[MEGATHREAD] The SWGoH Community Team is Growing

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I just want to know when to expect next road ahead. Also I think a Q and A with Crumb would be cool

If Crumb isn't present in the next Q&A, i'm not reading it
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I just want to know when to expect next road ahead. Also I think a Q and A with Crumb would be cool

If Crumb isn't present in the next Q&A, i'm not reading it

I've always wanted to ask Crumb what it's like sitting on Jabba's tail. And was he heartbroken when Princess Leia strangled Jabba or did he laugh like he laughs at everything.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Oh,
    Other than LucifersDaddy, Mark Dickenson would be a cool addition
  • I've always wanted to ask Crumb what it's like sitting on Jabba's tail. And was he heartbroken when Princess Leia strangled Jabba or did he laugh like he laughs at everything.

Betting on laughing uncontrollably.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett I have a question. Is crumb going to be the person that delivers the big post (announcements and updates), while you are out on the forums/different threads answering peoples questions?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_Doja_Fett I have a question. Is crumb going to be the person that delivers the big post (announcements and updates), while you are out on the forums/different threads answering peoples questions?

@TheMaster12345 I dont think it will be that rigid, but I dont think they have really put a plan together 100% for any breakdown of who talks, when.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett I have a question. Is crumb going to be the person that delivers the big post (announcements and updates), while you are out on the forums/different threads answering peoples questions?

@TheMaster12345 I dont think it will be that rigid, but I dont think they have really put a plan together 100% for any breakdown of who talks, when.

Ok, I was just wondering that because @CG_Doja_Fett was up front and communicating on the threads while @CG_SBCrumb isn't doing that and is just posting in the announcements and updates section.

It shouldn't be that hard of a plan to make. They both can comment when they can and when its something important, whomever has the time, posts it. I feel like there is am Achoo meme that can solve this.. lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

TheMaster12345 I dont think it will be that rigid, but I dont think they have really put a plan together 100% for any breakdown of who talks, when.

It shouldn't be that hard of a plan to make. They both can comment when they can and when its something important, whomever has the time, posts it. I feel like there is am Achoo meme that can solve this.. lol

It's not about difficulty, it's more that they have other major parts of their roles on the internal side of things, and other than planned communications (that I hope we can get back to), it should be that rigid of a structure for who pops in to say "Hi Diddly Ho, community-ino"

So I think we are saying the same thing....kind of.

TheMaster12345 I dont think it will be that rigid, but I dont think they have really put a plan together 100% for any breakdown of who talks, when.

It's not about difficulty, it's more that they have other major parts of their roles on the internal side of things, and other than planned communications (that I hope we can get back to), it should be that rigid of a structure for who pops in to say "Hi Diddly Ho, community-ino"

Some people see the title “Community Manager” and draw conclusions that this person’s sole job is to communicate with the players.

The reality is that the Community Manager position likely has other sides to it that we don’t see. It’s also likely that the person in that role has one (or multiple) other roles and titles within the company.

Like if you were the “customer service” manager in a retail setting. Your job would probably include handling major complaints from customers. But it may also include managing the cashiers, making work schedules, covering breaks as a cashier and a ton of other things.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    tenor.gif?itemid=3512099
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

076kyp8dhea6.png
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Oh,
    Other than LucifersDaddy, Mark Dickenson would be a cool addition

Lol who?

I mean i know who it is but does he really exist?
  • Someone mentioned something earlier about fun polls and lists to make it feel like we are being heard. I don't want to feel like I'm being heard, I want to be heard. The problem is I expect action and I don't think that's CG_Doja_Fett's job.

@CG_Doja_Fett can you tell us what are your responsibilities and, more importantly, what action we can expect from CG as a product of those responsibilities? I don't mean, what can we expect you to do. I mean, what can we expect from CG that may be different from the past, now that you're here? For example, can we expect solutions to game breaking bugs that had been reported since months or even years ago? Can we expect balance adjustments and reworks to old characters that had been promised by CG since 2018? (To be clear, it might be ok if the answer is no, but an answer is better than no answer, even if I don't like the answer.)

Maybe you already mentioned this, I apologize as I'm having difficulty keeping up, as you might be too as you attempt to engage with millions of customers.

I think for the community, they should take 2 minutes out of their schedule to come up with at least a temp plan. I may be over exaggerating on the time, probably 30 seconds, then they can go back to whatever it is they were doing before.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I think for the community, they should take 2 minutes out of their schedule to come up with at least a temp plan. I may be over exaggerating on the time, probably 30 seconds, then they can go back to whatever it is they were doing before.

Personally, I would rather it be fluid and organic, to avoid any issues of "but that's the other guys part of this". But I'm sure they will figure this out as they move forward.

Personally, I would rather it be fluid and organic, to avoid any issues of "but that's the other guys part of this". But I'm sure they will figure this out as they move forward.

I'm all for them tag teaming it and dealing with the fires when they come up, but they should be dealing with the fires, or communicating.
  • As the title states, I would like to say thank you to you Doja_Fett. We have been craving communication and it is clear that you are engaging with the community in a very positive way. You have already replied 31 times in the last 4 days (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/comments/CG_Doja_Fett). That is literally as many replies at another community manager in the last 6 months. I don't say that to disparage another, only to add context.

P.S. we realize you will not be able to answer every question brought up in the future. We know your hands will be tied in some ways, but when there is an established line of communication and clear positive intend I believe the community will react much differently than it has this last year. I think you can probably already see this in the tone of the responses and discussions that you have engaged in this week.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett
    Are we going to get any info?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @CG_Doja_Fett

On what lol.

Stop tagging the CM without a specific question. This is why we can't have nice things.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett

On what lol.

Stop tagging the CM without a specific question. This is why we can't have nice things.

You realize by quoting a tag you are also tagging him unnecessarily
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett

On what lol.

j218kdbd4xp7.jpg
  • Apologies. Not the intent, meant about when we could see a Road Ahead. Just joined like a month ago, so kinda unfamiliar w rules. Just read up though
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Bummer Q&A is no more...

Just no Q&A planned for this month

Correct. We will have Q&A again in the future.

Now that RagingSpaniard (Art), and Sven (General) have left CapitalGames, any hints on what team the next Q&A will comprise of to replace them?

It'll certainly depend on the main topic, but I'd like to see one of the artists who make the announcement trailers share their talent and thoughts with us. Either way, we'll do our best to fill the shoes the others have left.

What're your thoughts?

Omg please don't focus on art...
    Would still prefer more engaging game Play

We can try for both. I like to promote art and artists, but it doesn't have to be exclusively that.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett

On what lol.

Yes I am aware, because it bugs me when it happens to me, and the large majority of the time I go in and remove the tag.

I missed this one.
  • Will galactic challenges ever have new backgrounds or it the unity update for something else?
  • MKIceman wrote: »
    Someone mentioned something earlier about fun polls and lists to make it feel like we are being heard. I don't want to feel like I'm being heard, I want to be heard. The problem is I expect action and I don't think that's CG_Doja_Fett's job.

@CG_Doja_Fett can you tell us what are your responsibilities and, more importantly, what action we can expect from CG as a product of those responsibilities? I don't mean, what can we expect you to do. I mean, what can we expect from CG that may be different from the past, now that you're here? For example, can we expect solutions to game breaking bugs that had been reported since months or even years ago? Can we expect balance adjustments and reworks to old characters that had been promised by CG since 2018? (To be clear, it might be ok if the answer is no, but an answer is better than no answer, even if I don't like the answer.)

Maybe you already mentioned this, I apologize as I'm having difficulty keeping up, as you might be too as you attempt to engage with millions of customers.

I think it's time for me to make a post covering some of this. I'ma write it up and it should be up soon (tm)
  • Ralakili0383
    235 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Now that we have a new community manager, might as well bring back the monthly QA sessions. @CG_Doja_Fett any news on this front? Would be awesome if you could look into this. Thanks!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Bummer Q&A is no more...

Just no Q&A planned for this month

Correct. We will have Q&A again in the future.

Now that RagingSpaniard (Art), and Sven (General) have left CapitalGames, any hints on what team the next Q&A will comprise of to replace them?

It'll certainly depend on the main topic, but I'd like to see one of the artists who make the announcement trailers share their talent and thoughts with us. Either way, we'll do our best to fill the shoes the others have left.

What're your thoughts?

Omg please don't focus on art...
    Would still prefer more engaging game Play

We can try for both. I like to promote art and artists, but it doesn't have to be exclusively that.

Only focus on art if they are doing a graphic overhaul... otherwise its not important enough to warant what little interaction we get with the dev team.

Keep them focussed on hard questions the community puts out...