CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2020
[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]
pvxdu8qr3and.jpg

UNIT NAME: Sith Eternal Emperor
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Galactic Legend, Sith
Cunning Emperor of the Sith that eliminates his enemies with the overwhelming power of the Dark Side

ABILITIES:

Basic: (ZETA) Deception
4jc3n1yza4nj.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy. If that enemy wasn't Deceived, they become Deceived for 2 turns, increased to 3 turns if they are a Jedi. Deceived can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. Sith Eternal Emperor gains Speed Up for 2 turns. This ability can't be countered.

Deceived: Can't target Sith Eternal Emperor during their turn if another Sith enemy is active; when an ability is used, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 2% Ultimate Charge

Special 1: (ZETA) So Be It, Jedi (Cooldown 3)
ytwv2g6c16n7.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and call all other Dark Side allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage for each Deceived enemy. Dark Side allies recover 50% Protection. Jedi enemies defeated this turn can't be revived.

Special 2: (ZETA) Unraveled Destiny (Cooldown 6)
liiyn6f9haq0.gif
FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies gain Retribution for 3 turns, and Dark Side Tank allies gain Taunt for 2 turns. Remove Linked from all enemies. Then, target enemy becomes Linked until a Linked enemy is defeated or until the end of encounter. Sith Eternal Emperor gains the granted ability Entwined Fate and takes a bonus turn.

During this bonus turn, Sith Eternal Emperor may only use Entwined Fate, can't be ability blocked, ignores taunt effects, and may not target a Linked character.

Linked: This character is Linked

Entwined Fate: Target enemy becomes Linked. This ability is removed and can't be used again until Unraveled Destiny is used.

Leader: (ZETA) Sith Eternal

FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies have +25% Mastery, +30% Potency, and +20 Speed, doubled for Sith allies.

Whenever a Deceived or Linked enemy uses an ability, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 10% Mastery (stacking) until the end of encounter and other Sith allies gain half that amount. Whenever a Linked enemy uses an ability, Sith Eternal Emperor gains 8% Ultimate Charge.

Whenever a Sith ally is defeated, dispel all debuffs on other Sith allies and they recover 100% Health and Protection. Sith allies can't be revived, and they ignore defense when targeting a Jedi enemy.

Unique 1: (ZETA) Sow Discord

FINAL TEXT: Sith Eternal Emperor is immune to taunt effects and Turn Meter reduction. Deceived enemies can't counter attack, and Deceived Rebel and Jedi enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter.

At the start of Sith Eternal Emperor's turn, if no enemies are Deceived, the weakest Light Side enemy becomes Deceived for 2 turns. Whenever a Deceived enemy uses an ability, their weakest ally without Deceived becomes Deceived for the max duration Sith Eternal Emperor could inflict on them (limit once per turn), and Sith Eternal Emperor recovers 2% Protection. Deceived can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

At the start of each Linked enemy's turn, Linked enemies lose 20% Max Protection, quadrupled for Jedi, and Sith Eternal Emperor gains 25% of the amount lost. Linked raid bosses instead gain Expose for 2 turns, which can't be resisted.

Linked enemies can't critically hit, and damage they deal is decreased by 25% (excludes Galactic Legends).

Unique 2: (ZETA) Galactic Legend

FINAL TEXT: This unit takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects and massive damage effects. They take massive damage from destroy effects (excludes raid bosses) and are immune to stun effects.

This unit has +10% Max Health and Max Protection per Relic Amplifier level, and damage they receive is decreased by 30%.

Ultimate: I Am All The Sith (Must charge to 100% before use)
xr1axazdu3px.gif

FINAL TEXT: Sith Eternal Emperor gains 2% Ultimate Charge whenever a Deceived enemy uses an ability. If Sith Eternal Emperor is the leader, he also gains 8% Ultimate Charge whenever a Linked enemy uses an ability.

Sith Eternal Emperor gains Mastery equal to his current Mastery until the end of battle and transforms into Sith Eternal Emperor (Restored). If he is the leader, all other Dark Side allies gain Mastery equal to their current Mastery until the end of battle. Remove Deceived from all Deceived enemies and inflict Deceived until the end of encounter on those enemies, which can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted.

When Sith Eternal Emperor transforms, he loses the abilities Deception and So Be It, Jedi and gains two new abilities.

[Basic] Revitalized Shock: Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Shock for 2 turns, which can't be copied or dispelled. This attack deals 150% more damage to Deceived Light Side enemies. If the target was already Deceived, reduce the cooldown of Power! Unlimited Power! by 1 for each Deceived enemy. This attack can't be evaded.
9gqypkba6h0v.gif

[Special] Power! Unlimited Power!: (Cooldown 20)
Instantly defeat Linked enemies and deal Special damage to all enemies. Then, dispel all buffs on Deceived enemies and deal Special damage to them. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. This attack can't be evaded.
85er8cul65ix.gif
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• mpdmonster
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Much more powerful than previous GL's

12/12/20:
    Wow I was so incredibly wrong. Please balance the GL's and make SEE equal to the others. He really did sound amazing on paper but when we actually got him he was a complete disappointment. He is decent on offense (not much better than any other GL) but is garbage on defense. He is countered by way too many things especially when compared to other GL's. His raid viability is garbage and he does not even have synergy with his own faction. For example he does protection recovery on a health based faction. He also stops Sions revives, and sith faction in general are about control yet the released jedi have more debuffs and control than he does. Deceived doesn't do anything except "cant target me" that's a pure throw allies under the bus. Another huge flaw with his kit is that he can never get to his ult if he is soled. He can not link one enemy and this causes massive issues in his defensive viability. I linked a video down below talking about just how garbage SEE is.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=NEd-SUqs46Y
    Post edited by mpdmonster on
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    So despite being "Sith Eternal EMPEROR" (check out the big word in the picture in the OP), this character does not have the Empire tag?

.. okay ...
  • I only wish he had an ability called “Do it”
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    "Good, Good"
  • After reading Palp kit and Luke kit,it will be Kylo and Rey all over,but now Kylo will be the top dog from the beginning
  • [Special] Power! Unlimited Power!: Instantly defeat Linked enemies and deal Special damage to all enemies. Then, dispel all buffs on Deceived enemies and deal Special damage to them. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. This attack can't be evaded.

What is the cooldown on this ability?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    So despite being "Sith Eternal EMPEROR" (check out the big word in the picture in the OP), this character does not have the Empire tag?

.. okay ...

Great point. I love using Sith Empire under Thrawn and Piett.
  • So the goal of this kit is hide him on the back behind tanks and he is a time bomb before he destroys everyone. The kit specified that he can’t be targeted by a character with deception how does that interact with JKR putting direct focus on SEEP? Will this be able to target him because of the direct focus or will they still not be able to because of deception?
  • As he is immune to taunt effects.... yeah...
  • Sith Eternal Emperor's Ultimate Ability animation is by far the coolest of all of them.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    He is immune to taunt effects. Can’t be marked, deathmarked or have taunt applied.
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    As he is immune to taunt effects.... yeah...

Direct focus is different than a forced taunt. Same basic effect but technically a different debuff
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »

.. okay ...

Great point. I love using Sith Empire under Thrawn and Piett.

But his kit specifically mentions rebels for some reason.

Direct focus is different than a forced taunt. Same basic effect but technically a different debuff

It's still a taunt effect.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Sith Eternal Emperor's Ultimate Ability animation is by far the coolest of all of them.

Really? It happens in the dark and you barely see any changes. It’s the least cool animation in my opinion. For me it’s JML that has the coolest, followed by SLKR.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

That’s why it says taunt effects, plural. Marked is a taunt effect.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    During this bonus turn, Sith Eternal Emperor may only use Entwined Fate, can't be ability blocked, ignores taunt effects, and may not target a Linked character.

I hope the game doesn't do a soft lock when there is only one enemy unit left and AI uses Unraveled Destiny and has no one else to link
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/0fef36ccc1845fb2eb5b4117b01cde7c/tenor.gif?itemid=134179731uq5yvrc5ok3.gif

It’s everything I ever dreamed it could be...

Blocking Sion’s revive and then putting him as a recommended ally is a little bit of a blow, but it doesn’t look like he’ll need it.
  • This looks stupid OP. Ridiculous.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This looks stupid OP. Ridiculous.

looks can be deceiving. I'm pretty sure this has been uttered in many kit releases and still seems to work out in the end with counters and the ability to be beaten.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and call all other Dark Side allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage for each Deceived enemy. Dark Side allies recover 50% Protection. Jedi enemies defeated this turn can't be revived.
    FINAL TEXT: Dark Side allies gain Retribution for 3 turns, and Dark Side Tank allies gain Taunt for 2 turns. Remove Linked from all enemies. Then, target enemy becomes Linked until a Linked enemy is defeated or until the end of encounter. Sith Eternal Emperor gains the granted ability Entwined Fate and takes a bonus turn.

Loving the Dark Side alignment synergy here, like the previous two galactic legends

His lead is insane, unlike SLKR, he keeps increasing his teams mastery

I think SEE has the potential to be the best of the four Galactic Legends.

His ultimate is so good and he has strong anti-Light Side and Jedi synergies baked into him

Honestly, JML might end up getting a few buffs because his meta standing looks pretty bad going by his kit
  • Why mention Jedi & Rebels as enemies and not Resistance? They are who he’s fighting in the end.

It doesn't work on SLKR who has the same description about being immune to taunt effects.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I hope the game doesn't do a soft lock when there is only one enemy unit left and AI uses Unraveled Destiny and has no one else to link

its probably AB when there is only 1. much like Reys special, when no one has dropped below 60%
  • ccabezas93
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    What happen with Unlimited Power against Linked raid bosses?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So my assertion based on that podcast was right. SEE pretty much kills everyone while JML gives some buffs. So glad that I went for light side again...
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    So the Emperor does not have synergy with his own Empire units?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    So my assertion based on that podcast was right. SEE pretty much kills everyone while JML gives some buffs. So glad that I went for light side again...

Dark Side for life!
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    He doesn't have any Empire units.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    every time i read his kit i have to read it again because there are tons of details i end up forgetting by the time i reach the end of the post