With expected changes, which Characters will you prepare?

Prev1
DarthCyren
409 posts Member
edited March 2016
With the updates and new information on upcoming changes, I see a plethora of people questioning their longer-term strategies.

Personally, I have several characters I believe I'll be focusing on as of now to make sure are stronger and some plans I'll be following.

Characters Focusing On
- Phasma
- Savage Oppress
- Jedi Counselor
- Royal Guard
- Boba Fett

I'm fortunate, as will be many, to have maxed out Phasma, JC and nearly maxed out Savage Oppress. I'll have them prepared when the time comes. I have yet to unlock Boba Fett so my priority will be to activate and buff him up, along with Royal Guard ASAP.

I believe those characters will be buffed due to their slow pace and limited damage and following hwat they say, a 'well-balanced' team is going to be much more viable, so characters like JC and etc. will be much more valuable and Defensive tanks will be much more indispensable.

In the interim, I'll be hording credits and droids along with mats and putting a stop to any further upgrading so I'll be prepared when the time comes.

This is another case of 'getting ahead of the meta', which some players ascribe to and some don't preferring to enjoy the game leisurely and change as needed.

Anyone else have any thoughts on particular characters or strategies?

Also looking through datamined information, which is speculative, some other characters to look into.

- Fives
- Asaji Ventress
- Darth Maul(shooting for a Chromium dream)
- Barriss Offee
- Nightsister Initiate
- Mace Windu - cheap gear cost)
- Old Ben
- Plo Koon

Replies

• Lightwalker
    256 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    QGJ lead, mace, yoda, Plo koon and 5's?
  • Ct Fives will rock. I have feeling. High hp, counter, upg dmg. And double attack. Phasma kylo Ct Fives looks Like a good start. All high hp slow chars may be the future. Soon 6* vader :)
    Qgj will be still good as will Rey (fastest in the game)
  • masterring wrote: »
    Ct Fives will rock. I have feeling. High hp, counter, upg dmg. And double attack. Phasma kylo Ct Fives looks Like a good start. All high hp slow chars may be the future. Soon 6* vader :)
    Qgj will be still good as will Rey (fastest in the game)

Yea I have a feeling Fives will be good he's just difficult to unlock - I can probably save time by hitting RG very hard with Boba, but definately Fives will be in the priority list as well.
  • Arena only -

Teams will probably have to be more balanced - you will prob need a tank with a taunt (RG, Han, Poe, even maybe Chewie) a healer (Lumi or maybe Daka, Bariss, EElder, JC, or a situational heal like AA) and then some three set synergy on final toons.

It looks like speed will be less important, but turn meter manip and speed up/down could become ultra important if matches last significantly longer

A ton of toons look viable for that final 3 - some that seem extra beneficial now than before

Phas, advantage and turn meter
    Yoda, chance to use all of his skills strategally if matches last longer
    Grenade throwers - if matches last longer
    5's
    Slower toons like - Maul and Ventress
    Former 'glass cannons' - the two above as well as 88, Luke, FOTP

And more
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • k7NljFa6pXmYE.gif
  • All I would say is you have to look at what their skills will be at level 8 and above. Even if they reduce toons like QGJ damage he will be manipulating turn meters with a 65% chance to up his turn meter by 30% + a 65% chance to reduce the receiving characters turn meter by 30% on his basic attack.

Then you have 5s slowing people on his basic - which he can do if called to assist.

Also stuns and ability block abilities will become a lot more tactical (assuming the one hit kills are eradicated)
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Meta is gonna be fives for sure. I'm thinking phasma lead, Kylo, fives, Savage and Han for tm manipulation. Or insert 5th...ventress, maybe rg or even maul (except chromium).
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • DarthCyren
    409 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm also looking at speculated stats, balancing things and I'm also giving another look at the following squad at LVL 80.

Qui Gon Jinn (L)
    Lumi
    Old Ben
    Barriss Offee (Possible Swap for Macu or Ahsoka in Arena)
    Grand Master Yoda

I'm liking the Jedi synergy there and their lvl 80 projected stats would possibly be off the chain.

• The meta change is here to force us to grind. Characters that are rarely owned and not in the shipments will be the ones Devs give biggest advantage to. You'll see Magmatrooper for example being a star
  • Chief Chirpa (L)

Ewok elder

Ewok Scout

Teebo

Daka/RG

Ewoks all the way lol
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Im still focusing on my Jedi Ill mix and match with what I can but as plan B in case Jedi start to suck again like befor QGJ(L) then I have 7* phasma 5* Fives 4* Savage 4* Han and some others I am a little tempted to go for RG I believe he will be especially awesome in the new meta( Im starting to here nerf threads already) and actually Asajj seems to be like she will be dominant in this meta especially sins she removes buffs and has a extremely strong AoE.

Post note: If Old Ben gets a taunt he will be a key component of many teams in arena. Thats for sure
  • The meta change is here to force us to grind. Characters that are rarely owned and not in the shipments will be the ones Devs give biggest advantage to. You'll see Magmatrooper for example being a star

Nothing wrong with this!
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    The meta change is here to force us to grind. Characters that are rarely owned and not in the shipments will be the ones Devs give biggest advantage to. You'll see Magmatrooper for example being a star

Nothing wrong with this!

I think it is. Its a money grab. Turning the game meta on its head and forcing us to for lack of a better term, restart, is nothing but a money grab.
  • Kopfschuss wrote: »
    The meta change is here to force us to grind. Characters that are rarely owned and not in the shipments will be the ones Devs give biggest advantage to. You'll see Magmatrooper for example being a star

Nothing wrong with this!

I think it is. Its a money grab. Turning the game meta on its head and forcing us to for lack of a better term, restart, is nothing but a money grab.

So a stale meta where only ~15% of characters are actually viable is your preference? I and many, many others have been asking for something along these lines for months.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    cc48c1f5d348c911398c139701595c4334ea92e1_hq.jpg
  • Focusing on maxing out my clone team. Then testing what character to run in the five hole.
  • Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    I'm also looking at speculated stats, balancing things and I'm also giving another look at the following squad at LVL 80.

Qui Gon Jinn (L)
    Lumi
    Old Ben
    Barriss Offee (Possible Swap for Macu or Ahsoka in Arena)
    Grand Master Yoda

I'm liking the Jedi synergy there and their lvl 80 projected stats would possibly be off the chain.

I'm looking at just continuing jedi as well but adding savage from arena and maybe RP in GW. Just started old ben after leaving mace at 6* 60/100 haha
  • Lightwalker
    256 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Would it make Barris more relevant again?
  • Kopfschuss wrote: »

Nothing wrong with this!

So a stale meta where only ~15% of characters are actually viable is your preference? I and many, many others have been asking for something along these lines for months.

I don't think turning the meta on it's head in one update is good no
  • Yeah i have seen the information and believe to stay top side.

Phasma
    FOO
    FOTP
    Kylo
    RG

Slow but seriously powerful team, turn meter reducing and insane amount of assists.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    I'm working on empire and clones. Both have high hp, slow speed toons.
  • Focus on whoever you like (with reasonable limits) and ask yourself what type of team do you want to play? AOE? Counter-attack? Speedy? Stealth? Stuns/Control or a combination.

The more important thing is can you get 450/500 crystals every night in Arena? You wouldn't give a heck about the meta or effective characters if you can do so.

• I think Aayla will shine. Huge HP pool, average speed, stun, call assist, counter with extra damage, self-heal. Great kit at all!
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Probably Phasma and Savage, RG

Why Jedi Consular for this meta?
  • I will be focusing on -redacted- because at level -redacted- -redacted- will work really well with -also redacted-. My biggest fear is -redacted- teams featuring -redacted- although that is why I am also leveling and gearing -redacted- to help counter -redacted-. Expect to see -redacted- really shake up the meta!

But really, at this point we're speculating blindly based on previously unfinished datamined info and a meta that can't exist due to the patch not even existing yet. I am personally of the belief that high speed characters will still reign, but that you will see hybrid teams that feature -redacted- as a key component. Because -redacted- will probably control the new meta.

Sincerely yours,
    -redacted-
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member

Nothing wrong with this!

+1
    It absolutly is (nothing wrong with a conpany trying to make $ tho)
    But they are not doing this in the best interest of thenplayers or the game. Most toons are fina as they are no buff/nerf needed. All they had to do was balance a few select toons, and apply their new fortitude stat and fix defence. See how thT plays out BEFORE basically gutting the game after we all worked had and put the time/$ into our current toons.

This is the most discouraging move i have seen them make yet (and i was there for barissgate)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member

Nothing wrong with this!

I don't think turning the meta on it's head in one update is good no

+1
  • Savage opress main priority for me
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    this happened once already with Poe and speed leader, looks like its happening again, I don't mind the changes if they are infrequent or minimal, but this looks like meta is changing on a monthly basis. I spend a lot of $$$ crystals leveling up my characters, that take weeks to 7* and when they hit 7* the meta changes and the characters are useless for arena.

Which means I would have to buy more crystals and refarm everything and the whole month prior was wasted money invested, this would actually makes this game pointless play.

Developers PLEASE don't change the meta every month. :(
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    I have a fives who hits 4 stars today, was going to stop there but now won't. Still farming same stuff RG, Ray, I'm currently doing IG 88 who should be fine in new meta, then will have to look at Savage after. I'm definately going to farm Ren after 7 star to Geo.