Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Time to wait another week for GC's! This ocean of content is amazing!
  • Where is the next GC? honestly wasn't this thing pitched as new everyday content. Maybe the new guy can prove his worth and let us know if theres a plan around this. Or maybe he'll just be another empty chair.
  • bisto_760 wrote: »
    Where is the next GC? honestly wasn't this thing pitched as new everyday content. Maybe the new guy can prove his worth and let us know if theres a plan around this. Or maybe he'll just be another empty chair.

@CG_Doja_Fett

Can you comment on why we have nothing in our events tab to do while GC was pitched as daily content to do?
  • And now the weekend is over so he should be answering that.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

Can you comment on why we have nothing in our events tab to do while GC was pitched as daily content to do?

Great question to put out there. We don't need to know all the details, but if the intention of the event has changed from what we were told before this is the kind of thing to communicate with us about.
  • Falco3 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

Great question to put out there. We don't need to know all the details, but if the intention of the event has changed from what we were told before this is the kind of thing to communicate with us about.

Okay, so what I've been told is the cadence is every weekend for now. We are thinking about including GCs in the Monthly Event Calendar.

Having said that, we are definitely looking at making the GCs more frequent. I don't want to make promises if I'm not certain they'll manifest. But, I will continue to push player sentiment on this issue and it's something the studio wants as well.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    really loving the responses on long-standing questions!

I hope they are more frequent because there are dead days in the game, and Galactic Challenges were hyped to be something for players to have something always available more frequently

The rewards have been downgraded from the exhibition season if you consider them running 4x a month
  • Ultra wrote: »

I hope they are more frequent because there are dead days in the game, and Galactic Challenges were hyped to be something for players to have something always available more frequently

The rewards have been downgraded from the exhibition season if you consider them running 4x a month

As a player, I understand. Keep in mind, GCs are the first piece of content resulting from a foundational thing we built into the game that will allow us to make more content on top of that. So, more is on the way.

When is it coming? Yep. What will it be? Uh huh. Can I say more? I think someone just called my name...Gotta run!

@CG_Doja_Fett

Okay, so what I've been told is the cadence is every weekend for now. We are thinking about including GCs in the Monthly Event Calendar.

Having said that, we are definitely looking at making the GCs more frequent. I don't want to make promises if I'm not certain they'll manifest. But, I will continue to push player sentiment on this issue and it's something the studio wants as well.

Please do, but I do have a bone to pick with your statement. Its not player sentiment on this issue....its what we were told GC's were going to be....everyday. We have no word on why that changed.
  • Ultra wrote: »

^^^ this
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Falco3 wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

Can you ask them to reset feats daily like mythic events?

If its still meant to be daily playable content, it needs rewards daily.

@CG_Doja_Fett

So the players want more frequent gc's and the studio does as well. Hmmmm
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Falco3 wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

So the players want more frequent gc's and the studio does as well. Hmmmm

Maybe the game economy guy, stockholders and ea don't.
  • Drip drip yawn

No ocean here
  • @CG_Doja_Fett
    When is it coming? Yep. What will it be? Uh huh. Can I say more? I think someone just called my name...Gotta run!

I just want to say that even if I'm disappointed in an answer, or even if you literally are not allowed to answer, having someone pop up in the forums to actually provide the non-answer is VASTLY better than having no one say anything at all.

This way we know that we've been heard and we don't **feel** like we are being ignored. This is what I think of as basic customer service, and it's been missing for a long time.

So I want to thank you for moving things in the right direction, and for being able to do so with a wink and a smile even when you know that some people will be upset at the lack of an answer.

Thanks for being here, thanks for reading the forums & making the effort to participate. I know that Carrie got treated badly at times, & I want you to know that even if (more likely when) I hate on one of your answers, I will also be one of the people try to keep folks from hating on you.

I'm glad you're here.

@CG_Doja_Fett

I actually really appreciate this response. You let us know current planned cadence and that more frequent is being considered. That's more than we've heard on GCs in weeks and is encouraging. Also encouraging that your pushing player sentiment. I know you work for CG, but having someone with influence backing the players builds greater trust in the game. A win win for everyone. Keep it up!
  • The rewards have been downgraded from the exhibition season if you consider them running 4x a month

Well... sort of.

Those full Droid Callers were nice. Sure hope no developer's hand slips on the trackpad & drops in fully crafted gear again. Yep. Reaallly hope that does not happen. Reeaaallly hope that.
  • I just want to say that even if I'm disappointed in an answer, or even if you literally are not allowed to answer, having someone pop up in the forums to actually provide the non-answer is VASTLY better than having no one say anything at all.

I'm glad you're here.

I must wholeheartedly agree with this, best effort I have seen in a while, and welcome to you Doja Fett.

Secondly, since all the knobs point to Tuesday, it seems that tacos are called for.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

@CG_Doja_Fett

Not the response I wanted, but a response at least so that's good.

Are there at least going to be other sources (not packs) for the new mod materials? I'll leave the math to you but 4 single tier mod upgrades per month = monumentally slow. @CG_Doja_Fett .
  • Just now we got a couple of days without anything to do (Omega Battles don´t count) and now the Galactic Challenge and the Assault Battles start exactly at the same time.

Why is it so hard to spread the Events more across the week? A lot of people probably already play during work, on the way to work or on the toilet (at work) ;)

Sure I can´t speak for everybody but personally I like to spend my weekends not playing mobile games and at least for me the scheduling makes it really hard to participate in every event because they are so cramped together on the weekends.
  • Okay, so what I've been told is the cadence is every weekend for now. We are thinking about including GCs in the Monthly Event Calendar.

This is the best news we have had in a while. We know the frequency of the event and that CG actually communicates with us.

The sad thing is that no one wanted to hear that this is something you can only play 4 times a month and still this communication was the best communication from CG in the past month. The bar has been set that low on communication from CG.

• @CG_Doja_Fett

I just want to say that even if I'm disappointed in an answer, or even if you literally are not allowed to answer, having someone pop up in the forums to actually provide the non-answer is VASTLY better than having no one say anything at all.

This way we know that we've been heard and we don't **feel** like we are being ignored. This is what I think of as basic customer service, and it's been missing for a long time.

So I want to thank you for moving things in the right direction, and for being able to do so with a wink and a smile even when you know that some people will be upset at the lack of an answer.

Thanks for being here, thanks for reading the forums & making the effort to participate. I know that Carrie got treated badly at times, & I want you to know that even if (more likely when) I hate on one of your answers, I will also be one of the people try to keep folks from hating on you.

I'm glad you're here.

I really appreciate it. Indeed, there will be times I can't touch a subject or give the answer everyone wants (myself included). It just comes with the turf. But, I'll do my best.
  • Daspman wrote: »
    Just now we got a couple of days without anything to do (Omega Battles don´t count) and now the Galactic Challenge and the Assault Battles start exactly at the same time.

Why is it so hard to spread the Events more across the week? A lot of people probably already play during work, on the way to work or on the toilet (at work) ;)

Sure I can´t speak for everybody but personally I like to spend my weekends not playing mobile games and at least for me the scheduling makes it really hard to participate in every event because they are so cramped together on the weekends.

Absolutely agree with all of this. There are times in the game (yesterday being a perfect example) when there is, apart from the "daily stuff" (i.e. arena battles, fleet battles and spending energy), when there is almost nothing going on. Yet other times, when multiple events and activities overlap.

I also agree on the "weekends" thing. For my part, I'd rather have GCs during the week then over a weekend. I prefer to spend weekends with my wife and kids rather than on a mobile game. But I know there are some people that are the opposite in that regard.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    icanectc wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett

I'm glad you're here.

I really appreciate it. Indeed, there will be times I can't touch a subject or give the answer everyone wants (myself included). It just comes with the turf. But, I'll do my best.

Not for nothing but there shouldn't be a single topic you can't discuss. If cg or ea isn't willing to give you the rope necessary to work with the community then it's bound to end in flames...

Again, this is just a lack of understanding of the position.

He is not the decision maker, which limits what he can say.
  • striker_Jakkuzas
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Can we stop calling this a "new game mode"? This is a once a week event that runs for 3 days but he rewards don't refresh. The sith raid was new, GAC was new, but this is not new content. This not always available as a mode to play and it not new. A few new effects and different team restrictions but otherwise it is disappoint.

Please refer to this for what it is, a "once weekly event that is not always available to play".

I am so glad we go this instead of a guild level sandbox. It is nice not begin able to use your roster beyond your arena team. Thank you CG for giving us 20 new minutes a week.

• just abandon the whole thing and get back to start with a new raid and a sandbox mode (no, it's NOT expensive)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • why not just add more events to the journey guide? especially the more rare ones like galactic bounties or mythic events. gives the player base a lot of daily content to go through. maybe even consider adding raids to the journey guide?
  • hottutty wrote: »
    why not just add more events to the journey guide? especially the more rare ones like galactic bounties or mythic events. gives the player base a lot of daily content to go through. maybe even consider adding raids to the journey guide?

Maybe even add "new content"?
  • hottutty wrote: »
    why not just add more events to the journey guide? especially the more rare ones like galactic bounties or mythic events. gives the player base a lot of daily content to go through. maybe even consider adding raids to the journey guide?

why would raids be added to the journey guide? they're guild events.