SLKR, The Best Galactic Legend In The Game?

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited October 2020
Kylo is shaping up to still remain the best GL out of the 4 in the game.

Kylo can beat every other ultimate GL. Except, for Luke (squad arena only)

Luke counters SLKR but it seems that he’s only successful when he uses GAS, JKL (the best 2 non-gl characters in the game), Revan (top tier Jedi) & hyoda.

In other game modes, this would require Luke to break apart 2-3 squads to counter Kylo. Which definitely wouldn’t be worth it.

Rey can counter kylo if she breaks apart a 501st team and rebel squad. All to beat a SLKR squad that only uses FO characters.

Kylo himself, beats squad arena SEE & squad arena Rey while only taking characters from his own independent faction.

He also dominates raids and all PvE content that has been thrown his way.

Is it safe to say, Kylo is the best Galactic Legend so far? With the current testing of the new GLs (ultimate / no ultimate) it seems as if Kylo is still the best all around galactic legend in the game. As well as the most worthwhile Galactic legend to go after.

(Note: This isn’t biased because I don’t own SLKR)
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I don't think we know enough. Not enough in the wild yet. I still have hope that Seep will rule them all.

I have slkr, Rey, and farming seep tickets right now for context
  • It might be too early to tell. We haven’t seen Luke or Palpatine in any PvE setting yet, but I doubt they will be better than SLKR. One thing I think we should consider are the challenge tiers for assault battles; I have seen SLKR struggle in Places of Power Challenge Tier III because he weakens his team around him. If PvE content moving forward is similar, then SLKR might not gain much value. SEE works with his team more and might prove more useful there. Also, Luke and Rey have a harder Geonosis Territory Battle than SLKR so we need to take that into consideration as well.

Apart from that, SLKR is phenomenal. Even all his requirements fulfill a purpose be it for ships, PvP or marathon type events. I wish Rey, SEE and Luke’s requirements were similar to his in that sense.
  • Remember when Rey was the best gl? 3 days might be a little early.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Remember when Rey was the best gl? 3 days might be a little early.

True, although I don’t see JML getting a significant improvement outside of squad arena once he gets touched up like Kylo did.

SEE would need a GAS or JKL equivalent character to be released to allow him to beat Kylo well.

Unless of course CG Nerfs Kylo which I’m not opposed to 😂
  • I have beat GL Luke with SLKR but it was without Lukes UA. Will see what happens when he uses it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Too early to tell. I'm rather sure cg will wait a few weeks until we figure out weirdo combinations with the new ones, then do some nudges to balance them out better.

While rey has been known as the better defender, this doesn't seem to be the case since swgoh.gg started publishing gac meta. Slkr trumps both in usage and holds

6z5ncwz4yj3v.png
  • Click the 3v3 button and see if that’s replicated...
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    Simply by virtue of being able to be indestructible with full FO squad vs SEE (unless someone comes up with a sith magic trick), SLKR has a major advantage (lololol) even without considering stuff like soloing HSTR.

I know the "JKR countering GML" thing is making all the headlines, but JKR needs to get through GAS walls, and the JKR titan teams we're seeing (often with Rey) aren't exactly your average JKR squad despite JKR's great lead abilities.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Also FO is a pretty solid offensive fleet just using SLKR requirements
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CG favors the dark side....it’s all starting to make sense now.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    CG favors the dark side....it’s all starting to make sense now.

Seems most that like Star Wars prefer the light side. With that knowledge why wouldnt they make it where the dark side was stronger so people would go for both?

I would love to see how many GL Lukes are unlocked compared to GL Palp.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • He doesn't need to pull characters from other teams to be great. He is fantastic in PvP. He is absurdly good in PvE. I just don't see either of the two current GLs replacing him as the top dog. It is early though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Straegen wrote: »
    He doesn't need to pull characters from other teams to be great. He is fantastic in PvP. He is absurdly good in PvE. I just don't see either of the two current GLs replacing him as the top dog. It is early though.

I dont think the goal has been to supplant him with another, but to build out others that fit other areas better.

Either way, there will almost always be one that is persistent at being useful in many areas, even if one may be more useful in one specific area.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I dont think the goal has been to supplant him with another, but to build out others that fit other areas better.
    I hear you. The "who is the best" question generally fits into two categories. Theory crafting and which GL to chase for players that don't have one. Right now it is really difficult to make a case against GL Kylo still being the best in the game in either case.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Straegen wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I hear you. The "who is the best" question generally fits into two categories. Theory crafting and which GL to chase for players that don't have one. Right now it is really difficult to make a case against GL Kylo still being the best in the game in either case.

Yep, I get that, but that is right now. I would also note that most of the arguments about why he is the best are focused on one element (with raid). At some point (we hope) the rewards there will be adjusted or made more available elsewhere. This alone will change the story.

Then other points like new characters and which GL they play best with will also change the picture.