New Mods Slicing

Prev1
Hi everyone,

I would like to make sure I understand correctly what CG said below

"Just like previous tiers, each time you upgrade your Mods it will provide an extra roll on one of the Secondary Stats but individual Secondary Stats still cannot roll more than 5 times. This means the maximum amount of Speed a mod can have will continue to be capped at what it is now and allows other Secondary Stats to be more valuable"

Does this mean that we won't be able to improve our speed with the new 6-A mods?
Tx

Replies

• Only 5 speed rolls. So if you have a +25 that you want to increase the other stats, or you have one that has hit speed 4 times you could get a5th
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Secondaries on mods cap at 5 rolls. This locks in a max on all secondaries.

So yes you could have a mod that didnt roll speed all the way to 6E, and the hit speed all upgrades to 6A, and that would be equal speed to a mod that upgraded each time from 5E to 6E.
  • ok so if I have a mods with +20 speed, I might be able to roll some SPEED, but it won't go over 25 total right?
  • That’s not right, speed rolls can be up to +6, and it starts at maximum +7 (I’ve never seen a mod with +7 speed from level 1 but it’s possible) so maximum speed remains the same 31 speed
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    That’s not right, speed rolls can be up to +6, and it starts at maximum +7 (I’ve never seen a mod with +7 speed from level 1 but it’s possible) so maximum speed remains the same 31 speed

Nope max starting and upgrade value is 6

4 more upgrades gets you to 30.

Then you get +1 going from 5 to 6 dot

31 is the max speed you can get on a mod.
  • miguelfoo wrote: »
    That’s not right, speed rolls can be up to +6, and it starts at maximum +7 (I’ve never seen a mod with +7 speed from level 1 but it’s possible) so maximum speed remains the same 31 speed

Ive never heard of a mod starting at 7, only 6.
    But you are right the max is 31. Five procs of 6 speed plus 1 for upgrading to a six star.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    @cournojo to avoid confusion, check the no of bumps on your mod. 5 is tha max any stat can get (=4 extra bumps). It doesn't matter what the values are.
  • The number of times a mod can roll any secondary stat remains at 5. No cap on how much speed that mod can have. Theoretically you can have a +30 secondary speed mod, but that’s exceedingly rare to get
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Case in example, this mod won't get a speed bump.

u7goyn0cxuho.png
  • So it seems heads it's yes, tails it's no.
  • Speed arrows beat the max 31. My MK VI-E arrow is 32 speed.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Speed arrows beat the max 31. My MK VI-E arrow is 32 speed.

31 is max Secondary speed. Primary speed cap is 32.
  • Go ahead and rain on my parade. I'll take my arrow and go home.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Case in example, this mod won't get a speed bump.

u7goyn0cxuho.png

Sorry but that hurts
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    So it seems heads it's yes, tails it's no.

To make this very easy: Is a 5 displayed next to speed?
    Yes - no more speed possible
    No - more speed possible

A mod with the 5 max rolls can be anywhere from 18(?) to 31 speed as a 6E, that's pure luck and can't be changed in any way.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • My first attempt (only attempt) was a (4) 21 speed and got a +7 so 28 speed total
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kripty wrote: »
    My first attempt (only attempt) was a (4) 21 speed and got a +7 so 28 speed total

.....the max upgrade is +6....
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    My first attempt (only attempt) was a (4) 21 speed and got a +7 so 28 speed total

.....the max upgrade is +6....
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Press X to doubt
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Well apparently we may be wrong....
    https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Mods#Secondary_Stats3vwbdq4924dj.jpg

I am checking with the source, but max might be 7 for 6 dots

Edit: there may be rounding errors that cause this and it may not be possible to get 7. Not like it matters, player is more likely to win the lottery twice in one day than get it if they can....haha.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • If thats true, you could potentially get a +35 speed secondary?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    If thats true, you could potentially get a +35 speed secondary?

I believe that all the rolls are % based with a variance, however also has a max possible value.
    I am still trying to dig up more info
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Edit: there may be rounding errors that cause this and it may not be possible to get 7. Not like it matters, player is more likely to win the lottery twice in one day than get it if they can....haha.

Funny enough the source you provided now show +3 to +6 for 6* mod slicing
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

Yeah we were talking and got a reply about this from a dev so, it's being corrected.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Yeah we were talking and got a reply about this from a dev so, it's being corrected.

People just need to remember CG doesn't round, they truncate
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Yes the new max speed on a mod is

6 + 1 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 = 35

If you take it to tier 6 without hitting speed you get the plus 1... then it hits speed four more times for 7 each in tier 6.

This may or may not be wai

But this is in fact the way the game is currently working.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If you take it to tier 6 without hitting speed you get the plus 1... then it hits speed four more times for 7 each in tier 6.

We were tied 6 is the max, so it's possible this player is misremembering.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2020

We were tied 6 is the max, so it's possible this player is misremembering.

Fairly easy to check swgoh.gg to see what it was... @Kripty can u post the mod
  • I was hyped for the new mod slicing materials but theyre just locked behind galactic challenges . I got the materials to slice a mod 3 days ago. The hype is practically dead for me now, will these new slicing materials ever be farmable?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Eventually