This is really bothering me...

Replies

• Ultra
    7261 posts Member
    D4n040798 wrote: »
    Don’t any of you believe that good balance in this game can’t exist without good balance in the community? People have quit playing SWGOH because they don’t like or want Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker without a Rebel tag. Therefore that puts the community at an imbalance which isn’t good for the game at all.
    sounds like these players were on the edge and were looking for reason to leave
  • D4n040798 wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker was the reason why they on edge and left.

I wonder if all 54 of his posts are from this one thread.
  • StarSon
    4924 posts Member

I wonder if all 54 of his posts are from this one thread.

There is at least 1 that is not. The 'load more replies' thing has been broken for a while though, so can't see farther back than a few weeks.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020

False. There would have been other things that made them leave besides JKL not getting a rebel tag.
    But Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker was the sole reason for people quitting the game.

Also false
    But I’ve seen more people quit because of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker than for any other reason.

That may be what you see but not what many other people see.
  • Kyno
    28135 posts Moderator
    But I’ve seen more people quit because of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker than for any other reason.

unless you are doing an exit interview for every player who leaves the game, this is what the kids are calling "anecdotal" these days.

generally speaking, players leave because they want to leave, its more likely due to length of time playing or personal things than any direct 1 thing in game. they leave because they were going to and some just needed a thing to point to.
  • Nikoms565
    13696 posts Member

I have not seen that given as a reason and I have seen several players quit. You joined the forums 4 months ago - I joined them 4 years ago.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    You’re overlooking the fact that he helped save the Rebels from Jabba the Hutt on Tattooine and the fact that he went to Endor with the Rebels in search of the shield generator and the fact that he was partying with the Rebels after the defeat of the Empire, therefore that makes him a Rebel while he was also a Jedi Knight.

ESB, Yoda: “Not yet. One thing remains. Vader … Vader you must confront. Then, only then, a full Jedi you’ll be"

ROTJ, Luke (to Palpatine, after beating Vader) :“Never! Never will I turn to the dark side! You have failed, Palpatine. I am a Jedi, as my father was before me.”

Luke named himself a jedi at Jabba's palace, sure. Still, he wasn't yet according to his master.

So while I disagree with your statement that gameplay reasons are not good reasons, the lore reason you're claiming is debatable.

• crzydroid
    5295 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Starslayer wrote: »
    You’re overlooking the fact that he helped save the Rebels from Jabba the Hutt on Tattooine and the fact that he went to Endor with the Rebels in search of the shield generator and the fact that he was partying with the Rebels after the defeat of the Empire, therefore that makes him a Rebel while he was also a Jedi Knight.

ESBROTJ, Yoda: “Not yet. One thing remains. Vader … Vader you must confront Vader. Then, only then, a full Jedi you’ll will you be"

ROTJ, Luke (to Palpatine, after beating Vader) :“Never! I'll Never will I turn to the dark side! You've have failed, Palpatine Your Highness. I am a Jedi, as like my father was before me.”

Luke named himself a jedi at Jabba's palace, sure. Still, he wasn't yet according to his master.

So while I disagree with your statement that gameplay reasons are not good reasons, the lore reason you're claiming is debatable.

Sorry, I don't want to be that person, but....I'm that person.
  • Starslayer
    577 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

ESBROTJ, Yoda: “Not yet. One thing remains. Vader … Vader you must confront Vader. Then, only then, a full Jedi you’ll will you be"

ROTJ, Luke (to Palpatine, after beating Vader) :“Never! I'll Never will I turn to the dark side! You've have failed, Palpatine Your Highness. I am a Jedi, as like my father was before me.”

Sorry, I don't want to be that person, but....I'm that person.

This person be you should.

My mistake for trusting internet ;) Not ESB/ROTJ though. This one is all mine ^^
  • TVF
    27417 posts Member
    Doesn't matter
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sebek
    1281 posts Member
    I’m not talking about the game, I am merely correcting those who contradict me by saying Luke is not a Rebel in Return of the Jedi and telling them the truth.

Maybe the Cantina Keeper doesn't know that
    Join the Dark Side, We Have Cookies.
    Join the Light Side, We Have Wookies.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The only thing I'm going to acknowledge is that @D4n040798 has been very persistent in being incorrect so I'll give him an A for effort but an F for accuracy.
  • Kyno
    28135 posts Moderator
    Game balance shouldn’t be a bigger weight than lore, since that’s where they got the idea for this game in the first place. You ever hear the phrase ‘see the world not as it is, but as it should be’? Well I am looking at the game not as it is now, but as it should be.
    Kyno wrote: »
    I’m not the one who needs common decency, CG needs it more than I do. There is no good balance with Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker if they don’t make him a Rebel just like in the movie, I want to tell them that what they did was a mistake and it really upset many players.

This is a game about a game, that is played inside a cantina, inside the SW Universe.

This is not a story game, or any other reason why lore should trump game balance.

If it was it would be very limited or boring as certain Jedi/Sith would be unbeatable by much if not all of the other characters. So literally any SW game out there has always had game balance ahead of lore, even if they handled it differently, like not introducing certain characters.