Gear bundle

Ivantgreat85
posts Member
edited October 2020
The gear completion bundle 1 looks like it'll give you different amounts of 6 types of gear but there trying to trick you.

You get Two types of gear with a 4% chance at a third type of gear.

Watch out for CGs trickery all you players, i would have bought beer if i knew i might not get stun guns.

I mean i already bought some beer but i woulda bought more if i knew they we gonna swindle me from stun guns
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• You mean the scam where they tell you the exact odds of getting something?
    89aswgwzxq7z.png
    Maybe the solution to your problem is less beer.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yeah their presentation isn’t the best. I broke my F2P pledge myself and bought one and gotta say it was a big missed opportunity by CG.
    $5 for all that gear would’ve been too low but they could’ve for $5 made all 6 of them available with ranges from 20-50 with different chances and they would’ve sold like hotcakes
  • It's nt a scam but a very questionable move. As the text spells it out very clearly... Bad lick for those whom doesn't read...

But WHY is there RNG for things brought with money? Why not gives us the whole gear at the price, do the community a favor to ease the gear crunch.
  • Looooki wrote: »
    It's nt a scam but a very questionable move. As the text spells it out very clearly... Bad lick for those whom doesn't read...

But WHY is there RNG for things brought with money? Why not gives us the whole gear at the price, do the community a favor to ease the gear crunch.

The pack for $10 is very much more clear on what you can get. Whoever put together the $5 pack even made it read like you’re getting all those bundles together, not separate.

The $5 pack wording is a strike on CG’s behalf. Not the players. I even read it multiple times and read it like OP did.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    You mean the scam where they tell you the exact odds of getting something?
    89aswgwzxq7z.png

Look at the difference in the two packs. The one for $10’was much much clearer. This one was jumbled and read like it was all that gear for $5.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    89aswgwzxq7z.png

Look at the difference in the two packs. The one for $10’was much much clearer. This one was jumbled and read like it was all that gear for $5.

It wasn’t super clear, I agree. But from reading it a couple of times I was able to figure it out. Plus if you click the link to probabilities it was more clear.

Even for the 32% chance, it is a pretty decent pack to buy.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    89aswgwzxq7z.png

They both read similar, that screen shot is just scrolled to where they actually put the odds in the text.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    That is NEVER the solution
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    scuba wrote: »
    89aswgwzxq7z.png

They both read similar, that screen shot is just scrolled to where they actually put the odds in the text.

They are definitely worded differently and I agree that the bigger pack is more clear.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    89aswgwzxq7z.png

They are definitely worded differently and I agree that the bigger pack is more clear.

They are worded similar, the bigger pack is more clear because the formatting is messed up on the smaller pack
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Still prefer they gave us a pack with no RNG. When has purchasing of packs requires a master degree in reading English and maths of probability ...
  • scuba wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    89aswgwzxq7z.png

They are worded similar, the bigger pack is more clear because the formatting is messed up on the smaller pack

That’s my point. The format makes it much less clear. I’m not going to call it a scam because 50 carbs and 25 gold eyeballs for $5 is a nice deal (1775 crystals I believe in gear value). But they need to format better and consistently. That $10 pack is much clearer
    89aswgwzxq7z.png

I am a licensed rocket surgeon, and I can tell you for a fact that the pack description as written would be sufficient to perform a successful rocketectomy. But they should consider using bullets to delimit the possible pack drops instead of commas.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    My point is it clearly says 3, the large pack says 6
    M2KWgmw.png
    So why someone would think they would get more or try to call it a scam I just don't understand.

Edit: and the messed up formating starts with "possible" drops are
    M2KWgmw.png
    So why someone would think they would get more or try to call it a scam I just don't understand.

I think this is visual perceptive. If u Look at the pack without Reading, u would assume u would be getting all the gear and only those 25-50 gear would be a random number.

So is it a scam, kind of? But they did spell it out clearly. Is a matter of did we read it or not?

But to be honest, pack is still attractive for those 2 gear. The 3rd is a bonus.
    M2KWgmw.png

3 whole pieces of core gear can mean that they’d get the full piece of core gear. Not the salavage lol. See? Just more confusion based on the format and presentation.

Perhaps if it was....

“This limited gear bundle provides you the opportunity to gain crucial pieces of core gear! Possible drops with each purchase are...

-32% chance at 50 mark 3 carbanti salavge and 25 mk8 Biotech component salvage

-32% chance at 50 mk5 stun gun salvage and 25 Mk3 stun cuff salvage

-32% chance at 50 mk7 kyrotech shock prod salvage and 25 mk9 kyrotech battle computer salvage

-4% chance at 50 mk7 kyrotech shock prod salvage, 50 mk9 kyrotech battle computer salvage and 50 mk3 stun gun salvage!

Don’t miss out on this amazing pack!
  • Looooki wrote: »
    M2KWgmw.png

I think this is visual perceptive. If u Look at the pack without Reading, u would assume u would be getting all the gear and only those 25-50 gear would be a random number.

So is it a scam, kind of? But they did spell it out clearly. Is a matter of did we read it or not?

But to be honest, pack is still attractive for those 2 gear. The 3rd is a bonus.

Yes, just as how when I buy a chromium pack I expect to get shards for every character shown.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    M2KWgmw.png

3 whole pieces of core gear can mean that they’d get the full piece of core gear. Not the salavage lol. See? Just more confusion based on the format and presentation.

Perhaps if it was....

“This limited gear bundle provides you the opportunity to gain crucial pieces of core gear! Possible drops with each purchase are...

-32% chance at 50 mk7 kyrotech shock prod salvage and 25 mk9 kyrotech battle computer salvage

-4% chance at 50 mk7 kyrotech shock prod salvage, 50 mk9 kyrotech battle computer salvage and 50 mk3 stun gun salvage!

I will agree that core gear vs bundle could cause a confusion.

However it still says 3 or 6, assume the worst hope for the best.

If an offer seems to good to be true it probably is.

And if this was rewarding what the OP thought then there would be tons of posts about the deal of the century
    M2KWgmw.png

Perhaps if it was....

I will agree that core gear vs bundle could cause a confusion.

However it still says 3 or 6, assume the worst hope for the best.

If an offer seems to good to be true it probably is.

And if this was rewarding what the OP thought then there would be tons of posts about the deal of the century

And they’d sell out (theoretically) that pack lol. Heck even if it was 20-25 for all 6 of those for $5 I’d buy it too.
  • Every time I see a comment or thread like this, regardless of where it is, or what it's referring to, I'm just absolutely amazed by the fact people spend money without actually checking exactly what it is they're buying.

So many people would prevent themselves from feeling like they were "scammed" if they'd just read the actual product descriptions in it's entirety AND everything else on the page, like that little "odds" link up there in the corner.
    Looooki wrote: »
    M2KWgmw.png

Yes, just as how when I buy a chromium pack I expect to get shards for every character shown.

f6886o0uz1gd.png

Except it’s clear on exactly what you get and is not a jumbled mess. Just like the $10 gear pack is clear
    M2KWgmw.png

f6886o0uz1gd.png

Except it’s clear on exactly what you get and is not a jumbled mess. Just like the $10 gear pack is clear

That's bronzium packs.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    M2KWgmw.png

f6886o0uz1gd.png

That's bronzium packs.

Sarcasm?
  • The pack probability pdf makes it pretty easy to see what you can get. I’m pretty happy with it. Spent $5 and got 2100 crystals worth of Kyros.
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    M2KWgmw.png

f6886o0uz1gd.png

That's bronzium packs.

Sarcasm?

No, late at night and no glasses.
  • 7kmawbvtfr2l.png
    hqyric68joy2.png
    Yeah I tried the 7.99 Gear bundle on top of crystals- but only received two pieces of gear instead of the three promised!

Not good enough, I regularly spend money here...
    Who is in charge of correcting these mistakes?
  • Well, in this instance the mistake is yours. There is no promise of 3 gear pieces. There’s a promise of 2 with a 4% chance of 3.

I’m guessing you’re in charge of correction.
  • Oh unless the wording "a chance to gain three whole pieces of gear" includes the chance that it could be one to three pieces of neatly crafted or full gear...
    That's a lot of "could's" and "or's" !
  • TimK wrote: »
    Oh unless the wording "a chance to gain three whole pieces of gear" includes the chance that it could be one to three pieces of neatly crafted or full gear...
    That's a lot of "could's" and "or's" !

If CG were more clear about it some people wouldn't buy it because they know they most likely aren't getting three whole gear pieces.