Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

Replies

• On one hand, I completely agree that they need more "stuff" to do. On the other, it is a billion dollar game that is stable in its income so hard to argue with that success.
  • Straegen wrote: »
    On one hand, I completely agree that they need more "stuff" to do. On the other, it is a billion dollar game that is stable in its income so hard to argue with that success.

Except this is not the way, You need Year over year growth and it's nice to reach that milestone but you don't just stop when you get there.
  • I dont think today will be boring
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    I don’t think they plan on making a TON of more content. Maybe we’ll get another raid or something, but the game is much older than many mobile games. It’s likely that whatever part of Disney/Star Wars that is preventing them from doing simple communication with us, is likely also seeing that just rolling out GLs and new progress tiers for characters is keeping the cash flowing.

There was a mobile Star Wars TCG where you used your collection to battle others. It was pretty fun, but in the last half year before they shutdown, all they did was pump out new cards to squeeze out the money for as long as possible. Almost zero new content. Then just a week or so after releasing some new and powerful cards (the power curve had become unreal) they just announced the game was over.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    These threads are my daily content.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Eweff wrote: »
    I don’t think they plan on making a TON of more content. Maybe we’ll get another raid or something, but the game is much older than many mobile games. It’s likely that whatever part of Disney/Star Wars that is preventing them from doing simple communication with us, is likely also seeing that just rolling out GLs and new progress tiers for characters is keeping the cash flowing.

There was a mobile Star Wars TCG where you used your collection to battle others. It was pretty fun, but in the last half year before they shutdown, all they did was pump out new cards to squeeze out the money for as long as possible. Almost zero new content. Then just a week or so after releasing some new and powerful cards (the power curve had become unreal) they just announced the game was over.

This right here is the way forward. Read the developers insight and kit reveal on JML: "The second group of Galactic Legends launches this week". Second group. Ok sure they are the sequels to SLKR, and Rey.. but this comment leads me to believe that GL's are the new thing. and that we are going to see another 2 in 6 months. and eventually when everything is broken beyond repair, (thinkin about at this point how I only really play for GAC and TW) those are likely both going to be DoA in fairly short order unless we get some expansions in TW, GAC (like the fleet add) or something not related to Mods/Relics/Levels/Characters as content.

I don't think I will even bother with Marquees any longer, I mean why? I spent all year struggling to get KAM and will finally have him 7* and R7 by the end of next TB. but now we have 4 GL's so.. was it worth it? Will new characters really be worth the initial investment when the boards are maxed out.. yeah I know whale problems..
  • Lol is “lack of content” becoming a mega thread?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »
    It is quite amazing that this game has existed for this many years, and still has so many days with nothing to do.

Do you want to know why it still exists? It's because of the whales.

Its probably more due to f2p, than whales. Whale only games make money, but are usually short lived. You need a large player base to keep a game going.

Also in before someone says we are both wrong and it's only due to being Star Wars. Any other IP wouldn't last.

The devs need money to make and run the game. They get money from people buying packs (p2p and whales). F2P players are f2p and don't spend money.

Whales pay to get ahead of players, there is no one to get ahead of without f2p.

we can do this all day. for a game to have a long life they need both and each needs the other.
    I'm impressed a moderator thinks so. But was there a lot of help for f2p? =D
    Even Hyperdrive bundles helps new dolphins+
    There were no boosts for 'whole' playerbase
    Well, ok, some old legendaries gonna have lvl reduced but... the quantity of characters and gear crunch increases. The speed... not so much
    This game is already very F2P friendly, there is literally nothing that can't be gotten with just time put into the game. many F2P seem to be doing just fine and love the game.

this has been discussed before and there are points that have been good for F2P, and honestly, the thing about GLs is that they are good for F2P, they are long term goals sure, but seem to have a power base that is going to keep them in the top for a while, and keep them useful longer than most other end game toons. anything with a long shelf life is good for F2P. more "ROI" on the time invested.

I couldn't disagree with this more. you are not considering that by the time F2P gets a GL, the game will become stale to the Whales. (as you said they need to feel like they are ahead of someone). So the power creep will come into play once again.

The F2P playerbase doesn't need or ever want another long term goal. I have never heard anyone say "I can't wait to farm that character and get them in 12 months!".

The simple truth is both sides want daily replayable content that either 1.) continuously rewards your effort or 2.) is challenging through theory crafting or 3.) a sandbox to get better in other facets of the game.

Their consistent reskinning of content and slow pour of gear that is unusable to the end game playerbase is what is driving people away. The main reasons people stay in this game is brand loyalty or sunk cost fallacy.

• LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    It is quite amazing that this game has existed for this many years, and still has so many days with nothing to do.

Its probably more due to f2p, than whales. Whale only games make money, but are usually short lived. You need a large player base to keep a game going.

Also in before someone says we are both wrong and it's only due to being Star Wars. Any other IP wouldn't last.

The devs need money to make and run the game. They get money from people buying packs (p2p and whales). F2P players are f2p and don't spend money.

Whales pay to get ahead of players, there is no one to get ahead of without f2p.

we can do this all day. for a game to have a long life they need both and each needs the other.
    Well, ok, some old legendaries gonna have lvl reduced but... the quantity of characters and gear crunch increases. The speed... not so much
    This game is already very F2P friendly, there is literally nothing that can't be gotten with just time put into the game. many F2P seem to be doing just fine and love the game.

this has been discussed before and there are points that have been good for F2P, and honestly, the thing about GLs is that they are good for F2P, they are long term goals sure, but seem to have a power base that is going to keep them in the top for a while, and keep them useful longer than most other end game toons. anything with a long shelf life is good for F2P. more "ROI" on the time invested.

I couldn't disagree with this more. you are not considering that by the time F2P gets a GL, the game will become stale to the Whales. (as you said they need to feel like they are ahead of someone). So the power creep will come into play once again.

The F2P playerbase doesn't need or ever want another long term goal. I have never heard anyone say "I can't wait to farm that character and get them in 12 months!".

The simple truth is both sides want daily replayable content that either 1.) continuously rewards your effort or 2.) is challenging through theory crafting or 3.) a sandbox to get better in other facets of the game.

Their consistent reskinning of content and slow pour of gear that is unusable to the end game playerbase is what is driving people away. The main reasons people stay in this game is brand loyalty or sunk cost fallacy.

Good breakdown.
    "GLs being good for the game" f2p or otherwise is absurd and apparent upon more than 10 seconds of critical thought.
    Getting 2 every 6 months is even worse.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

You are confusing another with better. GLs are a better long term investment than others that have come before. And let's keep in mind that f2p is not a new thing, there are f2p that will get a second GL pretty soon here, which would be 2 in possibly less than 1 year, maybe even 3.

This game is a marathon, if the length of time for someone to get something is the reason they dont like the game, nothing will change that, this game is all about playing the long game.

As for anything else you are saying about content, why not both (GLs, and whatever else). But it may help to be realistic, and stop asking for something that is not going to happen, sorry to say we will never see a true sandbox mode in this game.
  • raybron99 wrote: »
    2020 has been a bad year for this game.

We said that last year too...
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

You are confusing another with better. GLs are a better long term investment than others that have come before. And let's keep in mind that f2p is not a new thing, there are f2p that will get a second GL pretty soon here, which would be 2 in possibly less than 1 year, maybe even 3.

This game is a marathon, if the length of time for someone to get something is the reason they dont like the game, nothing will change that, this game is all about playing the long game.

As for anything else you are saying about content, why not both (GLs, and whatever else). But it may help to be realistic, and stop asking for something that is not going to happen, sorry to say we will never see a true sandbox mode in this game.

At the very least they should be able to give us the ability to battle other guild members free of charge.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

At the very least they should be able to give us the ability to battle other guild members free of charge.

I agree and understand.

Which is why I said a true sandbox mode.

There are plenty of variations on current game modes that would be fun and solid ideas to help increase or utilize inter guild/ally/shard battles, maybe we will see something like that, who knows.

I agree and understand.

There are plenty of variations on current game modes that would be fun and solid ideas to help increase or utilize inter guild/ally/shard battles, maybe we will see something like that, who knows.

Considering their track record for this year, and frankly the last part of 2019, and no indication of anything changing anytime soon, I doubt it.
    Still waiting on why GC’s all of a sudden Went from a promise of daily activity to large gaps in between them with minimal rewards.
  • dcbfan wrote: »
    Then again CG has decided to require relic 3 for non GL character. Just wait, the next step will be 50,000 GP, relic 7 and 6A mods for the next one.

Yes, and it's a good thing. If you don't move the goalposts, then there will be a true endgame, and high level players will just get bored. It's like WoW or any other living game. It's harder and harder to get the new shiny weapon because you need to keep veteran players interested and challenged.

Granted, in WoW, you get your new shiny weapon via content designed for veteran players (aka "new raid"), so the farm is more... "gamy".

Marathons are long but have an end. Freemium games aren't a marathon; they're a hamster wheel.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Monomer wrote: »

Marathons are long but have an end. Freemium games aren't a marathon; they're a hamster wheel.

Yep, I just checked and my arena team is CwC, FB Luke, Talia, Geo Soldier, and RG.
  • TVF wrote: »

I spend more time on the forums than in the game.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

If there was no timer between arena battles, my playtime would’ve been about 10 mins a day except during Sith raid days
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

If there was no timer between arena battles, my playtime would’ve been about 10 mins a day except during Sith raid days

You left out GA, TB, TW, assault battles, GCs...

what a joke
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I agree and understand.

Considering their track record for this year, and frankly the last part of 2019, and no indication of anything changing anytime soon, I doubt it.
    Still waiting on why GC’s all of a sudden Went from a promise of daily activity to large gaps in between them with minimal rewards.

U meant since Carrie left and bread crumbs took over? Yea no communications / content / anything

Also too expensive
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Also adding to the list

- nesting dolls, yea can't wait
    - new mod lvls
    - more packs!
    - lack of proper Q&A
    - NO QOL
    - NO New ART (their art is bad so I'm not missing it)
    - preview of content in unofficial podcast

Really wanna see what is their new GL. Heroic jawa maybe? Since that is the last few fractions not relic up.

Oh but wait... How abt getting new GLs with the current 4 GLs??

Sad that they abandoned reworking old toons. Sorry is old ICONIC Toons (looking at u mace / sidious / maul)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »

I agree and understand.

U meant since Carrie left and bread crumbs took over? Yea no communications / content / anything

Also too expensive

No.

Carrie was not Community Manager
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »

I agree and understand.

Also too expensive

No.

Carrie was not Community Manager

But you gotta admit..."Bread Crumbs" is pretty clever. :smiley:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*