[MEGATHREAD] The SWGoH Community Team is Growing

Prev13456710
Hi folks,

I’m excited to announce a new addition to the Galaxy of Heroes Community team! CG_Doja_Fett is joining us as a Community Manager who will be focused on engaging the community and increasing our regular interaction with you, the awesome SWGoH Community. I’ll let him introduce himself, so without further ado, please welcome Doja_Fett.
-CG_SBCrumb

Hello Holotable Heroes,

My very first memory of going to the movie theater was to see a film my older cousin, Mark, had been raving about. He’d talk in this weird, deep, robotic tone while saying things like, “you don’t know the power of the Dark Side,” or in a froggy, gravelly voice with his words jumbled, “strong in the Force, you are.”

None of it made any sense until that day at the movies, when he took me to see Return of the Jedi.
And then it all made sense. Whatever frenzy and passion my cousin had for Star Wars was instantly implanted in me as well. The love of the film and its characters. The buzz of a stirring lightsaber, the distinct whoosh of a TIE Fighter, the loveable chirps and whistles of Artoo, the however-you-describe-it sound of X-Wing lasers firing at enemy targets. And of course, the obligatory beginning of a childhood crush on Princess Leia who, for many of us, was the first embodiment of powerful feminism we had seen on screen. Much like Leia’s strength and resolve, the crush has never wavered.

Fast forward a few years to the holiday season -- the one in which I frantically unwrapped a Nintendo Entertainment System, throwing shreds of paper everywhere...which I was made to later clean up. Half of my friends had owned one for a while and I was at their house after school as much as possible, logging time on Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda or (losing my cool with) Ninja Gaiden. But, the NES I was holding in my hands was MINE.

Now, I had two loves apart from my immediate family: Star Wars and video games.

Not much has changed, except my family has welcomed new members into the ranks, while a few others have passed. If life were a Mandalorian, certainly it would concur with an affirmative, “this is the way.”

All this is my way of saying I’m extremely honored and optimistically excited to be welcomed into the EA family and, particularly, the passionate SWGoH community. Crumb and I will be working together to evolve our approach to community engagement.

For a bit of background, I’ve been playing SWGoH since a few months after it launched and I’ve been working at CG for the better part of the past few years in a different capacity. I’ve been moved to the Comms team because CG has identified a need and are committed to expanding our interaction with our amazing community of players.

There’s a lot of work to do, but we feel the community deserves and wants more. I look forward to the things to come and being here to help as best I can.

See you on the Holotables!

-Doja Fett
hq7xl7uknu66.png

Replies