This is really bothering me...

13Next

Replies

• D4n040798 wrote: »
    But I’ve seen more people quit because of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker than for any other reason.

That may be what you see but not what many other people see.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    D4n040798 wrote: »
    But I’ve seen more people quit because of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker than for any other reason.

unless you are doing an exit interview for every player who leaves the game, this is what the kids are calling "anecdotal" these days.

generally speaking, players leave because they want to leave, its more likely due to length of time playing or personal things than any direct 1 thing in game. they leave because they were going to and some just needed a thing to point to.

wq1igo8mv53k.jpeg
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I have not seen that given as a reason and I have seen several players quit. You joined the forums 4 months ago - I joined them 4 years ago.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    You’re overlooking the fact that he helped save the Rebels from Jabba the Hutt on Tattooine and the fact that he went to Endor with the Rebels in search of the shield generator and the fact that he was partying with the Rebels after the defeat of the Empire, therefore that makes him a Rebel while he was also a Jedi Knight.

ESB, Yoda: “Not yet. One thing remains. Vader … Vader you must confront. Then, only then, a full Jedi you’ll be"

ROTJ, Luke (to Palpatine, after beating Vader) :“Never! Never will I turn to the dark side! You have failed, Palpatine. I am a Jedi, as my father was before me.”

Luke named himself a jedi at Jabba's palace, sure. Still, he wasn't yet according to his master.

So while I disagree with your statement that gameplay reasons are not good reasons, the lore reason you're claiming is debatable.

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Starslayer wrote: »
    You’re overlooking the fact that he helped save the Rebels from Jabba the Hutt on Tattooine and the fact that he went to Endor with the Rebels in search of the shield generator and the fact that he was partying with the Rebels after the defeat of the Empire, therefore that makes him a Rebel while he was also a Jedi Knight.

ESBROTJ, Yoda: “Not yet. One thing remains. Vader … Vader you must confront Vader. Then, only then, a full Jedi you’ll will you be"

ROTJ, Luke (to Palpatine, after beating Vader) :“Never! I'll Never will I turn to the dark side! You've have failed, Palpatine Your Highness. I am a Jedi, as like my father was before me.”

Luke named himself a jedi at Jabba's palace, sure. Still, he wasn't yet according to his master.

So while I disagree with your statement that gameplay reasons are not good reasons, the lore reason you're claiming is debatable.

Sorry, I don't want to be that person, but....I'm that person.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

ESBROTJ, Yoda: “Not yet. One thing remains. Vader … Vader you must confront Vader. Then, only then, a full Jedi you’ll will you be"

ROTJ, Luke (to Palpatine, after beating Vader) :“Never! I'll Never will I turn to the dark side! You've have failed, Palpatine Your Highness. I am a Jedi, as like my father was before me.”

Sorry, I don't want to be that person, but....I'm that person.

This person be you should.

My mistake for trusting internet ;) Not ESB/ROTJ though. This one is all mine ^^
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Doesn't matter
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I can't believe this is still going. All in all, a lot of people would want him to have the rebel tag. I personally was someone who wanted JKL to have the rebel tag. But eventually you have to understand (like I did) that game balance is a bigger weight than lore and it is more important that the game be balance than the game matching the movies.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Game balance shouldn’t be a bigger weight than lore, since that’s where they got the idea for this game in the first place. You ever hear the phrase ‘see the world not as it is, but as it should be’? Well I am looking at the game not as it is now, but as it should be.

ColorfulRepulsiveIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif

• TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The only thing I'm going to acknowledge is that @D4n040798 has been very persistent in being incorrect so I'll give him an A for effort but an F for accuracy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Game balance shouldn’t be a bigger weight than lore, since that’s where they got the idea for this game in the first place. You ever hear the phrase ‘see the world not as it is, but as it should be’? Well I am looking at the game not as it is now, but as it should be.
    Kyno wrote: »
    I’m not the one who needs common decency, CG needs it more than I do. There is no good balance with Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker if they don’t make him a Rebel just like in the movie, I want to tell them that what they did was a mistake and it really upset many players.

This is a game about a game, that is played inside a cantina, inside the SW Universe.

This is not a story game, or any other reason why lore should trump game balance.

If it was it would be very limited or boring as certain Jedi/Sith would be unbeatable by much if not all of the other characters. So literally any SW game out there has always had game balance ahead of lore, even if they handled it differently, like not introducing certain characters.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    All I’m saying is they should choose who gets what tags based more on lore and less on game balance if this is a Star Wars game.

We know, you've said it multiple times. And no, they shouldn't.
  • I don’t think his point is that far fetched. Everyone likes to throw the “it’s a holofable simulation” thing out there, but most things in the game are fairly consistent with lore. Especially around faction tags.
    They almost always make sense from a lore perspective as well, other than a few edge cases where it’s debatable (Asajj as a sith for example).

It’s relatively rare where a toon doesn’t have tags that would undoubtedly apply from a lore POV.

I get that it is what it is and that game balance is the reason. But I also don’t think that he is that far out in left field to question it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I don’t think his point is that far fetched. Everyone likes to throw the “it’s a holofable simulation” thing out there, but most things in the game are fairly consistent with lore. Especially around faction tags.
    They almost always make sense from a lore perspective as well, other than a few edge cases where it’s debatable (Asajj as a sith for example).

It’s relatively rare where a toon doesn’t have tags that would undoubtedly apply from a lore POV.

I get that it is what it is and that game balance is the reason. But I also don’t think that he is that far out in left field to question it.

They are?

You do realize that many of the game modes have us pitting toons against situations they were not even in, or teams of toons that are both LS and DS, or even the same person standing next to themselves......

There are less lore based things in this game than there are lore based, when you really look at it.

You are right, and most here are not giving him any flack for asking, but just as it's not out of left field to ask, it's also not out of left field to accept that it's a game about a game and that in game balance is important and in some cases more important than adding lore.

Note: I said adding lore, because he still follows lore with the tags he has, they just didnt add more that would also fit within lore. They have never broken the following of lore when making any kit, they have limited the view, sure, but they have never in any way put a tag on that didnt make sense from a lore perspective.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

The way he is doing it, screaming like a two year old, is though

I agree that it won’t get anywhere, but making the counter-point that “lore means nothing at all in this game” isn’t very accurate either.

It's not that it means nothing, it means that it takes a backseat to game balance. It's still in the car.
  • I would just like to point out that by JKLS not being a GL, he can be part of a GLs team. That's not a bad thing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I was upset about that because I thought he would be the first Galactic Legend from outside the Sequel trilogy but turns out he isn’t. When will we see Galactic Legends from the Prequel and Original trilogies?

In a different thread....

• This game is like playing with action figures. Barbie is Barbie, but you can play with Barbie Farmer, Barbie Rebel, Barbie Jedi or Granny Barbie.
    All I’m saying is they should choose who gets what tags based more on lore and less on game balance if this is a Star Wars game.
    If devs were thinking like that we wouldn't have a game at this point.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

No, they shouldn't. You said it yourself:
    This is a Star Wars game. Not a Star Wars book of lore.
  • kello_511 wrote: »

The way he is doing it, screaming like a two year old, is though

I agree that it won’t get anywhere, but making the counter-point that “lore means nothing at all in this game” isn’t very accurate either.

None of us said lore means nothing at all. Most of us said game balance is more important than lore but lore is still considered if game balance isn't a problem (which it almost always is).
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    In some ways, some of the events are like reading a book of lore, for example, Luke Skywalker’s Hero’s Journey (CLS), each tier is like the chapter of a book. So in some ways, this game is a book of lore.

Yes, in some ways, but not all ways. I'm not sure how giving him the Rebel tag would cause balance issues, but CG clearly thinks it would. Game balance is more important than lore.
    Do you think CG would tell us why a Rebel tag would cause balance issues if we called them?

You can ask that next Q&A.
    Do you think CG would tell us why a Rebel tag would cause balance issues if we called them?

If JKL got the rebel tag you could make JKL have bonuses and synergies with Chewbacca, Han, CLS, C3P0, R2D2, and Chewpio. We have already seen that the rebels alone can take on GAS, Kylo, and Rey. Adding JKL to that mix would be way to overpowered and would cause balance issues.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

They might. They told us why the Vets didn't get the Resistance tag.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    It wouldn’t be any different from Ahsoka Tano having Nightsister synergies even though she’s a Jedi.

Ahsoka's NS synergies don't cause balance issues.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    How is it that Ahsoka’s NS synergies don’t cause balance problems but Rebel synergies for JKL would? Because Rebel synergies for JKL, NS synergies for Ahsoka, same principle, right?

If JKL got the rebel tag you could make JKL have bonuses and synergies with Chewbacca, Han, CLS, C3P0, R2D2, and Chewpio. We have already seen that the rebels alone can take on GAS, Kylo, and Rey. Adding JKL to that mix would be way to overpowered and would cause balance issues.

Also, Ahsoka having synergies with NS doesn't alter the meta or mess up the top teams in anyway. In all Ahsoka having NS synergies doesn't have a big affect on the game overall.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    How is it that Ahsoka’s NS synergies don’t cause balance problems but Rebel synergies for JKL would? Because Rebel synergies for JKL, NS synergies for Ahsoka, same principle, right?

No, not the same principle. Ahsoka's leader gives 14% evasion. Not exactly groundbreaking. And it is significantly worse than either Asajj or Talzin's leads.

Now, consider if JKL had the Rebel tag, and you had a team of CLS (L) R2 Chewpio Chewbacca JKL. JKL would now always have counter chance, as well as a whole lot of added stats from R2 and Chewpio.

These two scenarios are not even remotely similar.