Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    They also set expectations that GCs would be tied to daily challenges and people complained, so they took that away.

Challenge eyeballs in tank rewards say hi.

Since you like to say it, can you correlate and provide evidence where they communicated that they took it away because we complained?
  • So promise or not they failed on the main goal and haven't communicated much if at all about why they missed their main goal or when/if they plan to ever hit their main goal. Maybe they blame covid
  • Thanks for taking the topic off the rails, guys. Each extra nonsensical post likely pushes the odds of an actual response further away, but by all means continue the semantical discussion of the definition of their internal intent.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    CG_Tophat wrote:
    We mention in the Road Ahead that we were considering tying access to the event to Daily Activities but we decided against this and there are currently no entry requirements besides reaching account level 60.
    Iy4oy4s wrote:
    Dont give TVF softballs to hit out of the park....DOH!

I fail to see where in there Top Hat said we decided to go against this because you complained so much.

and I agree we need to stop talking incircles about context. The OP made a reasonable post, which has now devolved to this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    really? the OP did?

he is asking when we can start complaining..... I'm pretty sure nothing CG has ever done anything that has prevented the community from complaining, ever.

There are always lots of things going on and I dont know why, but they dont or wont address them. some make sense others do not. A post like this gets a lot of attention from the community, but was never in any way going to get a direct response. There are many ways this could have been brought up or discussed, that was not the way if we really were expecting a response. but maybe thats just me.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    really? the OP did?

he is asking when we can start complaining..... I'm pretty sure nothing CG has ever done anything that has prevented the community from complaining, ever.

There are always lots of things going on and I dont know why, but they dont or wont address them. some make sense others do not. A post like this gets a lot of attention from the community, but was never in any way going to get a direct response. There are many ways this could have been brought up or discussed, that was not the way if we really were expecting a response. but maybe thats just me.

and ignored, like most posts do. Since everyone want's to fight amongst each other here. Can you please provide guidance and an official form we can submit with some radio buttons. I'd also like to have a few drop down box's please.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    really? the OP did?

and ignored, like most posts do. Since everyone want's to fight amongst each other here. Can you please provide guidance and an official form we can submit with some radio buttons. I'd also like to have a few drop down box's please.

ignored would imply not read. not responding is not the same as ignored.

guidance - constructive, meaningful, and thoughtfully post about game related subjects.

will they all be replied to, no of course not, but always be mindful that there are many layers of whats going on at all times and there are times where they cannot share details. There are also times that plans change for reasons they cannot share, and that many times responses require more effort and time than many realize and changes (which means not posting the prepared response) can take even more time and effort. (and maybe even some hair pulling out by the people who write these kinds of things)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    really? the OP did?

Could he have said it better, sure, but the fact that people feel the need to post a thread like this means that CG failed at basic communication.

We will have to agree to disagree here. People post like that because its the internet, and it has literally nothing to do with CG or communication. "could he have said it better" is the last thought of many people who with a simple thought could have. its better to get internet points, than to say it better and work together in a constructive manner as a community.
  • CG is alive with the sound of

*static*

Sound+of+Music.gif
  • Kyno wrote: »
    really? the OP did?

OP's asking if we can have a conversation (albeit with a fair amount of sarcasm). Didn't ask if we can start complaining. Words have meaning.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    really? the OP did?

OP's asking if we can have a conversation (albeit with a fair amount of sarcasm). Didn't ask if we can start complaining. Words have meaning.

yes i read his post. yes words do have meanings
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    ... Soooooo when can we start complaining about there not being new content yet? We were told at 3 months it was too early, 6 months we were told the system was getting upgraded (which is did), and now we are at 9 almost 10 months and still nada?
    really? the OP did?

guidance - constructive, meaningful, and thoughtfully post about game related subjects.

will they all be replied to, no of course not, but always be mindful that there are many layers of whats going on at all times and there are times where they cannot share details. There are also times that plans change for reasons they cannot share, and that many times responses require more effort and time than many realize and changes (which means not posting the prepared response) can take even more time and effort. (and maybe even some hair pulling out by the people who write these kinds of things)

Kyno I appreciate you, I do, and the fact you do this out of the kindness of your heart and try to help them alleviate the need to moderate the forum with in house staff. That being said No, I do not think, nor do I want them to respond to every thread; however, we are again arguing over what is implied. I would like to imply something else then. In my ignorance I would like to ask what exactly does a community manager do then? Surely they are not updating a tracker, they are not posting regularly, and yet there is a need for two. if it is so restrictive and filtered, do I need to draw a meme and ask how many community managers does it take to provide communication to the the community?
    really? the OP did?

... Soooooo when can we start complaining about there not being new content yet? We were told at 3 months it was too early, 6 months we were told the system was getting upgraded (which is did), and now we are at 9 almost 10 months and still nada?

Oops. You're right. I would still like to have the conversation part for what it's worth...
  • People can argue about what CG promised or what was delivered but there are no events today. That is the biggest issue.

The second biggest issue, we have no idea if or when the situation will change.
    really? the OP did?

This reply is entirely a joke.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    really? the OP did?

Could he have said it better, sure, but the fact that people feel the need to post a thread like this means that CG failed at basic communication.

We will have to agree to disagree here. People post like that because its the internet, and it has literally nothing to do with CG or communication. "could he have said it better" is the last thought of many people who with a simple thought could have. its better to get internet points, than to say it better and work together in a constructive manner as a community.

MSF doesn't have people complaining about communication...why....because they communicate regularly! So, dont give me that "its the internet" line. Agreed about the "said it better" thought, however, its hard to work with someone, or company in this instance, that won't communicate back.

Is this a joke? If by “communicate regularly” you mean “tell us what the blitzes will be and introduce YET ANOTHER new toon, plus moar packs” every week then sure, they do communicate regularly. I guess swgoh should go to a weekly calendar.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • So rather than address the issue (cg lack of communication and missing the mark with GC then going into radio silence, hiring a new community manager, and still not communicating)

What do we do?

Essential call people internet trolls who are looking for points posting complaints rather than being constructive and saying their words in a way that we would like to read them.

This kind of response is disgusting for all parties involved, CG, Kyno, and the mystery silent community managers.

File this under the docket of When your customers call you out for failing at your job and you attack the customer for calling you out rather than address their grievance.

This thread is pointless.
  • All the semantics and senseless bickering aside, the bottom line is that there has been barely any new content this year.

For months the excuse was the new delivery system was being worked on. Now that unity has been updated and improved after taking almost 7 months, there still hasn’t been an “ocean of content”. We’ve gotten GC’s which happens about once every week or so. If that. There has been next to no communication about them since the follow up post by crumb pointing out the changes.

We've also received the assault battle challenge tiers which have been great sources of finishers, zetas, relic materials (although very underwhelming in the amount) and kyro’s. So, good 👍🏻

We got two sets of GL’s that most still don’t have because of the insane resource requirements for them. So, no. Trash

We got Vader’s rework which was awesome and the JKL event. The JKL event wasn’t that bad for requirements and was great cinematically.

All in all, what we’ve gotten is far short of what was said to be delivered. There has been next to no communication about key points and that’s unacceptable at this point. Especially now with another community manager on board.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Essential call people internet trolls who are looking for points posting complaints rather than being constructive and saying their words in a way that we would like to read them.

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    really? the OP did?

Kyno I appreciate you, I do, and the fact you do this out of the kindness of your heart and try to help them alleviate the need to moderate the forum with in house staff. That being said No, I do not think, nor do I want them to respond to every thread; however, we are again arguing over what is implied. I would like to imply something else then. In my ignorance I would like to ask what exactly does a community manager do then? Surely they are not updating a tracker, they are not posting regularly, and yet there is a need for two. if it is so restrictive and filtered, do I need to draw a meme and ask how many community managers does it take to provide communication to the the community?

I wish i could explain everything, but I cannot (and some things I truly do not know). But all I can say is cut the person some slack, he does so much, i cannot even start to talk about it all. Hes a great guy and there are points where for me to say "its killing him" would be an understatement. But the roll he fills as Crumb has been falling short of what even he would want it to be(and its killing him). He finally got some support and hopefully we can see things get back on track, and with any luck a little beyond that too.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    really? the OP did?

Oops. You're right. I would still like to have the conversation part for what it's worth...

me too, and so would alot of people on both sides of the table (including the Hat), but there are some things that are not always in the cards.
  • TVF wrote: »

What?

Referring to "he could have written it better" and all the effort that went into how he could have written what he said in another preferred way (in a way that we would like to have read it) rather than focusing on the substance of what he actually said the focus was put on how he said it which is a diversion.

My point is OP was asking for a convo about lack of content. When can we discuss content and I imagine when will devs address players feelings that there is a lack of new content.

That was twisted into he could have said it better and he was just wanting to complain which is sad because I think OP has genuine intent to push a convo about when actual new content should be expected and that is something that benefits us all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    really? the OP did?

MSF doesn't have people complaining about communication...why....because they communicate regularly! So, dont give me that "its the internet" line. Agreed about the "said it better" thought, however, its hard to work with someone, or company in this instance, that won't communicate back.

as I said we can agree to disagree.

about the working together part, you should go back and read what I wrote. "as a community"
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    really? the OP did?

Is this a joke? If by “communicate regularly” you mean “tell us what the blitzes will be and introduce YET ANOTHER new toon, plus moar packs” every week then sure, they do communicate regularly. I guess swgoh should go to a weekly calendar.

https://www.marvelstrikeforce.com/en/updates

Look there and tell me they do not communicate. Plus, when there is a bug ( and there are bugs) they are quick to respond to the community, through Reddit or Youtubers, about the status of that bug. I'm not saying that MSF is perfect, far from it, however, they have communication down.

yeah, they give us the schedule and new toons. like I just said. The one thing they do well is throw us some free stuff when they release something new and there is a bug (which is every time they release something new.)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you