[MEGATHREAD] The SWGoH Community Team is Growing

Replies

• Fatal
    58 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Clefspeare wrote: »
    Well, if you're serious about it, then make a post like this on reddit and join many of the discord servers that the community have.
    Then and only then, you'll have the community on your side, I guess.

Very true, so much of this community is in discords, ever since I first searched discord for a better guild about a year ago I've been surprised how massive this community is.

They talked about having a public discord for communication like other mobile game but Crumb had too much on the plate updating the dev tracker

Maybe they’ll revisit this idea

Discord is something we are considering, for sure.

Would absolutely love to see this.
  • For the record, I am not Canadian. I got the shirt when I was visiting last year and checking out some of my ancestry. It's lovely.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Clefspeare wrote: »
    Well, if you're serious about it, then make a post like this on reddit and join many of the discord servers that the community have.
    Then and only then, you'll have the community on your side, I guess.

Very true, so much of this community is in discords, ever since I first searched discord for a better guild about a year ago I've been surprised how massive this community is.

They talked about having a public discord for communication like other mobile game but Crumb had too much on the plate updating the dev tracker

Maybe they’ll revisit this idea

Discord is something we are considering, for sure.
    ok but it has to be a server run by me

You had your chance, Gorman.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This is fantastic news!

hb8t05co6cjb.jpg
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Will you be continuing Crumb's tradition of Fun Fact Fridays?
  • Hallo und dankeschön

I'm a fan of Doja's music and her insta stories are usually pretty funny.

That's nice Sir. ;) You're welcome.

Say so was my first touch with her music and not to mention that she's really attractive and talented singer

What's your current roster GP if you don't mind my asking.

What's your favorite ingame mode? Geo TB? Favorite Team?
  • Clash2Far wrote: »
    Congrats on the new role. As your first official act please let the developers know we are looking forward to GL Jabba. Thanks.

Literally all I want now. That and a JarJar-lead Gungan team, which I don’t think we’ll ever see.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Continuing?
  • Yay! Glad to have a new member of the team!
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    What about crumb? Is he staying at CG?
    I'm not dead yet! My role is not changing and Doja's coming in to bring some additional firepower

Just like Double Drops, 2 X 0 = 0. 😂
    Jk. Or am I?
  • Congrats on the new role! Excited to have this this commitment from you and CG. I specifically left some feedback today in the feedback forums and am pleased that CG is growing the community department !
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

Continuing?

He did come up with the idea, and has been the only dev to do it
  • I’ve been moved to the Comms team because CG has identified a need and are committed to expanding our interaction with our amazing community of players.

There’s a lot of work to do, but we feel the community deserves and wants more.

Welcome! First, a request and advice. Please be honest with us, no lies or half truths. That might be difficult depending on your corporate mandate from CG or EA, but that's why you're in this position to begin with. When you say "CG has identified a need", what you really mean is, someone at CG or EA finally listened to the playerbase and realized that a significant chunk, if not the majority, of their customers don't like their product or are unsatisfied with their relationship with your company. You didn't identify a need, you finally decided to respond to the years of complaints and requests for better communication. "We feel the community deserves and wants more" -- whatever brought you to that conclusion? /sarcasm My point is, please drop the corporate ****, drop the ego, we're all human (mostly...), admit fault or credit where fault or credit is truly due, and then you'll develop a healthier relationship with your customers.

My second request or advice is, use Discord. It's a much tighter way to control your communication than something like Reddit, and much more far reaching and impactful than your forums. Many other game makers use it with success, and many gamers -- including your own customers -- use it too. Come down to our level rather than make us come up to yours, and that, too, goes a long way toward a good relationship.

Take it or leave it, I truly hope you can change things for the better. Good luck and welcome again!
  • I find it highly inappropriate that in a game targeted at ages 9+ (according to Apple) that an community facing member of the team has a name that is slang for illicit substances. I demand to speak to your manager!
  • Welcome!
    Very happy to see this being addressed. Many many issues would be mitigated with clear communication regarding what is happening and expectations.
    To be clear, that doesn't mean the issues disappear but that they don't really in as big of a fallout, ie what the heck is the plan with galactic challenges?
  • Fingers crossed
  • Karen wrote: »
    I find it highly inappropriate that in a game targeted at ages 9+ (according to Apple) that an community facing member of the team has a name that is slang for illicit substances. I demand to speak to your manager!

Hey, look at the leaf on the front of his shirt.
    “Illicit” is subjective and it doesn’t apply north of the 49th.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Karen wrote: »
    I find it highly inappropriate that in a game targeted at ages 9+ (according to Apple) that an community facing member of the team has a name that is slang for illicit substances. I demand to speak to your manager!

Look at his username

Its a parody post
  • A warm, warm welcome to you Doja Fett!

Truly you have my best wishes for a great career doing this needed work. I'll be looking forward to more, but I know you are going to have a busy first few days, so I will (for once) leave it to other people to wax longwinded.
  • kello_511 wrote: »

He’s not Canadian he said so himself. I’m sure 9 year old Canadians can’t legally use. CG is a US based company and it’s still illegal almost everywhere here. Now I would like to speak to your manager! Next!
  • Ultra wrote: »

Look at his username

Its a parody post

I guess my sense of humour is a bit too dry for you to catch on. I was just having fun with it.
  • Karen wrote: »

He’s not Canadian he said so himself. I’m sure 9 year old Canadians can’t legally use. CG is a US based company and it’s still illegal almost everywhere here. Now I would like to speak to your manager! Next!

Doubt it's illegal anywhere in the world to make puns about stuff. Regardless of how it is anywhere else, it's legal in Sacramento. Next!
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Doubt it's illegal anywhere in the world to make puns about stuff. Regardless of how it is anywhere else, it's legal in Sacramento. Next!

Reeeeeeeeeee! You rude, rude boy. No one said puns are illegal. This is just extremely poor taste In a children’s game. Now go fetch me the manager!
  • Two things:

1. Welcome @CG_Doja_Fett !

2. Does this mean we are going to get more and better communication?
  • Toyoda wrote: »
    Discord is massive for this community. There are hundreds of servers. Some dedicated specifically to factions in the game, others for content creators, still others to guild clusters and guilds, along with many other kinds of servers. A lot of communication between members of the community happens there, more so than on other platforms imo. A community Discord server would go a long way for community engagement.

I completely agree. This can really go a long way in helping both the community and CG.
    • They will have a great way to find out what the community wants and doesn't want, what it likes and doesn't like, etc.
    • If CG ever doesn't post in a while, having a discord server will show the community that they still do exist and they haven't forgotten about us.
    • Bug reports will be significantly better. I have noticed that every once in a while there have been some "toxic" posts on reddit regarding bugs. I believe that if there was an option to report bugs on discord, it would be a lot more wholesome.
    • From my experience, the swgoh community on discord has been very friendly and always there whenever someone needs help. They got together to figure out counters, to figure out how to beat raids, to discover Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, etc. If you are worried that we might cause trouble or that a discord would just result in ranting, I assure you this is not the case. At the end of the day, we are all a bunch of Star Wars fans playing a game, and I don't see why anyone would try and ruin that, and if they do, you can always swing the ban hammer.
    • After watching the interview with CubsFan Han and Carrie, it made something more clear than ever to me, and unfortunately I'm not sure if everyone sees this. Many people believe that CG is inhumane, but at the same time they don't treat CG properly. I believe that if there was a discord server, it would help both sides recognize that at the end of the day, we are all human, and we all are hurt when something we worked so hard for is disrespected. Something that Carrie said that really popped out at me was that it really hurt to have the community yell at the devs and say that something they made ****. Having a discord would really help bridge the gap between the developers and players of the game that we all love, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Look at his username

Its a parody post

I guess my sense of humour is a bit too dry for you to catch on. I was just having fun with it.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fatal
    58 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Antwon120 wrote: »
    Toyoda wrote: »
    Discord is massive for this community. There are hundreds of servers. Some dedicated specifically to factions in the game, others for content creators, still others to guild clusters and guilds, along with many other kinds of servers. A lot of communication between members of the community happens there, more so than on other platforms imo. A community Discord server would go a long way for community engagement.

I believe that if there was a discord server, it would help both sides recognize that at the end of the day, we are all human, and we all are hurt when something we worked so hard for is disrespected. Something that Carrie said that really popped out at me was that it really hurt to have the community yell at the devs and say that something they made
    [/list]

Unfortunately that has more to do with people feeling okay with being rude online when they're anonymous. Plenty of jerks on Discord as well.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    hq7xl7uknu66.png

That's a good picture of us.

@Kyno hope it wasn't you that bought all of the Adidas Boba Trainers!!! GRRRR!!!!

Welcome aboard @CG_Doja_Fett there's a good crew on here who appreciate the new addition to the comms team!
    This is the Way