GL Luke

Zedstar
22 posts Member
edited October 2020
How can a GL be this bad.... SEE can auto him with ultimates on both, JKR can destroy him, Vader smashes him.
Luke and Plaps GL are meant to be the pinnacle of the game and one of them is so OP and the other is so bad.... only good thing to come out of farming for GL luke is chewie and 3p0 and JKL

Surely luke needs at least 1/2 buffs and fast
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Zedstar wrote: »
    How can a GL be this bad.... SEE can auto him with ultimates on both, JKR can destroy him, Vader smashes him.
    Luke and Plaps GL are meant to be the pinnacle of the game and one of them is so OP and the other is so bad.... only good thing to come out of farming for GL luke is chewie and 3p0 and JKL

So you missed all the cheap counters Rey and SLKR had?

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Zedstar wrote: »

FYP.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

FYP.

SLKR had nearly the same counters as Rey, he was even beaten by CLS (would like to test my own CLS when I have 3Pac ready at relics if it IS possible and how consistent) aswell as GAS/GAS+1
    so yes, they both had counters whether you like it or not
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

FYP.

SLKR had nearly the same counters as Rey, he was even beaten by CLS (would like to test my own CLS when I have 3Pac ready at relics if it IS possible and how consistent) aswell as GAS/GAS+1

Had is the key word here. They fixed SLKR so he no longer has cheap counters. Rey still has a couple.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »

FYP.

Had is the key word here. They fixed SLKR so he no longer has cheap counters. Rey still has a couple.

SLKR still has cheap counters, and one is the same team used on Rey.
  • StarSon wrote: »

FYP.

tell me the "cheap" Rey counter
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

FYP.

I would hardly call anything with JKL cheap.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

FYP.

What about the DR vader/thrawn combo that is used for both?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

FYP.

AFAIK it is not reliable at all for SLK, while it is extremely reliable against Rey. Not at the same level as a standard DR team against JML.
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I think and hope, we're yet to see the ideal JML team comp that stops counters, Rey initial teams were way more easier to beat than what we have today and still, we have Rey comps that stop the cheap counters, I love one specific Rey Comp (that I won't mention, sneak peak below) that is soooooo cheap and stops almost all non GL's counters to Rey, it has worked every time (held at least once) in GAC where people don't save a GL for offense

So even when I'm currently as disappointed as you, since I went for JML as well, I still have hope we will find out a way to stop cheap counters...

Cheap counter = Everything that isn't a GL

xp92zsnifps7.png
  • Kyno wrote: »

FYP.

It's not nearly as reliable against SLKR and requires much higher relic levels/mods to beat him vs. Rey. I was actually discussing this very issue with my GAC opponent whose lifetime GAC score is over 480k. He owns SLKR - puts him on defense and uses that counter vs. players who have Rey, knowing they can't do the same reliably.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • So what team easily beats JMLS with UA, JKR, GAS, JKL, Hoda? No one in our shard can do it right now.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • aperingo wrote: »
    I love one specific Rey Comp (that I won't mention, sneak peak below) that is soooooo cheap and stops almost all non GL's counters to Rey, it has worked every time (held at least once) in GAC where people don't save a GL for offense

Well with a pitch like that, you can't expect me to NOT go snooping around to uncover your dirty little secret...

bc7k7pdfmb7b.jpg
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Every GL right now has F2P counters. The toughest holds right now are GL Rey with Malak plus another tank and Bastilla lead with GL Luke. As for GL Kylo, various combinations of DR, Thrawn, Traya, Malak, Wat, FBast, Vader, wrecks the team. zPiett even at low levels with Vader is tearing through GLs.

Kylo is still the best IMO but nobody on our shard has any problems dispatching GL Kylo full R7 team with a DR lead.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5kO_u2JkjI
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I just tested my R7 GL Luke with only two zetas against solid Rey and Kylo teams. I tried both JML and Bast leads. I was able to auto the Kylo team with Bast lead and I was able to handily beat Rey with a JML lead. I will see how it holds over the next several hours idks4m3v1fc8.png

The two teams I quickly tested against
    jj5y9c3cuu3t.png
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Blargwahar wrote: »
    aperingo wrote: »
    I love one specific Rey Comp (that I won't mention, sneak peak below) that is soooooo cheap and stops almost all non GL's counters to Rey, it has worked every time (held at least once) in GAC where people don't save a GL for offense

Well with a pitch like that, you can't expect me to NOT go snooping around to uncover your dirty little secret...

bc7k7pdfmb7b.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha yes indeed I was expecting people to go and review swgoh.gg
    Even then it works (did you noticed it was the second attempt), and the trap is what else you set to make choices to use reduced...
  • To beat GL Luke with UA, I had to use DR (L), DM, BSF, SLKR, GBA.
  • RattyBatty
    94 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Have you seen Bulldog's video about Luke under bastila lead and wat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG69kifKViM (oops i forgot you posted this before the video)

I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • Han is a hard counter to that Bast lead team. Any solid team with Thrawn also wrecks it.
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I think this proves how bad luke is.....
    https://youtu.be/PFK1oyebTgc

3 v 5 and the 3 win.... what a utter joke, luke skywalker GL and he seems the worst out of all of them..... can’t believe how bad CG have messed up one of the best characters in Star Wars 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • its not luke is bad, drevan is good :)