kyno doesn’t really say anything
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    He posts memes! And apologies.
    Literally everything that Kyno posts, if crumb posted it, I would feel better about. At least that way I know it’s someone who is actually responsible for it, saying “not today, sorry for any confusion.”
  • Eweff wrote: »

And does the job of community manager since CG would rather talk through him via five filtered down other channels
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Eweff wrote: »

And does the job of community manager since CG would rather talk through him via five filtered down other channels

or i just make stuff up and have never spoken to Crumb in my life.......

the plot thickens.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There was one time, I did. Shortly after which someone pointed this out and I got in a little bit of trouble for saying "too much".....
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

the plot thickens.

I like this storyline better. This isn’t even the official SWGOH forums. Kyno has been running this the whole time and somewhere out there there is an actual SWGOH forum with like 5 people on it.
  • Kyno wrote: »

the plot thickens.

True, I have no proof you're a reliable source at all. :D

the plot thickens.

I've seen you remove posts. So you must also be a hacker too
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

There was one time, I did. Shortly after which someone pointed this out and I got in a little bit of trouble for saying "too much".....

i think i know what this is about
  • Ultra wrote: »

i think i know what this is about

At this point with their policy on communication, I wouldn't surprised if anyone saying anything about any content period got in trouble for saying too much
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Everyone can say that, specially when they never told us a date, so obviously it's super easy to say they're on time

Star Wars channel said october 7th

"outside" channels have been wrong on dates and details before. If that was a concrete date, for....well,abything, it should/would be posted here as well.

But they still have like 10 whole hours before they're behind schedule, don't count them out yet! :D

What schedule?

The schedule that said the new GL's would be introduced to the game by tomorrow. Either a kit reveal or the actual event is due to be in-game tomorrow

Again, what schedule? Can you point me to it?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Everyone can say that, specially when they never told us a date, so obviously it's super easy to say they're on time

"outside" channels have been wrong on dates and details before. If that was a concrete date, for....well,abything, it should/would be posted here as well.

But they still have like 10 whole hours before they're behind schedule, don't count them out yet! :D

What schedule?

The schedule that said the new GL's would be introduced to the game by tomorrow. Either a kit reveal or the actual event is due to be in-game tomorrow

They announced on a podcast and several outside sources that the GL's would be introduced October 7th. That either means they are gonna be in-game, which would automatically reveal the kit, or the event would go live tomorrow in a best-case scenario.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

What schedule?

They announced on a podcast and several outside sources that the GL's would be introduced October 7th. That either means they are gonna be in-game, which would automatically reveal the kit, or the event would go live tomorrow in a best-case scenario.

The only place Oct 7th was announced was on a sw.com video which has been an unreliable source in the past.

What schedule?

The only place Oct 7th was announced was on a sw.com video which has been an unreliable source in the past.

Which just means they have a bad habit of falling behind schedule and pinning it on other sources anyway since they leak the info to those sources and then if it's false, no harm no foul
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

What schedule?

Which just means they have a bad habit of falling behind schedule and pinning it on other sources anyway since they leak the info to those sources and then if it's false, no harm no foul

Ok consider your goalposts successfully moved.

What schedule?

My point in general was making fun of the fact that they had ten hours left before they were "behind schedule." By saying that the schedule they have given isn't from a reliable source, my mockery of them is being supported because I doubt that they will take advantage of the day they have left and release any communication about the GL's. I never moved any goalpost, I was mocking them and you only cemented my mockery as legitimate by saying they can't communicate a schedule or deadline to save their life.

What schedule?

My point in general was making fun of the fact that they had ten hours left before they were "behind schedule." By saying that the schedule they have given isn't from a reliable source, my mockery of them is being supported because I doubt that they will take advantage of the day they have left and release any communication about the GL's. I never moved any goalpost, I was mocking them and you only cemented my mockery as legitimate by saying they can't communicate a schedule or deadline to save their life.

I think he was referring to CG moving the goalposts.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

What schedule?

Nope.

To be clear, I don't really care. "Behind schedule" is one of the sillier complaints on a forum full of silly complaints. It makes zero difference to me if it's today, tomorrow, or next week.

What schedule?

That’s the overall problem. There’s no schedule. There’s no anything available to us. If their silence is to “create hype” then they’re succeeding in doing the opposite as it only miffs people rather than hyped them. Hype is going “hey look at this kit and how amazing these GL’s will be!”
    Hype is setting a date for the event to launch to get people excited for the upcoming date and would then induce spending for panic farms, grind finishes, etc.

Utter silence is the ultimate hype killer. Who do they think they are? Michael Jackson at Superbowl 27? Pffft. They’re their own worst enemy

What schedule?

Nope.

To be clear, I don't really care. "Behind schedule" is one of the sillier complaints on a forum full of silly complaints. It makes zero difference to me if it's today, tomorrow, or next week.

The problem with that logic is that it's based on your opinion somehow outweighing an active forum thread of people who obviously do care whether the communication is today, tomorrow, or next week.

What schedule?

Nope.

I don't really care either. A month or so delay is more beneficial to me anyway. I mostly started the delay comments to troll a little since it's a slow day.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

What schedule?

That’s the overall problem. There’s no schedule. There’s no anything available to us. If their silence is to “create hype” then they’re succeeding in doing the opposite as it only miffs people rather than hyped them. Hype is going “hey look at this kit and how amazing these GL’s will be!”
    Hype is setting a date for the event to launch to get people excited for the upcoming date and would then induce spending for panic farms, grind finishes, etc.

Utter silence is the ultimate hype killer. Who do they think they are? Michael Jackson at Superbowl 27? Pffft. They’re their own worst enemy

I enjoy when people claim they know how to make a business more money with no information to base it on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

What schedule?

again, they have not been silent. we know enough to talk about it, and the hype is the talk. if you want people to talk about something, and they are talking about that thing, questioning or looking it up....i think that means you are doing something right. if that is what they are doing.....or maybe not. i dont know.

What schedule?

again, they have not been silent. we know enough to talk about it, and the hype is the talk. if you want people to talk about something, and they are talking about that thing, questioning or looking it up....i think that means you are doing something right. if that is what they are doing.....or maybe not. i dont know.

Yeah you're exactly right, but when the questioning, talking, and looking it up leads to "there is no information, be hyped," that's not exactly hyping me up for anything.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

What schedule?

But we are not talking about the new GL’s...we are talking about communication and the lack thereof....which is not hype.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    If they wait sufficient time longer with release i can get both new galctic legends at the same time.

Which would be nice.
    And as CG is so nice it will be next year, somewhere in the middle of next year, i think.

Nah there's no special occasion next year to force them to be nice. Maybe for the tenth anniversary in 2025 though
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    If they wait sufficient time longer with release i can get both new galctic legends at the same time.

Which would be nice.
    And as CG is so nice it will be next year, somewhere in the middle of next year, i think.

200.gif
  • Today
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
This discussion has been closed.