Robmoo
24 posts Member
edited October 2020
Delete
Post edited by Robmoo on

Replies

• Robmoo wrote: »
    There are two facts of PvP SWGOH.

My suggested solution is to rank GP for PvP events based on a player’s 100 highest GP toons and 50 highest GP ships. The number of units counted could be flexible and this is my simplest suggested solution.

Who is going to tell him?
  • Robmoo wrote: »

My suggested solution is to rank GP for PvP events based on a player’s 100 highest GP toons and 50 highest GP ships. The number of units counted could be flexible and this is my simplest suggested solution.

Not me
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Robmoo wrote: »

Not me

Okay okay, i will..
    Your "solution" is one of the worst ones ever. The more units are counted the higher the chance to get an enemy from the top end which would result in an absolut massacre for the casual player.
    Same goes the other way around, matching someone with 30 high end and 70 low level toons against someone with 100 mediocre ones is not ending well either.
    Conclusion: Your suggestion would screw things up even more.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firstly, speed is king, but I can assure you that as a person in my shard who rarely goes first in any matches, and therefore never goes more often, speed is not nearly as much if an issue as people see it as.

Second - you are right when it comes to GAs the more focused rosters seem to be able to work within the system to have a "better" matchup with some favor on thier side....

That being said, we have all had enough time at this point to build and focus our rosters to be more PvP (really just GAC) focused. I'm sure they could tweak the algorithm more and make matches more equal to reduce blowouts or matches where one side "has no chance"(its not always the case when those words are used), but adding more toons to the calculation makes it worse for many, not better.