Kit Reveal: Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    we are getting a ship debuff on a charatcer... interesting.

what does breach do again though?

its character specific. even on the ships it doesn't have one meaning. I will ping them for it to be seen here.

I thought Breach itself was just - 25% Speed and -25% Defence? Then kits add other effects to Breached enemies?

correct, I was wrong. it just has those effects. the speed and defense.

Didn't it include dodge chance somewhere?

Hound's Tooth reduces the evasion of Breached enemies by 25%
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Timeout mirrors incoming and the dark counterpart sounds much better. Where have I seen that one already?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Timeout mirrors incoming and the dark counterpart sounds much better. Where have I seen that one already?

At least its not one meta anymore. You can swap in your second GL. The trick is to make defensive teams that some players close to your payout don't have the depth against
  • How did the graphic for "Indomitable Blast" pass through approvals at CG with "Indomitable" spelled wrong? C'mon, guys.
  • And I thought Jkl had a complex kit...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    @CG_SBCrumb any chance we can get a in-game UI about each toon's mastery and stat boost?

Would love to see how much base protection JML has numerically after his ultimate etc without doing a long roundabout number crunch
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

At least its not one meta anymore. You can swap in your second GL. The trick is to make defensive teams that some players close to your payout don't have the depth against

Timing out against Rey is no better than timing out against JML. Getting wrecked by Kylo is no better than getting wrecked by SEE. The best I can hope for is that some semi-reliable counter will emerge, like it did against Kylo.
  • So he just waves his hand for every single attack?
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Just to be clear, if you call Hoda to assist with inherited teachings, does he still do the true damage? I would assume so, but it would be nice to know.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Now it's time to rework some jedi and make them viable so we don't need to use JKR, JKL, HY (rip SLKR counter) and GAS (rip GAS 501st) or a comparable mash up of top tier Jedis to beat a rather "cheap" SEE + sith tanks team.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • What’s the deal with saying he inflicts tenacity down on raid bosses but Sith said clearly saying no?!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Now it's time to rework some jedi and make them viable so we don't need to use JKR, JKL, HY (rip SLKR counter) and GAS (rip GAS 501st) or a comparable mash up of top tier Jedis to beat a rather "cheap" SEE + sith tanks team.

I think, after a lot of reflection, JML is very strong, if not, the strongest of the four Galactic Legends imo

The current lot of Jedi are fine, you just need a good depth and creativity

I'm looking at JML as if he's restructuring and shuffling an existing Jedi Team (JKR / JKL) rather than breaking it apart but you can just as easily make a third jedi squad using leftover jedi and still have a solid team on defense or offense

EDIT: I think he can't solo the sith raid but the raid aside, he's the best of the four galactic legends
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    What’s the deal with saying he inflicts tenacity down on raid bosses but Sith said clearly saying no?!

Making sure that Rancor gets slammed into oblivion!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • When it says they ignore taunt, does that include taunt-like effects such as Marked?
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    When it says they ignore taunt, does that include taunt-like effects such as Marked?

Yes
  • So let me get this straight.

JMLS's entire kit is based around his max protection.

And SEE does 80% Max Protection reduction to 2 Jedi every time they take a turn.

Where is Luke's insane anti-Sith power at? Everything in SEE's kit has bonus effects against Jedi and Luke has nothing? How is this supposed to make a balanced meta? The only viable light side meta team right now is Rey + 4 Jedi. Luke is going to take the same 4 Jedi from her and get absolutely stomped by SEE with some random 3 year old Sith tanks and leave Rey to get stomped by Vader... and we lose the 3 next best Light Side teams out of the deal because their leaders are all under Luke for him to be viable?

What the hell, CG?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    JML takes reduced damage from % effects, such as SEE's 80% max protection damage
  • Draeth
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    JML takes reduced damage from % effects, such as SEE's 80% max protection damage

He takes "reduced damage from percent Health damage effects." Doesn't say a thing about Protection, and SEE doesn't do percent Protection damage regardless. "Linked enemies lose 20% Max Protection, quadrupled for Jedi." Reduction of Max is not damage.
  • If you look at his basic, specials, and lead a bit you’ll find that they copied and pasted jkls kit and just changed/beefed it a little
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Well it seems they take absolutely no lessons from rey slkr disaster and do the same again.

Luke is a joke and see will crush everyone. Nice.

At least pretend to have balance and give some anti sith abilities to luke for god sake

And adding to that, see requirement are an absolute joke compares to luke.

This is pathetic
  • InTheIce
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Why Special 2 Efflux looks like single target skill according to animation, while Basic:Indomitable Blast looks like AOE? Could this be a mistake in the post?
  • Anybody else notice that the animations are swapped for efflux and his basic?
  • @Ultra care to provide the reasons why you think JML will be the best GL? I'm going for him so looking for some positive thoughts... because after reading through both kits a couple times, SEE seems like he was built specifically to counter JML.

I do understand that kits on paper vs how they interact in the wild can be different then initially perceived. Which is what I hope is the case here.
  • Developer's insight said: "Activating Luke’s Ultimate provides the squad with a new buff, Jedi Legacy". It's not in the kit, I guess it's a typo ?

If so, that may be how Luke will kick some Emperor's behind. All jedis having boost offense and ability to bypass Taunt ? Depending on how Deceived is spread, if Luke transforms first and Palp did not, bye-bye Granpa. I guess we'll see in action.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    This is the only Galactic Legend that doesn't prevent revives

Would be cool to see Nightsisters return in some form to make a counter team

EDIT: UGH JML mirrors will have Jolee

GAS lead!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Developer's insight said: "Activating Luke’s Ultimate provides the squad with a new buff, Jedi Legacy". It's not in the kit, I guess it's a typo ?

If so, that may be how Luke will kick some Emperor's behind. All jedis having boost offense and ability to bypass Taunt ? Depending on how Deceived is spread, if Luke transforms first and Palp did not, bye-bye Granpa. I guess we'll see in action.

@Starslayer

Buff listed at the bottom.

a4i9jh9eseh0.jpg
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Developer's insight said: "Activating Luke’s Ultimate provides the squad with a new buff, Jedi Legacy". It's not in the kit, I guess it's a typo ?

@Starslayer

Buff listed at the bottom.

a4i9jh9eseh0.jpg

It doesn't say that the squad gets the buff though. That's what I meant ;)
    Jedi lessons are dispelled but not replaced by anything.
  • Can I get confirmation re:whether Jedi Lessons is a normal buff that can be dispelled, and whether buff immunity would prevent it? Or is it a blue buff?
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    Luke is a joke and see will crush everyone. Nice.
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    @Ultra care to provide the reasons why you think JML will be the best GL?.
    To be fair, "Inherited teaching" sounds insanely OP. All jedi ally gaining a ability on a ridiculously small 2-turn cooldown that inflict true damage equals to 60% of JML base max protection? That's brutal. Pump up JML to R7 so you can max his prot and steamroll any opposition while he soak up the damage. Any jedi instantaneously become murder machines.

SEE may be a counter to JML (I agree it kind of reads like it on paper, but that remain to be see, I guess it will depends whether or not Jedi can simply curbstomp him fast enough) but JML is likely to crush any other team with ease, probably doing a better job, especially defensively, than SEE: I can't really see the AI playing SEE smartly enough to make full use of his kit in defense. On the other hand, JML kit is simply enough for AI to makes him a formidable wall in GAC, Arena or TW, more than SEE.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    @Ultra care to provide the reasons why you think JML will be the best GL? I'm going for him so looking for some positive thoughts... because after reading through both kits a couple times, SEE seems like he was built specifically to counter JML.

I do understand that kits on paper vs how they interact in the wild can be different then initially perceived. Which is what I hope is the case here.
    Efflux: 25% (min) ~45% (max) AOE TM reduction, -25% speed AOE, +15% TM Gain for team

JML can spam this attack on every second turn after his ultimate which is like an infinite loop at that point if you don't have a Galactic Legend of your own and given how fast GLs are

JML is also a taunting GL, just like GAS, its extremely difficult to bypass a tank with a taunt that cannot be dispelled, so in GAC or TW, it will be difficult to kill the sides, so supports are going to last a lot longer compared to GL Rey, SLKR, SEE

The other issue is the healing in the team, especially with JKR, you can't zerg this team. With Rey, you can at least 2 shot the team, same with SLKR, with JML, the team is almost always going to be decked out at max health and protection after every battle

Given how frequently JML taunts, and you can't easily bypass his taunt outside of AOE spamming, its also likely, JKR's savior will proc on JML so you essentially have to kill him twice

So you have a Jedi team that is constantly getting lots of Turn Meter (Hoda, Efflux, Bariss, Bastila's Battle Meditation, JKR's TM Swap, etc). They also get inherited ability that can make someone like Bariss hit like a freaking monster truck

The biggest flaw with SEE is that Crumb emphasizes on having at least 3 to 4 tanks, that is more tanks recommended than SLKR. There is no power in a team full of tanks other than SEE himself, so you can 2-3 shot him by taking out the tanks and then bursting SEE

SLKR has a jedi counter, and Rey has lots of counters of her own. Rey's biggest issue as a defensive team is that you can keep Rey ability blocked while you take out the rest of the team. Vader's MM, and JKR's savior aside, there is no real way to avoid JML's taunt and those two are very expensive toons to burn to take out one toon

In arena, Rey, SLKR, SEE are pretty good, but in GAC, where you want as much holds as possible, its very difficult vs JML, who full heals and recovers protection of the entire team, and can also include Jolee Bindo, which forces a GL counter on offense, while a person with JML can set all his GLs on defense without any problems or worst case scenario, save Rey or SLKR to take out opposing SEE