Hi guys, first of all, I didn't find anything related in the tracker, so sorry if I'm repeating a topic. As a F2P player with more than 3 years in the game, I totally understand the need for monetizing the new content and characters and I'm not against that.
But I think there is a way of helping both new and old F2P players in a way in which the monetization will not be affected and at the same time, improves the overall experience for F2P players.
Nowadays in store we have:
- Shipments: To buy gear with credits. 98% useless.
- Weekly Shipments: Here every week you can buy toons and gear with credits, useful, but once a week.
- Cantina store: After a couple of years you farm all the characters and is useless.
- Guild Store: The only interesting store to buy gear.
- Arena Squadron Store: Same as cantina, useless after a couple of years.
- Galactic War Store: Same. Useless.
- Fleet Store: Place to buy Zetas, after a while all the rest is useless.
- The rest of the stores are ok.
So, can we agree that we have 11 stores, from which half is totally useless after a couple of years?
At the same time, the game is doing something great with the journey guide. By placing the characters there you can play whenever you reach the prerequisites, without waiting months, if the character is more than 1 year old.
Why we can't do the same for characters older than 2 years? The devs can just add those characters as rotations to the currently useless stores, so we can focus our energy in the gear crunch and the new characters that are the new hype, and not spending 3 months F2P farming a character that came to the game 3 years ago.
Stupid example: URoRRuR'R'R'
Useless character. Is not a requisite for anything in the game, and no one will ever farm it. Why not include him in a store to be collected?
Another example: Imperial Supercommand
Another example: Baze Malbus. Only one hard node farming for a non-relevant character.
The same happens with a lot of old characters, not useful in the actual meta, hard to farm, and where the game is not getting any monetization.
Once the character has 7stars you still need to:
- Farm for gear until level 13, (carbantis, stun guns, cuffs, gear 13 pieces)
- Get good mods
- Farm the new mods
- Farm the relic materials
I mean, is not that the character is usable at 7stars, you still need to invest in order to use him.
What do you think?