Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• hottutty wrote: »
    why not just add more events to the journey guide? especially the more rare ones like galactic bounties or mythic events. gives the player base a lot of daily content to go through. maybe even consider adding raids to the journey guide?

why would raids be added to the journey guide? they're guild events.

just to pass the time and try out new teams. don't need to add the rewards.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett with how you said GC are only weekend evens for now. can you see if they will at least double the rewards until the become more often? the rewards were set for every 3 days, but if they only happen once a week they arent as great.

plus more mod slicing materials that way
  • That's ridiculous. One year to update unity with no content and now : including some complicated stuff involving the tool used to create the events.
    We want the ocean you promised since 2019.stop the lie

• Can you at least leave it available the whole week? When people begged for it to last 1-2 days, they thought they would be back to back. But I would like to have it available to test teams, or to play on days with no events.
  • I swear I heard someone from CG say that they had taken all this time to put systems in place that would allow them to crank out events like this much quicker. Now we are back to once a week even though the tools are supposedly ready now. This is so ridiculous.
  • let me guess: the tool also doesn't allow for an increase of the rewards
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • So much for something to always do in the game....
  • WiseJedi
    217 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    First of all I like the fact, that CG really tries to make things go right. In general increase in communication by both community manager, correct things related to events like GL, farming ticets etc.

I think regarding the GC thing that this process is still "experimental". What I think and hope that after this stage we will see an increase in their cadence after some sort of time.

But there's one thing. Please buff GL Luke. He's one of the hardest GL to get and he should be as good to conter GL SEE. Luke should get anti Sith Synergy or something that should prevent him and his allies to be destroyed like that.

Thank you Doja and the whole CG Team and I hope to hear soon good news.
    I'm looking forward to hear soon about the big update. @CG_Doja_Fett
  • I vote for making assault battles run for two days again. Vastly more content, zero effort.
  • When people begged for it to last 1-2 days, they thought they would be back to back.

I tried to tell people that was a bad assumption, but no one wanted to listen.
  • Just because he lacks authority of a decision maker doesn't mean he cannot discuss a problem the community has or perceives. If cg is going to prevent him from even touching the topic then what exactly is the point???
    He doesn't have to be a decision maker to acknowledge a conversation....

That's not how I read Doja Fett's comments. Admittedly IANADF, but I thought DF was saying that there are topics on which DF cannot even attempt to provide answers. That's not fun, but it's still not what you're saying, which is t hat DF cannot even acknowledge that a question has been asked.

Think of the chaos it would cause if someone asked if (insert your favorite GL to hate on here) is going to get a buff, and DF said something like,
    Discussions are ongoing, but right now the sense of the room is that (Particular GL) is going to get buffs to X & Y. Don't count on it of course, but that's the feeling in the room.

and then PGL was not buffed b/c even though the answer was honest and the answer was clear that no final decision had been made, people somehow thought they were entitled to make decisions on which GL to pursue based on that info.

For that reason, there are going to be topics which DF cannot address, but I think it's entirely unlikely that there's any such thing as a topic DF cannot acknowledge. Address and acknowledge are two different things.
  • GC was meant to be daily content with rewards. Are you able to suggest if we're going to get more opportunities to increase our reward income? Specifically the new slicing mats that you're locking behind this, now, weekend event?
  • I vote for making assault battles run for two days again. Vastly more content, zero effort.

Making them able to be simmed would be better.
  • Other than the Mk2 mod slicing parts, I'd be fine with it staying once a week; Galactic Challenges can be a little tedious, especially when pursuing some of the trickier feats.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    icanectc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett
    When is it coming? Yep. What will it be? Uh huh. Can I say more? I think someone just called my name...Gotta run!

I just want to say that even if I'm disappointed in an answer, or even if you literally are not allowed to answer, having someone pop up in the forums to actually provide the non-answer is VASTLY better than having no one say anything at all.

This way we know that we've been heard and we don't **feel** like we are being ignored. This is what I think of as basic customer service, and it's been missing for a long time.

So I want to thank you for moving things in the right direction, and for being able to do so with a wink and a smile even when you know that some people will be upset at the lack of an answer.

Thanks for being here, thanks for reading the forums & making the effort to participate. I know that Carrie got treated badly at times, & I want you to know that even if (more likely when) I hate on one of your answers, I will also be one of the people try to keep folks from hating on you.

I'm glad you're here.

I really appreciate it. Indeed, there will be times I can't touch a subject or give the answer everyone wants (myself included). It just comes with the turf. But, I'll do my best.

Not for nothing but there shouldn't be a single topic you can't discuss. If cg or ea isn't willing to give you the rope necessary to work with the community then it's bound to end in flames...

Again, this is just a lack of understanding of the position.

He is not the decision maker, which limits what he can say.

Just because he lacks authority of a decision maker doesn't mean he cannot discuss a problem the community has or perceives. If cg is going to prevent him from even touching the topic then what exactly is the point???

He doesn't have to be a decision maker to acknowledge a conversation....

yes it does. until a decision is reached he cannot speak "out of turn" or really say anything about the internal discussion without the Ok to do so.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I vote for making assault battles run for two days again. Vastly more content, zero effort.

I vote for 24 fully crafted stun guns each week.

Unfortunately this is not a democracy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I liked getting more stun guns today. That was really useful :smile:
  • hottutty wrote: »
    why not just add more events to the journey guide? especially the more rare ones like galactic bounties or mythic events. gives the player base a lot of daily content to go through. maybe even consider adding raids to the journey guide?

why would raids be added to the journey guide? they're guild events.

You can solo all 3 of them now... though sith raid is still a challenge for me.

But for real, HAAT and PIT would be fun to play for no rewards any time i wanted

• Playing the KAM mission for practice would also be good. There's no reason a zero-reward KAM mission can't be in the journey guide.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Playing the KAM mission for practice would also be good. There's no reason a zero-reward KAM mission can't be in the journey guide.
    Playing the KAM mission for practice would be good but there is a good reason for not letting players practice that mission as much as they want. So that they overprepare by investing on Shaak Ti + 501st more than whats the minimum ask
  • Kudos on the improvements that seem to come each GC.

Hoping the next one includes multiple faction feats rather than just feats for one faction. A “featured faction” feat along with other lesser feats for other factions would push this over the top for me.

But kudos again to CG for what have been steady improvements, imho.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

You can solo all 3 of them now... though sith raid is still a challenge for me.

But for real, HAAT and PIT would be fun to play for no rewards any time i wanted

The Rancor Raid is without a doubt the most fun of the three. Would love to be able to just casually pick this up and play.
  • Galactic Challenges have improved a lot! The current one (Empire vs Jedi) is really fun. I replayed it multiple times even when I didn't have any rewards left. Also, I don't have any relic Empire characters yet I was able to complete all the levels & feats thanks to my Vader zeta merciless massacre.

Since the cadence will be limited to weekends only, could entire gear pieces be added again? The last challenge gave away 3 entire Mk 5 Droid Caller gear. That was amazing and I'm sure the community loved it.

My only suggestion is to add multiple faction feats and other fun feats like GAC.
  • The Rancor Raid is without a doubt the most fun of the three.

I would love to play it through with squads that grant no TM control & see who does big damage, who doesn't, who gets devoured & who doesn't, etc.
  • Enigmatic_Potato
    796 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Falco3 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett

Can you comment on why we have nothing in our events tab to do while GC was pitched as daily content to do?

Great question to put out there. We don't need to know all the details, but if the intention of the event has changed from what we were told before this is the kind of thing to communicate with us about.

Okay, so what I've been told is the cadence is every weekend for now. We are thinking about including GCs in the Monthly Event Calendar.

Having said that, we are definitely looking at making the GCs more frequent. I don't want to make promises if I'm not certain they'll manifest. But, I will continue to push player sentiment on this issue and it's something the studio wants as well.

@CG_Doja_Fett Thanks confirming the current cadence.

Would it be possible to push the event length back out to 7 days again? Having a multi-tiered event always running is really helpful for testing possible bugs or theory-crafted team synergy.

If the event cadence is going to be once a week, they may as well run for the entire week.

EDIT: I now see this question has been asked in other threads already, can't see to find an answer though. Is it still "stay tuned, more info around GCs on the way"?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Falco3 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

CG_Doja_Fett

Can you comment on why we have nothing in our events tab to do while GC was pitched as daily content to do?

Great question to put out there. We don't need to know all the details, but if the intention of the event has changed from what we were told before this is the kind of thing to communicate with us about.

Okay, so what I've been told is the cadence is every weekend for now. We are thinking about including GCs in the Monthly Event Calendar.

Having said that, we are definitely looking at making the GCs more frequent. I don't want to make promises if I'm not certain they'll manifest. But, I will continue to push player sentiment on this issue and it's something the studio wants as well.

CG_Doja_Fett Thanks confirming the current cadence.

Would it be possible to push the event length back out to 7 days again? Having a multi-tiered event always running is really helpful for testing possible bugs or theory-crafted team synergy.

If the event cadence is going to be once a week, they may as well run for the entire week.

EDIT: I now see this question has been asked in other threads already, can't see to find an answer though. Is it still "stay tuned, more info around GCs on the way"?

Yes, it is still stay tuned for more information.
  • Well the GCs are on the event calendar for November. Only 4 the entire month. I wouldn’t expect there to be a change in the cadence or schedule this year.

So the most hyped new content for 2020, the thing that was supposed to better than a new raid or a sandbox mod, the well of endless content, and it is 20 minutes 4 times a month. You cannot even replay it without rewards for 4 days out of every week.

I almost hope they don’t fix it in 2020. The entire year has been crap for the world and SWGOH. They should stay on theme and not give us much in 2020.
  • One thing i am not liking is with the new slicing mats that are tied to T6&7. IMO they should be awarded at the lower levels of GC as it seems to be the rich getting richer. Now i'm not looking for stuff to be handed to me. Don't mind the challenges. Last weeks was good as you could do it with lower level characters by figuring out the puzzle. This week seems like brute force, which isn't really skill based at all.

Nevertheless think it would be better to put more G13 salvage or something in the 6&7 tiers. Everyone NEEDS good mods as that is what this game is really based upon at the end of the day.