Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    It is quite amazing that this game has existed for this many years, and still has so many days with nothing to do.

Do you want to know why it still exists? It's because of the whales.

Its probably more due to f2p, than whales. Whale only games make money, but are usually short lived. You need a large player base to keep a game going.

Also in before someone says we are both wrong and it's only due to being Star Wars. Any other IP wouldn't last.

The devs need money to make and run the game. They get money from people buying packs (p2p and whales). F2P players are f2p and don't spend money.

Whales pay to get ahead of players, there is no one to get ahead of without f2p.

we can do this all day. for a game to have a long life they need both and each needs the other.
    I'm impressed a moderator thinks so. But was there a lot of help for f2p? =D
    Even Hyperdrive bundles helps new dolphins+
    There were no boosts for 'whole' playerbase
    Well, ok, some old legendaries gonna have lvl reduced but... the quantity of characters and gear crunch increases. The speed... not so much
    This game is already very F2P friendly, there is literally nothing that can't be gotten with just time put into the game. many F2P seem to be doing just fine and love the game.

this has been discussed before and there are points that have been good for F2P, and honestly, the thing about GLs is that they are good for F2P, they are long term goals sure, but seem to have a power base that is going to keep them in the top for a while, and keep them useful longer than most other end game toons. anything with a long shelf life is good for F2P. more "ROI" on the time invested.

I couldn't disagree with this more. you are not considering that by the time F2P gets a GL, the game will become stale to the Whales. (as you said they need to feel like they are ahead of someone). So the power creep will come into play once again.

The F2P playerbase doesn't need or ever want another long term goal. I have never heard anyone say "I can't wait to farm that character and get them in 12 months!".

The simple truth is both sides want daily replayable content that either 1.) continuously rewards your effort or 2.) is challenging through theory crafting or 3.) a sandbox to get better in other facets of the game.

Their consistent reskinning of content and slow pour of gear that is unusable to the end game playerbase is what is driving people away. The main reasons people stay in this game is brand loyalty or sunk cost fallacy.

You are confusing another with better. GLs are a better long term investment than others that have come before. And let's keep in mind that f2p is not a new thing, there are f2p that will get a second GL pretty soon here, which would be 2 in possibly less than 1 year, maybe even 3.

This game is a marathon, if the length of time for someone to get something is the reason they dont like the game, nothing will change that, this game is all about playing the long game.

As for anything else you are saying about content, why not both (GLs, and whatever else). But it may help to be realistic, and stop asking for something that is not going to happen, sorry to say we will never see a true sandbox mode in this game.

At the very least they should be able to give us the ability to battle other guild members free of charge.

I agree and understand.

Which is why I said a true sandbox mode.

There are plenty of variations on current game modes that would be fun and solid ideas to help increase or utilize inter guild/ally/shard battles, maybe we will see something like that, who knows.

Considering their track record for this year, and frankly the last part of 2019, and no indication of anything changing anytime soon, I doubt it.
    Still waiting on why GC’s all of a sudden Went from a promise of daily activity to large gaps in between them with minimal rewards.

U meant since Carrie left and bread crumbs took over? Yea no communications / content / anything

Also too expensive

No.

Carrie was not Community Manager

U mean she is not community manager BUT does better at communicating....

Shocker...

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    v9dxaujjrofw.jpg
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It is quite amazing that this game has existed for this many years, and still has so many days with nothing to do.

Its probably more due to f2p, than whales. Whale only games make money, but are usually short lived. You need a large player base to keep a game going.

Also in before someone says we are both wrong and it's only due to being Star Wars. Any other IP wouldn't last.

The devs need money to make and run the game. They get money from people buying packs (p2p and whales). F2P players are f2p and don't spend money.

Whales pay to get ahead of players, there is no one to get ahead of without f2p.

we can do this all day. for a game to have a long life they need both and each needs the other.
    Well, ok, some old legendaries gonna have lvl reduced but... the quantity of characters and gear crunch increases. The speed... not so much
    This game is already very F2P friendly, there is literally nothing that can't be gotten with just time put into the game. many F2P seem to be doing just fine and love the game.

this has been discussed before and there are points that have been good for F2P, and honestly, the thing about GLs is that they are good for F2P, they are long term goals sure, but seem to have a power base that is going to keep them in the top for a while, and keep them useful longer than most other end game toons. anything with a long shelf life is good for F2P. more "ROI" on the time invested.

I couldn't disagree with this more. you are not considering that by the time F2P gets a GL, the game will become stale to the Whales. (as you said they need to feel like they are ahead of someone). So the power creep will come into play once again.

The F2P playerbase doesn't need or ever want another long term goal. I have never heard anyone say "I can't wait to farm that character and get them in 12 months!".

The simple truth is both sides want daily replayable content that either 1.) continuously rewards your effort or 2.) is challenging through theory crafting or 3.) a sandbox to get better in other facets of the game.

Their consistent reskinning of content and slow pour of gear that is unusable to the end game playerbase is what is driving people away. The main reasons people stay in this game is brand loyalty or sunk cost fallacy.

GLs are a better long term investment than others that have come before.

vrewgry322ru.jpg
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

You are confusing another with better. GLs are a better long term investment than others that have come before. And let's keep in mind that f2p is not a new thing, there are f2p that will get a second GL pretty soon here, which would be 2 in possibly less than 1 year, maybe even 3.

This game is a marathon, if the length of time for someone to get something is the reason they dont like the game, nothing will change that, this game is all about playing the long game.

As for anything else you are saying about content, why not both (GLs, and whatever else). But it may help to be realistic, and stop asking for something that is not going to happen, sorry to say we will never see a true sandbox mode in this game.

At the very least they should be able to give us the ability to battle other guild members free of charge.

I agree and understand.

There are plenty of variations on current game modes that would be fun and solid ideas to help increase or utilize inter guild/ally/shard battles, maybe we will see something like that, who knows.

Considering their track record for this year, and frankly the last part of 2019, and no indication of anything changing anytime soon, I doubt it.
    Still waiting on why GC’s all of a sudden Went from a promise of daily activity to large gaps in between them with minimal rewards.

U meant since Carrie left and bread crumbs took over? Yea no communications / content / anything

Also too expensive

No.

U mean she is not community manager BUT does better at communicating....

Shocker...

And everyone complained about the things she said. I bet they feel pretty dumb now....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree and understand.

Also too expensive

No.

But you gotta admit..."Bread Crumbs" is pretty clever. :smiley:

Nope, I'm not that easily ammused.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

I agree and understand.

Also too expensive

No.

Sounds like someone has a CRUMmy attitude
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

I agree and understand.

Also too expensive

No.

Sounds like someone has a CRUMmy attitude

Don’t worry about that loaf, he kneads to be pun-ished.

I’ll see myself out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's keep this on topic please
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lysandrax wrote: »

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

But if you have any points you would actually like to make that might be helpful to the conversation.

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

But if you have any points you would actually like to make that might be helpful to the conversation.

I do I do!

Perhaps the team can actually listen to its community and now that the unity upgrade is out (their top excuse for lack of content) they can follow up with what they promised to be an ocean of content. Heck how about basic communication first. For example:

- Communicate about GC’s. Why is the length in between GC’s so long? It was originally touted as a daily activity. There’s almost a week between each GC. Will rewards be nerfed with the addition of the new slicing materials? COMMUNICATE @CG_SBCrumb

- Speaking of slicing material, why was the introduced to add another layer of progression systems rather than fulfill the promise of easing the gear crunch and making it easier to get toons to G12? I believe it was back in October or even September of last year this was promised, but I still find myself, as do many, stuck at G8 or G9 due to the necessity of insane amounts of stun guns, carbantis, kyro’s, gold eyeballs, stun cuffs, mk5 droid callers, etc... (all gear that is required to just get to G12 and then again when it comes to finishing G12 to progress to G13. That’s easing the crunch?

- Where is the new PVE content? Where are the new table nodes? LS/DS nodes? Ship nodes? Cantina Nodes? Daily challenge tier additions? Anything??

- Where are the new ships to round out resistance and first order so we can actually have a few viable ship teams to use with proper synergy...

-Where is a new raid?

-Where is the simmability for the HAAT raid? Where is the reward balancing for HSTR that virtually nobody enjoys because of how insanely top heavy it is?!

That’s just a few starting points :)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You shouldn't be asking about simming the HAAT raid in a thread about a lack of content.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    You shouldn't be asking about simming the HAAT raid in a thread about a lack of content.

Let’s keep it on topic yea?

CG should have an answer for all this. The more time goes on, the more I believe that only a handful of people still work on this game....I think we are in the “do as little as possible and squeeze as much money as possible” mode. The community is getting nothing we are asking for, yet we are supposed to believe they “care”.

I think CG is putting most it’s resources into that other game they’ve working on, which is why we have a desert instead of an ocean.

How about a road ahead that covers now until the end of the year? How about we have some idea on what’s to come? MSF details what’s coming months and months before it arrives and it works great. Why can’t CG communicate like that??
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

I do I do!

Perhaps the team can actually listen to its community and now that the unity upgrade is out (their top excuse for lack of content) they can follow up with what they promised to be an ocean of content. Heck how about basic communication first. For example:

- Communicate about GC’s. Why is the length in between GC’s so long? It was originally touted as a daily activity. There’s almost a week between each GC. Will rewards be nerfed with the addition of the new slicing materials? COMMUNICATE @CG_SBCrumb

- Speaking of slicing material, why was the introduced to add another layer of progression systems rather than fulfill the promise of easing the gear crunch and making it easier to get toons to G12? I believe it was back in October or even September of last year this was promised, but I still find myself, as do many, stuck at G8 or G9 due to the necessity of insane amounts of stun guns, carbantis, kyro’s, gold eyeballs, stun cuffs, mk5 droid callers, etc... (all gear that is required to just get to G12 and then again when it comes to finishing G12 to progress to G13. That’s easing the crunch?

- Where is the new PVE content? Where are the new table nodes? LS/DS nodes? Ship nodes? Cantina Nodes? Daily challenge tier additions? Anything??

- Where are the new ships to round out resistance and first order so we can actually have a few viable ship teams to use with proper synergy...

-Where is a new raid?

-Where is the simmability for the HAAT raid? Where is the reward balancing for HSTR that virtually nobody enjoys because of how insanely top heavy it is?!

I'd like to add fleet management to the list.

And maybe instead of a ship raid or simming HAAT, just add a ship level to a mythic HAAT which would prevent using one team to solo.
  • TVF wrote: »

Technically you’re wrong. That’s content and a QoL improvement too. Soooooooooooo nope :)
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

CG should have an answer for all this. The more time goes on, the more I believe that only a handful of people still work on this game....I think we are in the “do as little as possible and squeeze as much money as possible” mode. The community is getting nothing we are asking for, yet we are supposed to believe they “care”.

I think CG is putting most it’s resources into that other game they’ve working on, which is why we have a desert instead of an ocean.

How about a road ahead that covers now until the end of the year? How about we have some idea on what’s to come? MSF details what’s coming months and months before it arrives and it works great. Why can’t CG communicate like that??

Not to mention MSF knows how to get people to spend. They know how to dole out proper compensation for bugs that cost players resources as well.
    When they have legendary events they have legendary sales and have like 180 shards of a character and a mega orb (50 more shards of another premium character) for $10. Down to clown with that one for sure. Wish SWGOH did that themselves so I could be tempted to spend again honestly.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

I do I do!

-Where is a new raid?

I'd like to add fleet management to the list.

And maybe instead of a ship raid or simming HAAT, just add a ship level to a mythic HAAT which would prevent using one team to solo.

Or the mythic tier to even the rancor. Would be awesome to get buffed rewards like double the current rewards it gives out. Of course it would need more tickets to run but still. It would be awesome to have even that.

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

How about you elaborate or in any way substantiate about GLs long term?
    Better investment than others?
    Better than thrawn?

Wrong.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

Better than thrawn?

Wrong.

They had one of the longest runs so far (and still on going) in the one area that many consider the key to F2P income, arena. They seem to be key to solid defenses in TW and GAC, 2 other key points of income.

Thrawn is probably the one I will give you as the single best investment at this point, and cheaper. You got me there. I was really pointing to METAs, which thrawn never really was, he is a plug and play key toon in many off counters, but those don't help you hold.

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

Better than thrawn?

Wrong.

They had one of the longest runs so far (and still on going) in the one area that many consider the key to F2P income, arena. They seem to be key to solid defenses in TW and GAC, 2 other key points of income.

Thrawn is probably the one I will give you as the single best investment at this point, and cheaper. You got me there. I was really pointing to METAs, which thrawn never really was, he is a plug and play key toon in many off counters, but those don't help you hold.

Titans were meta, no?

Seems like each Revan team lasted longer as the meta than the current GLs and are both parts of counters to GLs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

Better than thrawn?

Wrong.

Titans were meta, no?

Seems like each Revan team lasted longer as the meta than the current GLs and are both parts of counters to GLs

From the last graph I saw comparing them, the GLs were just about to pass them, and they didnt end then, so they have been longer.

Also counter teams come and go and in some cases are situational, but are never considered META. We also don't know how long GLs will be part of side/counter teams, so that will need to be part of a larger conversation later.
  • New Raid or two, new mythic levels to old raids, galactic war needs a make over, fleet management, more assault battles,
    Any of that would be awesome.... the game is content staved unless it’s a new toon which we will prob get more more more of but no where new to really use them
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Technically you’re wrong. That’s content and a QoL improvement too. Soooooooooooo nope :)

This thread is about a current lack of content and a desire for more. Simming the raid creates less content, not more. Sorry, but this is the wrong thread for that.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Glad we agree.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Glad we agree.

But this isn’t on topic, soooo.....

Anyway, I just wish the devs were not sooo tight lipped about what’s coming, if anything coming for that matter. We get only days notice when we could have months. Makes it seem like they have no plan....like making piette farmable early for some reason.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Glad we agree.

Anyway, I just wish the devs were not sooo tight lipped about what’s coming, if anything coming for that matter. We get only days notice when we could have months. Makes it seem like they have no plan....like making piette farmable early for some reason.

We got six weeks notice on Piett. That's 1.5 months.

Make sure to give CG your thanks for the months notice you are asking for.

(btw piett being farmable early is also off-topic, yea?)
  • Do GCs and new mod materials count as content? Last week it was posted that they'd be coming this week. Any idea if we will see them today or tomorrow?
    Do GCs and new mod materials count as content? Last week it was posted that they'd be coming this week. Any idea if we will see them today or tomorrow?

Check your events in-game. You can see the upcoming GC there.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Glad we agree.

We got six weeks notice on Piett. That's 1.5 months.

Make sure to give CG your thanks for the months notice you are asking for.

(btw piett being farmable early is also off-topic, yea?)

Well, I guess we are both in the wrong as characters are not content. I just mentioned him as a fact why I think that they don’t really have a plan. I’m talking content notice, not characters.
    We have absolutely no idea where the game is headed right now as far as content goes.....sure we can guess that mando characters are incoming by the new icon in the play store, but characters are not content. Where are we headed???
    Do GCs and new mod materials count as content? Last week it was posted that they'd be coming this week. Any idea if we will see them today or tomorrow?

If toons don't count as content, which CG has said before, then I don't think mods can count as content. But GCs are content. Just not very good content.
  • dcbfan wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    These threads are my daily content.

I spend more time on the forums than in the game.

If there was no timer between arena battles, my playtime would’ve been about 10 mins a day except during Sith raid days

You left out GA, TB, TW, assault battles, GCs...

Imagine that you hit all battles and still only spend a total of 15 to 20 minutes a day actually playing the game. So sad that a billion dollar game has no content to keep its players busy.

This...only you don't have to imagine it...it's a FACT especially since the battles are timed and about to get worse with the new GLs. With all the health and protection regen you are now having to kill effectively10 characters instead of 5.

Watching some videos of teams non-crit hitting SEE is some of the most boring gaming content I have ever seen.