Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

Replies

• Jakdnels wrote: »
    Do GCs and new mod materials count as content? Last week it was posted that they'd be coming this week. Any idea if we will see them today or tomorrow?

To be fair, yes GC counts as new content. It’s not fun in anyway, but it fits their definition of new content.

Personally, I’m ok with a swing and miss every now and then, but to get 1 swing for 2020 is just not acceptable.

I don’t know if anyone remembers those flash events from a few years ago. It was a bad idea that they rightfully removed, but at least they tried. And that year they got other events right.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    I believe CG know what we count as content right? Still waiting. Hopefully by this Yr end there is something meaningful for everybody to do and not stuck behind a gear wall.

Also Christmas, hope they do something and not give a lame excuses of we don't celebrate Christmas
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »
    It is quite amazing that this game has existed for this many years, and still has so many days with nothing to do.

Do you want to know why it still exists? It's because of the whales.

Its probably more due to f2p, than whales. Whale only games make money, but are usually short lived. You need a large player base to keep a game going.

Also in before someone says we are both wrong and it's only due to being Star Wars. Any other IP wouldn't last.

The devs need money to make and run the game. They get money from people buying packs (p2p and whales). F2P players are f2p and don't spend money.

Whales pay to get ahead of players, there is no one to get ahead of without f2p.

we can do this all day. for a game to have a long life they need both and each needs the other.
    I'm impressed a moderator thinks so. But was there a lot of help for f2p? =D
    Even Hyperdrive bundles helps new dolphins+
    There were no boosts for 'whole' playerbase
    Well, ok, some old legendaries gonna have lvl reduced but... the quantity of characters and gear crunch increases. The speed... not so much
    This game is already very F2P friendly, there is literally nothing that can't be gotten with just time put into the game. many F2P seem to be doing just fine and love the game.

this has been discussed before and there are points that have been good for F2P, and honestly, the thing about GLs is that they are good for F2P, they are long term goals sure, but seem to have a power base that is going to keep them in the top for a while, and keep them useful longer than most other end game toons. anything with a long shelf life is good for F2P. more "ROI" on the time invested.

I couldn't disagree with this more. you are not considering that by the time F2P gets a GL, the game will become stale to the Whales. (as you said they need to feel like they are ahead of someone). So the power creep will come into play once again.

The F2P playerbase doesn't need or ever want another long term goal. I have never heard anyone say "I can't wait to farm that character and get them in 12 months!".

The simple truth is both sides want daily replayable content that either 1.) continuously rewards your effort or 2.) is challenging through theory crafting or 3.) a sandbox to get better in other facets of the game.

Their consistent reskinning of content and slow pour of gear that is unusable to the end game playerbase is what is driving people away. The main reasons people stay in this game is brand loyalty or sunk cost fallacy.

GLs are a better long term investment than others that have come before.

vrewgry322ru.jpg

rv62k94ba6cg.jpg

But if you have any points you would actually like to make that might be helpful to the conversation.

How about you elaborate or in any way substantiate about GLs long term?
    Better investment than others?
    Better than thrawn?

Wrong.

They had one of the longest runs so far (and still on going) in the one area that many consider the key to F2P income, arena. They seem to be key to solid defenses in TW and GAC, 2 other key points of income.

Thrawn is probably the one I will give you as the single best investment at this point, and cheaper. You got me there. I was really pointing to METAs, which thrawn never really was, he is a plug and play key toon in many off counters, but those don't help you hold.

If you're pointing to metas then it still doesnt hold water.
    An 'other' toon requiring investment can be used in any meta team moving forward, each meta team will have a GL, that is a fairly safe assumption.
    But they'll have 1.
    And the meta teams are fairly consitently a hodge-podge of what the community makes work.

Meta toons and toons in general of course are devalued by the power creep of the game. That's always been a constant in the game.
    GLs are also devalued along another axis, their 1 per team cap limitation.

Point is, GLs are nothing special beyond being another meta toon. Maybe worse. And yet to date their investment is the worst in the game for yield.

CG has been too busy working on shiny kits and spamming the synonym search button for ways to rename their packs they sell. All for them, none for us. Feelssadman.jpeg
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Still no new communications
    How u guys had been busy farming for the new GLs as that is the new content so far..
  • - Where is the new PVE content?
    - Where are the new table nodes?
    - LS/DS nodes?
    - Ship nodes?
    - Cantina Nodes?
    - New Daily challenge tiers?
    - Why is the length in between GC’s so long?
    - Where are the new ships?
    - Where is a new raid?
    - is there plans for ship raids?
    - When will we get fleet management?
    - Is there a new community manager when will the manager communicate?
    - When and how can we earn new mod materials?
    - What content is planned for the next 6 months or 1 year?
    - When is the next Q & A?
    - When are we getting relic abilities?
    - When is next GL schedule going to drop?
    - Do they have plans to make mythic raids?
    - Will they consider changing new GL kits if they are lackluster compared to old teams or will they just add doesn't work against Luke to the old kits?
    - We can't have Baby Yoda because he resembles a child and something about violence against kids, so... killing little cute ewoks is okay, baby Yoda not okay?
    - Why did the dev tracker just die without a funeral or even a statement about its passing?

- Who designs the cool art for the packs?

This game would be a lot more fun if we could get some communication going.
  • Looks like the new community manager hasn't increased the communication. CG really needs to release another Road Ahead or QOL to tell us what is happening and why haven't they done stuff (ie make GC's everyday).
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    The way i look at it, the devs are putting out all these new things to chase/farm like new characters and mod upgrades to give us more crunches.
    Then once those are in place they slowly start to ease the old gear crunch so new players can catch up quicker and to them the game will feel more of a windfall all the time. At the beginning lol
    Also encouraging more new players.
    The devs have their own game. Attack on our hoards. Lol
    Put hurdles in place for top end players and remove those old hurdles for low end players and the problem of gear crunch is now kicked further down the road.
    We will never not have a grind. Relieving old grinds just means new once have been put in place.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Looks like the new community manager hasn't increased the communication. CG really needs to release another Road Ahead or QOL to tell us what is happening and why haven't they done stuff (ie make GC's everyday).

While I totally agree that we need a road ahead or detailed SotG, let the new guy have a chance before we dunk on him. A weekend is not a chance. With that said...we need to know where this ship is headed!!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Looks like the new community manager hasn't increased the communication. CG really needs to release another Road Ahead or QOL to tell us what is happening and why haven't they done stuff (ie make GC's everyday).

While I totally agree that we need a road ahead or detailed SotG, let the new guy have a chance before we dunk on him. A weekend is not a chance. With that said...we need to know where this ship is headed!!

This were the last words of so many people on the Titantic...
  • Looks like the new community manager hasn't increased the communication. CG really needs to release another Road Ahead or QOL to tell us what is happening and why haven't they done stuff (ie make GC's everyday).

Seriously? He was announced Friday and it's a "holiday weekend" in the US. He hasn't actually even officially started yet.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    U know the new guy might be new, but bread crumb is here for a long time... What has he been up to lately?
  • Where is this "ocean of content" that was promised? We have a whopping zero events accessible today in the events section.
  • No events today. Just waiting to set Platoons in TB. So much for a well of playable content.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    No events today. Just waiting to set Platoons in TB. So much for a well of playable content.

An OCEAN of playable content, if memory serves. I can taste the salt at least...
  • No events today. Just waiting to set Platoons in TB. So much for a well of playable content.

An OCEAN of playable content, if memory serves. I can taste the salt at least...

Endless well of playable content. An ocean of characters and ships. And mountains of unfulfilled teases.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    No events today. Just waiting to set Platoons in TB. So much for a well of playable content.

Endless well of playable content. An ocean of characters and ships. And mountains of unfulfilled teases.

And don't forget about the new community manager to keep silent about all the nothing we are getting.
  • They need some space for the new $ slice mods pack logo .... This is the only kind of contain you will see in the future...
    No more F2P events, only new $ packs can be expected ...
    May the Greed be with you ...

But we got a new lotto pack?
  • BetterCallMaul
    250 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @CG_Doja_Fett are there plans for the advertised daily content (GC) to be made into daily content? Today the events tab is empty. Games like DSA, who should be among your best practices case studies on things like content and communication, have events literally every day. Not just guild events like TB, player events. Something I can do, daily.
    Post edited by BetterCallMaul on
  • SO. MUCH. CONTENT. :sleeping:

Yep. A GC to play around in would have been nice. But nothing in the events tab. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Don’t sim anything. There, now you have content to play. Whole minutes of entertainment await. You’re welcome.
  • No events today. Not even an omega battle...
  • Another busy day on the holotables *sigh*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Don’t sim anything. There, now you have content to play. Whole minutes of entertainment await. You’re welcome.

You are not wrong! Now I have a shallow puddle of content to play!!! wOOt!!! I even manually opened some bronzium packs and got 1 Jedi Knight Guardian shard. That should help with the gear crunch!!

74add9b214bda7f3e0c252aa450bea14.gif

• Eh my wallet appreciates the lack of caring by them SEE will have ultimate tomorrow, and then JML gets going (really not impressed by the way). October I have spent $0. September I spent a whopping $117.40, In August before I finally realized that we are in the give you everything but something worthwhile stage I spent $1,438.70 USD (this includes taxes so take out $6.74 for each vault.. too lazy to math.) anyway I hope it's really paying off for them to continue on this path. I know it's been great for me I have been declining in interest and spending since June.

Oh and for those who must have the Pics or it didn't happen, Enjoy:l1q5lfcaz6p8.png
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    k
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No events, no daily galactic challenge to screw around with, no new raids, new GLs still months out for some people to theory craft, and honestly not really any hope for a fun future in this game.

Oh well, I guess I have LSTB today where I can watch my relic characters get 1 shot in 10 seconds or less.
  • Not a single event today? You guys really really need to up your game. Not even a crappy auto sim for those now redundant training droids??? Do you guys get paid for the job you do? Cos if you do try doing some bloody work and sort yourselves out. Very very poor showing today. If you's were in the UK and I was the gaffer you'd all be getting P45's today... (Google them)
  • TVF wrote: »
    k

Yeah I know, stupid. But if they really do, as kyno insists, monitor these forums. I want them to see it, and maybe, hopefully, decide that not giving us at least some sort of update, on anything outside of the GL's would be appreciated. I know they JUST brought in a new community manager and that will take some time to see how it works out. Can we not just get some discussions around the feedback and follow up on GC's or really the myriad of examples provided by @BobcatSkywalker above. It seems really complicated to just understand why I should get excited about this game anymore. Feels a lot like just chugging along and its at the end state.