Kit Reveal: Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Developer's insight said: "Activating Luke’s Ultimate provides the squad with a new buff, Jedi Legacy". It's not in the kit, I guess it's a typo ?

If so, that may be how Luke will kick some Emperor's behind. All jedis having boost offense and ability to bypass Taunt ? Depending on how Deceived is spread, if Luke transforms first and Palp did not, bye-bye Granpa. I guess we'll see in action.

@Starslayer

Buff listed at the bottom.

a4i9jh9eseh0.jpg

It doesn't say that the squad gets the buff though. That's what I meant ;)
    Jedi lessons are dispelled but not replaced by anything.

It's there, listed in the stuff granted to the jedi
    44aj3adas7kz.jpg
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Developer's insight said: "Activating Luke’s Ultimate provides the squad with a new buff, Jedi Legacy". It's not in the kit, I guess it's a typo ?

If so, that may be how Luke will kick some Emperor's behind. All jedis having boost offense and ability to bypass Taunt ? Depending on how Deceived is spread, if Luke transforms first and Palp did not, bye-bye Granpa. I guess we'll see in action.

@Starslayer

a4i9jh9eseh0.jpg

44aj3adas7kz.jpg

Thx, missed it then ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@Starslayer

a4i9jh9eseh0.jpg

44aj3adas7kz.jpg

Thx, missed it then ;)

Me too, wasn't until I started asking Crumb to fix it did I see it in there.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    @Ultra care to provide the reasons why you think JML will be the best GL? I'm going for him so looking for some positive thoughts... because after reading through both kits a couple times, SEE seems like he was built specifically to counter JML.

I do understand that kits on paper vs how they interact in the wild can be different then initially perceived. Which is what I hope is the case here.
    Efflux: 25% (min) ~45% (max) AOE TM reduction, -25% speed AOE, +15% TM Gain for team

JML can spam this attack on every second turn after his ultimate which is like an infinite loop at that point if you don't have a Galactic Legend of your own and given how fast GLs are

JML is also a taunting GL, just like GAS, its extremely difficult to bypass a tank with a taunt that cannot be dispelled, so in GAC or TW, it will be difficult to kill the sides, so supports are going to last a lot longer compared to GL Rey, SLKR, SEE

The other issue is the healing in the team, especially with JKR, you can't zerg this team. With Rey, you can at least 2 shot the team, same with SLKR, with JML, the team is almost always going to be decked out at max health and protection after every battle

Given how frequently JML taunts, and you can't easily bypass his taunt outside of AOE spamming, its also likely, JKR's savior will proc on JML so you essentially have to kill him twice

Appreciate your thoughts, well articulated! One issue I see from some of the things you point out is that Deceived Jedi units wont gain bonus tm, and with SEEs unique, I think that will be spreading very quickly.

Also, having Jolee would be awesome except that SEEs special prevents jedi from reviving that are killed by it. So while the revive potential is there I can see it becoming negligible if they can get to Jolee.

But you're right about all the tanks- that leaves a lot to be desired from a damage output standpoint. Guess it's still sort of a wait and see situation.
  • It seemed the first thing they said at the kit brainstorm was: "What can we do so we DON'T need GK on his team ?"
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    @Ultra care to provide the reasons why you think JML will be the best GL? I'm going for him so looking for some positive thoughts... because after reading through both kits a couple times, SEE seems like he was built specifically to counter JML.

I do understand that kits on paper vs how they interact in the wild can be different then initially perceived. Which is what I hope is the case here.
    Efflux: 25% (min) ~45% (max) AOE TM reduction, -25% speed AOE, +15% TM Gain for team

JML can spam this attack on every second turn after his ultimate which is like an infinite loop at that point if you don't have a Galactic Legend of your own and given how fast GLs are

JML is also a taunting GL, just like GAS, its extremely difficult to bypass a tank with a taunt that cannot be dispelled, so in GAC or TW, it will be difficult to kill the sides, so supports are going to last a lot longer compared to GL Rey, SLKR, SEE

The other issue is the healing in the team, especially with JKR, you can't zerg this team. With Rey, you can at least 2 shot the team, same with SLKR, with JML, the team is almost always going to be decked out at max health and protection after every battle

Given how frequently JML taunts, and you can't easily bypass his taunt outside of AOE spamming, its also likely, JKR's savior will proc on JML so you essentially have to kill him twice

Appreciate your thoughts, well articulated! One issue I see from some of the things you point out is that Deceived Jedi units wont gain bonus tm, and with SEEs unique, I think that will be spreading very quickly.

Also, having Jolee would be awesome except that SEEs special prevents jedi from reviving that are killed by it. So while the revive potential is there I can see it becoming negligible if they can get to Jolee.

But you're right about all the tanks- that leaves a lot to be desired from a damage output standpoint. Guess it's still sort of a wait and see situation.
    For sure, I don't think SEE will have issues beating JML or vice versa, outside of that, I think JML is better for other game modes except for Raids, where SLKR still dominates for now
  • Ultra wrote: »
    This is the only Galactic Legend that doesn't prevent revives

Would be cool to see Nightsisters return in some form to make a counter team

EDIT: UGH JML mirrors will have Jolee

I like your thinking process.
  • We need to see stats. First glance it seems to me like JML is going to be the top GL. It really comes down to his speed and protection though. Speed down, TM reduction, ability block to open the battle? That’s killer. That’s going to destroy so many counters. You have to have a cleanse to even get going.

60% of his protection as true damage? That every Jedi can use in their first turn?! If JML has the highest base protection in the game (which given how insane GL stats are, and he’s a tank, doesn’t seem unreasonable), that would be 100k damage. That can’t be mitigated. That is huge!
  • I have a feeling current Rey's won't have an issue with it. This kit doesn't really have a mechanic similar to lifeblood, which means Rey should be able to whirlwind everyone but Luke himself by using her own JKR to get around the taunt. Be interesting to see stats and speed. And how the AI works...... (and of course how they change the AI and the kit 2 months after the release so people go buy whichever legend they didn't have before......)
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I have a feeling current Rey's won't have an issue with it. This kit doesn't really have a mechanic similar to lifeblood, which means Rey should be able to whirlwind everyone but Luke himself by using her own JKR to get around the taunt. Be interesting to see stats and speed. And how the AI works...... (and of course how they change the AI and the kit 2 months after the release so people go buy whichever legend they didn't have before......)

I think you have the adjust the teams though. Luke will inflict ability block and breach from the beginning, so JKR won’t be able to mark anyone until turn 2. And that’s assuming he doesn’t get his cooldowns increased by JML, GAS, or opposing JKR before then. These Jedi are going to deal huge damage and be very fast, so I can’t see JKR having enough time to mark everyone.

But yes, AI and base stats are going to be pretty important.

Edit: JKR can’t be ability blocked, I’m an ****. I still think it will take Rey too long to get through the Jedi though.
    Post edited by Bulldog1205 on
  • We need to see stats. First glance it seems to me like JML is going to be the top GL. It really comes down to his speed and protection though. Speed down, TM reduction, ability block to open the battle? That’s killer. That’s going to destroy so many counters. You have to have a cleanse to even get going.

60% of his protection as true damage? That every Jedi can use in their first turn?! If JML has the highest base protection in the game (which given how insane GL stats are, and he’s a tank, doesn’t seem unreasonable), that would be 100k damage. That can’t be mitigated. That is huge!

True that !
    Makes me wonder if a subpar Jedi team leaded by JML won't be enough to get the job done in GAC, as damage is based on JML stats... We'll see pretty soon i guess ;)
  • Hmm who all to run with JML for the other jedi team 4/4 TB clear if you are running JKL, GMY, Jolee, old ben, hyoda?

JML, Ezra, JKR, bastila, Ayala?
  • I see people underestimating this kit a lot. What makes this luke so dangerous isn't his innate kit itself but his stupidly powerful synergies. This dude with HYoda and GM Yoda and Revan is going to be beyond brutal to face. As if GMYoda didn't have enough TM spam as is, now he gets even more TM from half of Luke's whole kit.

And he definetly has the most broken ultimate as far as I am concerned. Reducing his special's maximum cooldown by 2, effectively meaning both specials got a cooldown of 2 and can be used back to back. If he has a high potency number, that will mean pretty much a permanent AoE Ability block.

• Oh and, if I am seeing these gifs correctly, they mixed up the animation demonstration for Efflux and Indomitable Blast because the Basic has an AoE damage animation while Efflux only has a single target animation effect.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Anyone else find it weird he has synergy with his younger self?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    LordDirt wrote: »

Absolutely. I think my younger self is an ****. A **** then. Seriously? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Looking at JML's ultimate animation.... No one can tell me it's called anything other than "Summon Jedi Master Chuck Norris".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nozdoden wrote: »
    Looking at JML's ultimate animation.... No one can tell me it's called anything other than "Summon Jedi Master Chuck Norris".

Saying Jedi Master Chuck Norris, is just redundant. You can just call him Chuck Norris. :smile:
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

Absolutely. I think my younger self is an ****. A **** then. Seriously? :D

So can we get all the Hans to synergize?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • CG, how did you NOT make him an agility tank? Now he has no evasion in his kit and no evasion through his mastery? The one thing from the most epic scene of JML fighting in the movies that should have been a given?
  • April
    19 posts Member
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker R7 Mastery only 45 ,another 3GL Mastery are 60?? lose 15 Mastery
  • I like how JML gets summoned by Chuck Norris
  • JML ultimate charging fast only with his lead capacity, does it mean he don't be able to use his ultimate when he isn't the leader?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Juldi wrote: »
    JML ultimate charging fast only with his lead capacity, does it mean he don't be able to use his ultimate when he isn't the leader?

@Juldi

It will be slower but he should still be able to do it without being the leader.

The only place he may not be able to make it work is arena.
  • this is a first for a galactic and if I read the kit correctly it will be much much slower to load the ultimate (cooldown of 4). For me it totally change the character.
  • Can someone explain why JML has 45 masters in R7 and the rest of the legends have 60 masters?
  • No, even CG can't :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Iker4ATM wrote: »
    Can someone explain why JML has 45 masters in R7 and the rest of the legends have 60 masters?

@Iker4ATM most likely due to his buff that will always start him out with +100% mastery.
  • Level 1 Rey,Kylo and SEE have 15 mastery but not Luke. I don't think It's related to his buff at the start
  • But that has nothing to do with it, as a galactic legend it should have the same stats as the other galactic legends, if the others have 60 mastery it does not make sense that JML has 45, the same as the rest of the characters ... at the beginning of the battle has + 100% that's an ability ... just like SEE removes 80% of your protection for being connected ...