Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

14567810Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So rather than address the issue (cg lack of communication and missing the mark with GC then going into radio silence, hiring a new community manager, and still not communicating)

What do we do?

Essential call people internet trolls who are looking for points posting complaints rather than being constructive and saying their words in a way that we would like to read them.

This kind of response is disgusting for all parties involved, CG, Kyno, and the mystery silent community managers.

File this under the docket of When your customers call you out for failing at your job and you attack the customer for calling you out rather than address their grievance.

This thread is pointless.

I am calling internet trolls, internet trolls. People are people, you are more likely to meet them IRL than you are on the internet. :wink: j/k, there are plenty of wonderful people here, even ones pretending to be internet trolls.

I am not saying anyone has to word anything the way I would like them. I am saying that you are more likely to get a response or have a fruitful and thoughtful conversation when you start with that intent and maybe a little respect.

No one calling me out for not doing my job, so I'm not sure who you are saying is attacking people who did that. I also dont think I'm attacking anyone, but I think you do think I am. Everyone here are not my customers, but my friends and cohorts in an effort to enjoy ourselves through gaming in the SW universe we all love.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    All the semantics and senseless bickering aside, the bottom line is that there has been barely any new content this year.

For months the excuse was the new delivery system was being worked on. Now that unity has been updated and improved after taking almost 7 months, there still hasn’t been an “ocean of content”. We’ve gotten GC’s which happens about once every week or so. If that. There has been next to no communication about them since the follow up post by crumb pointing out the changes.

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    So rather than address the issue (cg lack of communication and missing the mark with GC then going into radio silence, hiring a new community manager, and still not communicating)

What do we do?

Essential call people internet trolls who are looking for points posting complaints rather than being constructive and saying their words in a way that we would like to read them.

This kind of response is disgusting for all parties involved, CG, Kyno, and the mystery silent community managers.

File this under the docket of When your customers call you out for failing at your job and you attack the customer for calling you out rather than address their grievance.

I am calling internet trolls, internet trolls. People are people, you are more likely to meet them IRL than you are on the internet. :wink: j/k, there are plenty of wonderful people here, even ones pretending to be internet trolls.

I am not saying anyone has to word anything the way I would like them. I am saying that you are more likely to get a response or have a fruitful and thoughtful conversation when you start with that intent and maybe a little respect.

No one calling me out for not doing my job, so I'm not sure who you are saying is attacking people who did that. I also dont think I'm attacking anyone, but I think you do think I am. Everyone here are not my customers, but my friends and cohorts in an effort to enjoy ourselves through gaming in the SW universe we all love.

U do your job well. And for free!!!

I meant people calling out devs for not doing their job (not you not doing your job) which in this case for devs would be deliver on their main goal = oceans of new content.

If that hasn't happened to players satisfaction then a conversation should be had about the topic.

Imo I feel like your somewhat misdirection that conversation by implying he is trolling and he could have written his post another way....

Imo It's more beneficial to the community to address the substance like the devs failure to deliver oceans of content or communicate why they missed the mark which is the main point, not how he worded it or if you think he is trolling those are diversions.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

What do we do?

U do your job well. And for free!!!

I meant people calling out devs for not doing their job (not you not doing your job) which in this case for devs would be deliver on their main goal = oceans of new content.

If that hasn't happened to players satisfaction then a conversation should be had about the topic.

Imo I feel like your somewhat misdirection that conversation by implying he is trolling and he could have written his post another way....

Imo It's more beneficial to the community to address the substance like the devs failure to deliver oceans of content or communicate why they missed the mark which is the main point, not how he worded it or if you think he is trolling those are diversions.

i can see your point about misdirecting, but its not about it being written another way, it could have been written like he wanted to have the conversation, not just make a satirical jab at them. There is a difference.

I agree that things should be addressed, and so do people in the positions we are talking about. Its just not always that straightforward.
  • Let's wait and see. Hopefully there is something new this month.

• Looooki wrote: »
    Let's wait and see. Hopefully there is something new this month.

Haven't we been saying that since April?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Potato211 wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Let's wait and see. Hopefully there is something new this month.

Haven't we been saying that since April?

Take a look at the forums. The new guy has been responding. Wake up
  • Since this went off topic for so long, I’ll try to bring it back:

By what CG has called “new content” so far in 2020, they’ve provide galactic challenges. That’s it. This comes after saying that they wanted to produce more than in 2019. What’s the plan for the rest?

Will there actually be new content for players at all levels, or do I need to R4+ my bad toons to experience this content?
  • Since this went off topic for so long, I’ll try to bring it back:

By what CG has called “new content” so far in 2020, they’ve provide galactic challenges. That’s it. This comes after saying that they wanted to produce more than in 2019. What’s the plan for the rest?

Will there actually be new content for players at all levels, or do I need to R4+ my bad toons to experience this content?

U mean R5 to reach the requirement and another team of lesser geared toons?

That is what GC is about... Wish they would make up their minds if they want us to finish it with highly geared toons or lowered gear toons.

And yes, back to content. A bit hard to continue if they don't release anything. We been talking, time for CG to talk
  • Fhoenix wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They also set expectations that GCs would be tied to daily challenges and people complained, so they took that away.

Challenge eyeballs in tank rewards say hi.

Since you like to say it, can you correlate and provide evidence where they communicated that they took it away because we complained?

*TVF left the chat*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well, hopefully the update coming in two weeks has more to offer than graphics upgrade. It does say "features and graphics", so there is some hope. It's a bit hard to think of something that would make up for the dry year, though...
  • Dathomir Omega battles!!! Oh yeah! Smash that sim button.

Drink from the "endless well".

At least they confirmed that Galactic Challenge are once a week. So we have a new 20 minutes of content every week and then.... nothing.
  • At least they confirmed that Galactic Challenge are once a week. So we have a new 20 minutes of content every week and then.... nothing.

When did they confirm that? I honestly forgot.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    They also set expectations that GCs would be tied to daily challenges and people complained, so they took that away.

Since you like to say it, can you correlate and provide evidence where they communicated that they took it away because we complained?

*TVF left the chat*

Follow up posts by others made it unnecessary for me to also post, but congrats on thinking you scored an internet point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    At least they confirmed that Galactic Challenge are once a week. So we have a new 20 minutes of content every week and then.... nothing.

Falco3 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

Can you comment on why we have nothing in our events tab to do while GC was pitched as daily content to do?

Great question to put out there. We don't need to know all the details, but if the intention of the event has changed from what we were told before this is the kind of thing to communicate with us about.

Okay, so what I've been told is the cadence is every weekend for now. We are thinking about including GCs in the Monthly Event Calendar.

Having said that, we are definitely looking at making the GCs more frequent. I don't want to make promises if I'm not certain they'll manifest. But, I will continue to push player sentiment on this issue and it's something the studio wants as well.
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020

@CG_Doja_Fett

Can you comment on why we have nothing in our events tab to do while GC was pitched as daily content to do?

Great question to put out there. We don't need to know all the details, but if the intention of the event has changed from what we were told before this is the kind of thing to communicate with us about.

Okay, so what I've been told is the cadence is every weekend for now. We are thinking about including GCs in the Monthly Event Calendar.

Having said that, we are definitely looking at making the GCs more frequent. I don't want to make promises if I'm not certain they'll manifest. But, I will continue to push player sentiment on this issue and it's something the studio wants as well.

That is funny....the studio wants the GCs to be more frequent as well. Crazy how it's not happening then.
  • TVF wrote: »

*TVF left the chat*

Follow up posts by others made it unnecessary for me to also post, but congrats on thinking you scored an internet point.

Since your logic seemingly is based on wording, I highly disagree.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

That is funny....the studio wants the GCs to be more frequent as well. Crazy how it's not happening then.

I don't quite understand that either but maybe EA has a say in it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

*TVF left the chat*

Since your logic seemingly is based on wording, I highly disagree.

That's fine.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

@CG_Doja_Fett

Let's not forget that GCs in their current form aren't the end of it. Did GA run back to back when it wasn't GAC yet? I honestly don't remember.
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Holy crap really. **** here’s me checking the news and announcements each day for some news and i miss it. Last i heard they were thinking every three days.

I’ve not read the whole thread but I assume they opted to announce this to the community via a podcast, third party website or mid thread on the forums? I’m gonna switch to esp mode from here on out.

Guess that means we’re past the exhibition stage then. Man I’m disappointed in myself for not embracing the disappointment a month ago.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@CG_Doja_Fett

Nope. It's a long story..... it starts with "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times....."
  • Kyno wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

Nope. It's a long story..... it starts with "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times....."

1200+ pages and in Russian? Wow, that's rough...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020

@CG_Doja_Fett

That was my initial thought, but then again I doubt they are micromanaging the event cadences. not impossible, but highly doubtful.
    Post edited by LukeDukem8 on