Can Someone Clarify Impact of Increasing Mastery

KalHorn
102 posts Member
edited October 2020
When a character gains for example 100% Mastery, does that mean it’s an additional 100% of these Mastery numbers...
l5c75v4t4o77.jpeg
i.e. Accuracy improved to 27% total, an additional 1170 damage and 90 armor penetration

Or does the character get an additional 100% of the whole stat that they contribute too
edkc5k34ghfi.jpeg
10,322 damage becomes 20,644 damage and armor penetration increases to 190.

The former seems underwhelming and the latter seems OP
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• It will grant 100% mastery- so take their current mastery and double it
  • Yes.
  • It’s the first one
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Doni12 wrote: »
    It’s the first one

Yes its this.

It increases your mastery, how that affects the stats, I cannot say for certain.

I dont know if doubling mastery doubles the stats it affects.
    Maybe @scuba can help
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    I would think it's just the first one. Found another strength attacker at a lower relic level who only had 15 Mastery, and the stat boosts were exactly 1/3 of the r7 boosts. So 90 Mastery should double the bonuses.

1170 damage on JKA with crit damage set and 6-dot triangle amounts to around 6,800 additional damage on a crit from basic. A little over 10,000 more damage if he had offense up. However, under JML lead with the other offense bonus and the crit damage up from the ultimate, this means JKA is doing an additional 17,922 damage on a crit from his basic (with offense up). If he also had Master's training from GMY, the additional damage now becomes 22,000.

+90 armor penetration takes him from 290 to 380. How that affects damage mitigation depends on the armor of the enemy, but I'll take it.

Edit: So I forgot about JKL. Putting Jedi's Will on Anakin will increase the crit damaged gained just from the doubling of Mastery to 24,000.

I did the total damage calc for my R7 Anakin assuming post-ultimate JML lead (including the Crit Damage Up), Offense Up, Master's Training, and Jedi's Will: 192,182 on basic, not counting damage variance or defense, but he'd have 380 armor penetration. So a really high armor character at around 65% would only be reduced to 55.5%. So like a Malak would only take 85,521 if you land the crit. But any character with below 37.4% armor would receive full damage.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    IIRC for most of the stats under the last part (Health/protection/damage) you can simply divide the stat by the mastery stat and get the stat increase per mastery value
    The % based stats are little bit different

Also the stat boosts show in the mastery screen is before mods
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It’s the first one

Yes its this.

It increases your mastery, how that affects the stats, I cannot say for certain.

Maybe @scuba can help

Mastery is actually a very small boost. In this video from the release of the first Galactic Legends I did the math and you can see the exact stats gains characters get.

https://youtu.be/xaWhbcntv3s
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    IIRC for most of the stats under the last part (Health/protection/damage) you can simply divide the stat by the mastery stat and get the stat increase per mastery value

Just looked thru stat Calculator. basically the only ones that will be werid to try an figure out will be armor and resistance. The only stats are simply a multiplier * mastery stat
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

So when they gain 100% Mastery from a GL, do the mods then calculate on top of it in the battle? This would create even more of an impact for offense% mods.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

So when they gain 100% Mastery from a GL, do the mods then calculate on top of it in the battle? This would create even more of an impact for offense% mods.

Mods don’t recalculate - they are added and considered as base offense at the start of battle

I think flat static mastery values is eh

I’m very interested in how armor % increases as mastery is doubled. Will GK have +6.4% armor?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    It’s the first one

Yes its this.

Maybe scuba can help

Mastery is actually a very small boost. In this video from the release of the first Galactic Legends I did the math and you can see the exact stats gains characters get.

https://youtu.be/xaWhbcntv3s

Thank you.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Mods don’t recalculate - they are added and considered as base offense at the start of battle

I’m very interested in how armor % increases as mastery is doubled. Will GK have +6.4% armor?

From what scuba said above, my guess is the armor flat stat is what gets doubled, which does not translate to a doubling of percent.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Armor/restiance values it is always the fault values that are modified, and they have diminishing returns (maybe not the right term) basically higher intial value less a boost the same amount will add
  • Mastery bonus seems fairly straight forward to me. A character that has 45 mastery and gets a 100% bonus to it will have 90 mastery. On that has 30 till get 60. Makes sense.

For me, where it gets muddy is with SLKR:s mastery siphon. According to his kit he siphons mastery based on percentage not points. Let's say a character has 45 mastery. SLKR has 100 stacks of siphon and drains 100% of the guy's mastery. Then he should now have 0 mastery. And if does it again he will have -45 mastery. Makes sense so far. But if he does the same to a character with 30 mastery, will he drain 30 points of mastery, making it more impactful against higher reliced characters? And how exactly does it work against non-reliced characters? How do you drain a percentage of 0 (which the FAQ stated he could)? Or is the percent bit of the kit just wrong (or misunderstood by me) and an SLKR with 100 siphon actually drains 100 points of mastery so the first example would actually go from 45 to -55?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    d3ltoro wrote: »
    Mastery bonus seems fairly straight forward to me. A character that has 45 mastery and gets a 100% bonus to it will have 90 mastery. On that has 30 till get 60. Makes sense.

For me, where it gets muddy is with SLKR:s mastery siphon. According to his kit he siphons mastery based on percentage not points. Let's say a character has 45 mastery. SLKR has 100 stacks of siphon and drains 100% of the guy's mastery. Then he should now have 0 mastery. And if does it again he will have -45 mastery. Makes sense so far. But if he does the same to a character with 30 mastery, will he drain 30 points of mastery, making it more impactful against higher reliced characters? And how exactly does it work against non-reliced characters? How do you drain a percentage of 0 (which the FAQ stated he could)? Or is the percent bit of the kit just wrong (or misunderstood by me) and an SLKR with 100 siphon actually drains 100 points of mastery so the first example would actually go from 45 to -55?

Look thru slkr kit release (I think it is there), one of the devs mentioned about this and I can't remember if they said mastery can go negative or not

To add
    Per the mechanics it siphon 1% * number of stacks
    So 100 stacks should be 100%
    So 60 mastery means opponent loses 60 and SLKR gains 60
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mastery bonus seems fairly straight forward to me. A character that has 45 mastery and gets a 100% bonus to it will have 90 mastery. On that has 30 till get 60. Makes sense.

Look thru slkr kit release (I think it is there), one of the devs mentioned about this and I can't remember if they said mastery can go negative or not

It can go negative. It's in the announcements about mastery itself.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

It can go negative. It's in the announcements about mastery itself.

Ok I knew it was somewhere.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I think it's based on his mastery, not the opponents.

So the % is used to calculate how much he would remove based on his mastery, and then remove that much from the opponent.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

I think it's based on his mastery, not the opponents.

So the % is used to calculate how much he would remove based on his mastery, and then remove that much from the opponent.

That is correct, it is why he still gets a boost vs raid bosses
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yes, SLKR has the biggest mastery gain out of the four GL, since his mastery gain is exponential

JML has a cap on his mastery (double the mastery of each toon once they have Jedi Legacy). So with more relic tiers, that cap is still there

Rey, SEE, SLKR have % increase

From what I understand, if you have SLKR at 50 mastery at the start of battle and he has 100 siphon stacks and does his AOE, he now has 100 mastery (100% increase) and then he does AOE again, and now has 200 mastery (more than JML can get), and then another AOE would push him to 400 mastery

But if you target a stunned opponent, he is gaining 200% increase on his mastery per hit, so 3 hits on a stunned opponent would from 50 mastery at 100 siphon stacks (150 -> 450 -> 1350)

While JML at r7 will stay at 90 mastery, rey gets 5% per TM gain, so 5% of 50 is 52, then 5% of 52, and so on

it takes a lot of TM increase by enemy to get a significant boost

SEE also gets a lot of mastery but nothing beats SLKR in terms of how much mastery is ramped up. SEE also boosts mastery of team but its more significant than JML's or Rey's since he doubles the mastery just like JML but they also get stacking increase throughout the battle before and after the mastery doubles
  • Thanks Kyno and Scuba. Never occured to me that it was based on his own mastery.