Negotiator Mirror Match Turn Meter

Darth_Draker
33 posts Member
edited October 2020
Can anyone explain to me how turn meter works with the negotiator mirror matches please? It seems to be totally random. Most of the time my opponents entire fleet goes first which decimates my team. Occasionally mine does. Sometimes ships alternate back and forth. I’ve looked at mods. Mine are all 6 dot just like my opponents. Speed on my pilots is greater on my anakin, obi wan, and rex (my starters plus the btl y wing). I don’t understand. Is it the “rng” gremlins messing with me so I’ll spend more crystals on refreshes? Thanks
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Speed on your pilots is totally irrelevant.

Ship speed is determined by the gear / relic level of the pilot, as well as the number of dots on the mod.

Are they true mirror matches? Because different starting lineups have different TM mechanics at play.
  • Also, you should use your Malevolence vs Negotiator and vice versa. I’m hitting 8-10 battles a day to take position and losing at worst 2 a week.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Also, you should use your Malevolence vs Negotiator and vice versa. I’m hitting 8-10 battles a day to take position and losing at worst 2 a week.

This, stop the mirrors.
    Mal fleet decimates nego
    Nego fleet decimates mal
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm gonna tell you something

Tie Fighter is good against those mirror matches from my experience, I've a slower nego due to mine being 5* and I can beat stronger and faster ones, thanks to Tie Fighter+Umbaran combo

Make sure your Tie goes before anyone else (+190 speed should do the trick that means G11+4 on your Tie Pilot), incluiding your own Umbaran, otherwise, this would not work, then, your Umbaran must be second (again, +190 speed)
    NOTE: If there's an enemy Umbaran on the startup lineup, unless you have a relic Tie Pilot, he'll probably go first, most likely against your Tie, which will make him go next, thanks to the Umbaran unique, so the ship just need to survive

After that, you want to use the special ability of Tie Fighter to gain foresight and dmg Anakin, then, with your own Umbaran, attack Anakin ETA so he gains TM and use his AOE, with this, your own Nego will go first!

Gain that juicy TM and valor and put those dazes on the enemy team and you're pretty much good to go
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Also, you should use your Malevolence vs Negotiator and vice versa.

This. Negotiator and Malevolence counter each other easily while mirror matches can be tricky. I really like that they were designed that way.
  • That’s an interesting solution with Tie fighter.

As for the original question, Eta and Negotiator have the same speed. So assuming there’s no Umbarans in the lineup, the computer will randomly choose between the four. If the opposing Negotiator goes first, then it will use mobilize and the fleet will all get an additional 30% TM. Under the new mechanics for TM, that pretty much guarantees the entire opposing fleet will go before you because they will all now have more TM than your ships. The reverse is true for you. Sometimes, the Etas will get selected and you’ll get that back and forth. The worst is when the opposing Eta goes, followed by the opposing Negotiator. The Eta will suddenly have an additional 30% TM towards its next turn.

Lineups with Umbaran and HT can mess with that, but usually it’s the first Negotiator to get off Mobilize that causes the mass turn affect.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @Darth_Draker In case your opponent's Negotiator moves first it most likely will apply daze to your fleet which prevents your ships from gaining bonus TM and severely cripples your fleet. Even if your Negotiator is at max speed there's no guarantee that it will move before the enemy Negotiator (depending on the two fleets ofc.)
  • I fight maxed negotiators all day with my max negotiator and I almost never go first. It is so annoying but the cpu definitely seems to favor the AI controlled fleet.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I fight maxed negotiators all day with my max negotiator and I almost never go first. It is so annoying but the cpu definitely seems to favor the AI controlled fleet.

Hmmm.... I thought that was only me
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I fight maxed negotiators all day with my max negotiator and I almost never go first. It is so annoying but the cpu definitely seems to favor the AI controlled fleet.

The speed issue in a true mirror match is a coin flip. The thing that drives me crazy is how many daze/target locks stick me vs. AI.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yeah the potency/tenacity is also wonky. I try to get 3 target locks out so fives ship can use its special turn 2 to force anis ship into stealth and make the cpu negotiator use its revive instead of its aoe, but it is so hard to land debuffs. Do you guys run ht or ywing in your starting lineup? I run ht since I have r6 bossk but I am thinking of switching to ywing for the GR bonuses.
  • Darn RNG always goes against me on the third Thursday of every month ending in 'y'. :(